Tour de France stage 15 *spoiler*

Comments

• Hasn't Schleck only won 1 stage this year?
    shhh. fact has no place in a thread like this.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,473
    iainf72 wrote:
    I can't wait til people keep unshipping their chain whenever someone attacks so they ease off and wait.

It's going to add a whole new dimension to cycling.

In the 1986 Milan-San Remo, Sean Kelly was being marked by the likes of Vanderaerden and Moser, he purposefully slipped a gear, this was the day of friction shifting, and they passed him, he then counter-attacked and caught Mario Beccia and Greg Lemond and beat them in the sprint.

Sometimes it can work to your advantage. :wink:
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    I thought we were talking about Chavanel. Or Cavendish.
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    Pokerface wrote:
    Doobz wrote:
    Mettan wrote:
    Like everyone else on planet earth Contador would have known that Andy likely had a chain issue within about 2 secs - the body-language from Shleck's legs was obvious - his body-language screamed out ''the chain's come off' - you can tell instantly by his pedalling style - Contador would have seen Andy's legs ''pedalling into nothing'', ie chain issue. I suspect contador knew within about 2-3 seconds - he then decided to launch an attack to capitalise on Andy's misfortune.

serves as right for being such a smug little tw@t when he has not really done anything to deserve the yellow...

2010 Tour Stage wins by Andy Schleck: 2
    2010 Tour Stage wins By Alberto Contador: 0

Idiotic comments by Doobz: dozens and counting.

haha - you think I give a crap if its idiotic or not? Its the friking internet. maybe if you try any harder I will give you The "who give's a fcuk award."

AS has been playing a nice little game the last week or so in the yellow jersey and he knew it was over when ac took those 10 seconds on him..

Cavendish has taken 2 stages also but that doesnt make him deserve to win the tdf now does it?
    cartoon.jpg
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    ynyswen24 wrote:
    Racing incident.

Schleck attacks from the back and gets a gap, Vino responds followed by Conatdor. Vino and Contador pass Schleck as he fumbles the gear change (no Dog Fang...) and are past as Schleck stops and dismounts, panics and has to make two attempts to replace the chain.

Contador seems to pause unsure what to do by which time Menchov and Sanchez seem to want to press on to gain time on the 1st and 2nd placed riders in GC. Contador has to go with that move and when he does there's no point faffing about.

it was a case of the Yellow Jersey attacking the 2nd, 3rd and 4th place riders and feckin it up.
    Agreed but I think there is more.
    The stalemate the day before needed some thought by Astana for today.
    Plan is for Vinokourov to signal AC near the top of Bales and lauch a two pronged attack.
    That Saxo used all their men on the way up was a bonus except that before the time (or place) for Vinokourov to launch and signal then AS attacked.
    Vinny was straight after him (without any signal) and looks back for AC who had been waiting for the signal and was a bit slow to react but on his way.
    AC catches vinny as the guy in yellow suddenly stops once again.
    Too late the plan is now in flow and sod the yellow guy trying to play silly buggers again as we had enough of that yesterday.
    Now continue with the above quote.
    It seems that AS had a modified changer to lose weight.
    Well it was only there to stop the chain coming off but in the excitement it wasn't there.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Doobz wrote:
    haha - you think I give a crap if its idiotic or not? Its the friking internet. maybe if you try any harder I will give you The "who give's a fcuk award."

Think your tone in that posts says it all .............you do give a f@ck !
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • Doobz
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Doobz wrote:

please dont look at me with that tone of voice.. :roll: :roll:
    cartoon.jpg
  • moray_gub
    deejay wrote:
    ynyswen24 wrote:
    Racing incident.

Schleck attacks from the back and gets a gap, Vino responds followed by Conatdor. Vino and Contador pass Schleck as he fumbles the gear change (no Dog Fang...) and are past as Schleck stops and dismounts, panics and has to make two attempts to replace the chain.

