Shutt VR - Much Recommended!

Comments

• rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    davis wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    On the other hand, my Prendas jersey is a perfect fit but I'm between sizes with Shutt. Simon has promised me a modification based on my Prendas jersey for not much money which I'd say is a standard of service pretty hard to beat anywhere

Oh, that's interesting, are you paying extra for that? I've got 3 Shutt jerseys, and, while they're fantastic, I could do with one just a little smaller than the medium.

I am paying extra but how much, Simon hasn't told me yet. I expect he'll make it up on the day!
    (might depend on how off from ideal fit I am)

Best approach probably just to speak to Pete or Simon. Probably easiest if you can get over to Ilkley though.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Rolf F wrote:
    davis wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    On the other hand, my Prendas jersey is a perfect fit but I'm between sizes with Shutt. Simon has promised me a modification based on my Prendas jersey for not much money which I'd say is a standard of service pretty hard to beat anywhere

Oh, that's interesting, are you paying extra for that? I've got 3 Shutt jerseys, and, while they're fantastic, I could do with one just a little smaller than the medium.

I am paying extra but how much, Simon hasn't told me yet. I expect he'll make it up on the day!
    (might depend on how off from ideal fit I am)

Best approach probably just to speak to Pete or Simon. Probably easiest if you can get over to Ilkley though.

Thanks -- could you report back when you've got it?

Not that my bank account could take any more... but I'd like to know.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • Turbo Man
    Turbo Man Posts: 42
    My bib shorts arrived yesterday. After all the comments I was looking forward to receiving them and I was not disappointed. The white and red stitching makes the shorts a perfect match for my Ironman Finisher's shirt, so on a style front I'm well happy. I was a little concerned about trying them on as I ordered medium and on the jerseys I seem to be somewhere between medium and large, but I needn't have worried, the mediums fitted perfectly, with the shoulder straps providing good support and the leg length spot on, finishing a couple of inches above the knee. Quality seemed OK, there were a few stray threads that need trimming but for the price I have absolutely no complaints. However, the shorts were bought primarily for use on the turbo, and so this evening I gave them their first work out. The session was straight forward, 10 mins each at 32, 34, 36, 38, 36, 34 and 32 kmh; a nice active recovery session at sub 140bpm. Usually on the turbo there is a build up of sweat that can make shorts uncomfortable but these were great, and I had no issues whatsoever. So, for the price, I think these are fabulous. Bargain of the year?
  • navt
    navt Posts: 374
    Mine arrived Saturday after a few false starts. Mango mule bars thrown in as well. Has got to be better than Haribos :lol: .

When I will build up the courage to wear them I do not know :oops: .
  • marcusjb
    marcusjb Posts: 2,412
    Just had a delivery from them - a summer club jersey, tour jersey and some pro bib shorts - all looks great - been waiting a while to place an order and finally had some readies and saw all the praise they were receiving here, so I'll give them a go.

Stiching and general quality is very high.

Really nice looking jerseys and the shorts seem very comfy - the proof is in the pudding though, so I better go out and do some miles tonight!
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    My only frustration is with the length of my new-acquired Shutt jersey. It's a large and I'm 6' and of pretty normal proportions I think - if anything, broader up top than most - and the jersey has loads of width (it even flaps a bit) but barely reaches my (non-bib) Assos shorts. In fact, when I'm stood up, it doesn't :oops:

Anybody else experience this? Do I have a duffer?

I've compared the length to my (much tighter fitting) L Assos jersey and it's noticeably shorter.

I love the merino & the design but the length has rather taken the edge off it. It'll be fine with bib shorts but in warmer weather I prefer non-bibs. I'm thinking an XL will flap even more.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    Oh! I was just in the process of ordering a Tour shirt, but I am not sure that I want something flappy or too short. Maybe I should just pop down there and try some?
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    Dunno about the length, but I'm sure I've noticed a lot of jerseys seem shorter on the rider (just looking at cyclists in le Tour etc.) than they used to. Maybe just because they're designed for bib shorts (which seem more popular these days).

I'm in the market for a new pair of shorts. Since I wear them every day to and from work, I might have a pop at a pair of these ShuttVR Pro Bib ones. Wish they'd give sizes in inches though, not these funny European measurements. :D
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • lastant
    lastant Posts: 526
    My only frustration is with the length of my new-acquired Shutt jersey. It's a large and I'm 6' and of pretty normal proportions I think - if anything, broader up top than most - and the jersey has loads of width (it even flaps a bit) but barely reaches my (non-bib) Assos shorts. In fact, when I'm stood up, it doesn't :oops:

Anybody else experience this? Do I have a duffer?

I did actually have a 'duffer' blue-hooped sportive, it was a complete fluke how it was made but had somehow got the bottom half of one jersey stitched onto the top half of another!

I sent in photos comparing it to my original Sportive LE and, with the new one being three inches shorter (it looked ridiculous on me!), they were happy to exchange it. They did say that the cuts of the jerseys are now a little shorter than they were originally after customer feedback.

Get in touch with them, see what they say. One thing that you definitely can't argue about is the customer service from Shutt - it truly is excellent.
    One Man and LEJOG : End-to-End on Two Wheels in Two Weeks (Buy the book; or Kindle it!)
  • meanredspider
    Good advice - I will get in touch with them - if they don't know, there's nothing that they can do about it. I do like to support top-quality British brands and I can't fault the product for anything other than the cut.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • meanredspider
    Mail(s) sent - mail(s) received - great customer service. I'll get them pics so they can see if the jersey was made to spec.
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Mail(s) sent - mail(s) received - great customer service. I'll get them pics so they can see if the jersey was made to spec.

Agreed, it is great customer service. I bought a different stle of jersey and it didn't fit me nearly as well, so sent it back for an exchange, no questions asked!

And I kept the mule bar. And got another one with the new jersey.

*diabolical laughter*
  • davis
    We don't need an SCR "tag". We'll just be the ones in Shutt gear.
  • Agent57
    Right, have ordered a pair of Pro Bib shorts. Not sure about the sizing; I'm a M heightwise, and XL waistwise. Went for L as the compromise option.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • meanredspider
    As a little sideline business, my brother and I run a t-shirt company. You can almost see the brand in my avatar. The first word is Stunt and, for those of you who know of such things, the brand comes from the guys who steps in for the "money shot" in an adult movie if the actor can't "perform" (fans of Californication will know exactly the name).

We are planning to have a section of our site for t-shirts that don't turn out quite right (to date, dammit, we've had none) called "Sloppy Seconds"

The alternative name for this section was going to be the spoonerism of the brand name.

(I'm being purposefully opaque so as not to offend anyone...)
  • meanredspider
    Just to close out my bit on Shutt VR, just had it confirmed that my jersey is about 4" shorter than it should be (somehow). It's going back to be replaced.

With that one reservation eliminated, I can wholeheartedly recommend the jersey.

(and, if you're 5'0" with long arms and a big chest (or wear your trousers like Simon Cowell) and don't mind a slightly secondhand jersey, Shutt might have just the thing for you.... :wink: )
  • Agent57
    My shorts arrived today. Won't try them out until hometime, but in the mean time I can at least say that the accompanying Mule bar is a step up from Wiggle's Haribo. :D
  • meanredspider
    Replacement jersey here today. Fit perfect, quality perfect, customer service perfect.
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Hey, meanredspider, have you considered that your company name might be preventing a lot of potentially interested parties from searching for or using your site while at work? Which is probably where most people shop online :)
  • meanredspider
    biondino wrote:
    Hey, meanredspider, have you considered that your company name might be preventing a lot of potentially interested parties from searching for or using your site while at work? Which is probably where most people shop online :)

Yes - it's a good point. It's a bit of a publicity problem full-stop. I get a lot of TV-coverage of my car racing but they're never going to show the brand. I'm working on ways to correct this - possibly through my Alfa Romeo related site www.alfa.me.uk. Somehow we need to figure out how to get people to find the site having seen the product without using the product name! We weren't allowed to trademark the product because it was determined that it "might cause public outrage" (FCUK isn't trademarked apparently - not that it now needs to be) yet "PussySnatch" apparently is trademarked...
  • andrewc3142
    andrewc3142 Posts: 906
    Had a look at the site and seems some nice stuff there. Not really in need of anything at the moment (famous last words), but looking for some decent but not too pricey bib shorts for my eldest, who's 10. The junior ones on there seem just the ticket