Contador seems to pause unsure what to do by which time Menchov and Sanchez seem to want to press on to gain time on the 1st and 2nd placed riders in GC. Contador has to go with that move and when he does there's no point faffing about.

it was a case of the Yellow Jersey attacking the 2nd, 3rd and 4th place riders and feckin it up.
    Agreed but I think there is more.
    The stalemate the day before needed some thought by Astana for today.
    Plan is for Vinokourov to signal AC near the top of Bales and lauch a two pronged attack.
    That Saxo used all their men on the way up was a bonus except that before the time (or place) for Vinokourov to launch and signal then AS attacked.
    Vinny was straight after him (without any signal) and looks back for AC who had been waiting for the signal and was a bit slow to react but on his way.
    AC catches vinny as the guy in yellow suddenly stops once again.
    Too late the plan is now in flow and sod the yellow guy trying to play silly buggers again as we had enough of that yesterday.
    Now continue with the above quote.
    It seems that AS had a modified changer to lose weight.
    Well it was only there to stop the chain coming off but in the excitement it wasn't there.

I should'nt really ask this as i already know the answer but do you just make things up as you go along or what even the more fervent AC fan knows rioghly or wrongly he was taking advantage of the mechanical not some pre planned attack.
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    AidanR wrote:
    Don't mistake Vino for Contador - Vino countered Schleck's attack, not Bertie.

He probably listened to Liggitt. I just watched the highlights and he said is was Bertie when it was obvious it was Vino - but then I had watched it live as well.
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • rockmount
    rockmount Posts: 761
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Rokkala wrote:
    Doobz wrote:

serves as right for being such a smug little tw@t when he has not really done anything to deserve the yellow...

Thank you Doobz for taking up the Contador man-love slack that has been left by FF.

:lol: FF has a fight on his hands when he comes back and finds his position has been usurped by Doobz
    mud_fight_girls_00.jpg
    .. who said that, internet forum people ?
  • moray_gub
    Doobz wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Doobz wrote:

please dont look at me with that tone of voice.. :roll: :roll:

Seems a bit of a contradiction to say you dont give a f@ck when your post clearly shows that that you very much do give a f@ck.
  • moray_gub
    rockmount wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Rokkala wrote:
    Doobz wrote:

Thank you Doobz for taking up the Contador man-love slack that has been left by FF.

:lol: FF has a fight on his hands when he comes back and finds his position has been usurped by Doobz
    mud_fight_girls_00.jpg

My money is on doobz
  • dave milne
    dave milne Posts: 703
    I wish he hadn't done it because it now adds a bitter taste to a probably contador win. Given that professional opinion seems to be split reasonably equally on either side it certainly wasn't a cut and dried unfair move though.

I clocked shleck shipping his chain in an instant so I don't believe contador didn't see it
  • Abdoujaparov
    Abdoujaparov Posts: 642
    Slightly higher standard of debate on 'chain-gate' on the itv tour podcast:
    http://www.itv.com/sport/tourdefrance/podcast/
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    dave milne wrote:
    I wish he hadn't done it because it now adds a bitter taste to a probably contador win. Given that professional opinion seems to be split reasonably equally on either side it certainly wasn't a cut and dried unfair move though.

I clocked shleck shipping his chain in an instant so I don't believe contador didn't see it

he saw it alright. and now is making himself look stupid saying he didnt.
    the part really amusing me is he says he was committed to the attack already so couldnt slow down. except he wasnt on the attack he was firmly in defence mode, chasing down schleck.
    his face on the podium says it all - very sheepish.
    and has no-one told him the gun thing is really wanky
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    FF has got a fight on her hands now.
    That was a lot of Boos AC had.
    I thought it was a big No No to attack the Yellow Jersey when the rider has a crash or mechanical.
    I'm sure AC will be able to boast down the Pub that he won the 2010 Tour de France by the other guy stuffing his gears up. I'd be really ashamed now if I was him; the whole point of riding this Race is to find the strongest rider not to find the biggets low life!! :evil:
    Why the hell did AC wait for Schleck in the Ardenne to do this.
    What a Tw@t; ruined and de- valued the Tour.

Not only a man who does rubbish adverts but now an immoral "male chicken" (sounds like rock)!

Ruined my day now.

-Jerry

PS- Cheats win whether it's doping or otherwise.
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Doobz wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:
    Doobz wrote:
    Mettan wrote:
    Like everyone else on planet earth Contador would have known that Andy likely had a chain issue within about 2 secs - the body-language from Shleck's legs was obvious - his body-language screamed out ''the chain's come off' - you can tell instantly by his pedalling style - Contador would have seen Andy's legs ''pedalling into nothing'', ie chain issue. I suspect contador knew within about 2-3 seconds - he then decided to launch an attack to capitalise on Andy's misfortune.

You're right. And here's your award:

BIggest+Idiot+on+the+Internet+v3+930px.png
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    The headline from SRAM's 'Road Diaries':

"Astana’s SRAM RED equipped Contador Takes Over Maillot Jaune at Tour de France"

The word 'chain' is noticably missing the race report.

Even the North Koreans would be proud of that spin.

http://www.theroaddiaries.com/?p=3150
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Doobz
    Pokerface wrote:
    Doobz wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:
    Doobz wrote:
    Mettan wrote:

You're right. And here's your award:

BIggest+Idiot+on+the+Internet+v3+930px.png

aww thanks luv! kisses and hugs...
    cartoon.jpg
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    RichN95 wrote:
    The headline from SRAM's 'Road Diaries':

"Astana’s SRAM RED equipped Contador Takes Over Maillot Jaune at Tour de France"

The word 'chain' is noticably missing the race report.

Even the North Koreans would be proud of that spin.

http://www.theroaddiaries.com/?p=3150

That's funny. :)

As for reality though. SRAM doesn't drop chains more than Shimano. My SRAM has never dropped (granted, I've only ridden 3,700+ miles on it), while my previous Shimano Ultegra dropped the chain 4 times (in a 7,000+ mile time period). Chains sometimes drop or break and it's less due to the groupset and more due to the tuning of the mechanics and sometimes just pure bad luck.
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    I guess the players of TDF used to have a gamesmanship not found in other sports, but it seems, and not for the better(imo) that the more mainstream the sport is getting the more like other sports it's getting.
  • donrhummy
    BTW, Lance is oddly silent on this one. Usually tweets after a stage. Today nothing. LOL.
  • Homer J
    ^ He's beside himself with disgust :wink:
  • wiffachip
    wiffachip Posts: 861
    Doobz wrote:
    Cavendish has taken 2 stages also but that doesnt make him deserve to win the tdf now does it?

what if he'd won 3 stages ?
  • Squaggles
    Squaggles Posts: 875
    I think it was a mistake by Contador but it's a split second thing , he didn't have time to analyse everything he could or should do at that point

I was slightly surprised he got such a bad reception on the podium , I expected a few boos but that sounded really bad to me

I hope that incident doesn't have any effect on the final result
    The UCI are Clowns and Fools
  • Homer J
    edited July 2010
    Doobz wrote:

You try and explain that to my mum :?
  • donrhummy
    How to tell Contador is lying:
    "We'd been marking each other and I was starting to think about attacking. I was told after I did attack that there had been an incident, but when I launched the attack I didn't have any idea about what the incident was," Contador said. "When I did find out what had happened we already had a big advantage and it was too late to do anything about it as we were all riding hard."

That's not even remotely what happened. Contador did not launch an attack, Schleck did. And Contador can CLEARLY be seen back in the pack watching Vino ride up to Andy Schleck who's already meters in front of the peloton. COntador is looking right at Andy across that gap. So clearly Contador was NOT launching an attack but answering one. And the "incident" did not happen AFTER Contador's attack but BEFORE.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    Moray Gub wrote:

I should'nt really ask this as i already know the answer but do you just make things up as you go along or what even the more fervent AC fan knows rioghly or wrongly he was taking advantage of the mechanical not some pre planned attack.
    I don't shovel pig swill either.
    I've done most things related to cycle racing and sitting in Race Jury rooms being one of them.
    There you study the evidence put to you and nothing I read here relates to what i saw on the screen.
    I live on this Planet and not the one ole bighead inhabits in your dreamworld.

A guy fucks about one day and you think AC should take notice of his behaviour the next.
    No track stands today and AC will admit he needed a team mate to launch the planed attack today.
    Tell Saxo to buy decent equipment and fit it correctly but don't come here whinging about foul play.
    Time for you to go to Specsavers or get a better TV because you certainly miss things.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • Homer J
    ^ :roll:
  • Fastlad
    Fastlad Posts: 908
    I've watched chain gate (lol) 5 times now and contador DEFINITELY saw there was a mechanical. He's always been a sneaky wee pr!ck. Remember when he rode away from his team leader lance, last year? I hope Andy Schleck's anger goes straight into his legs tomorrow and he breaks the Cont!!!! :twisted: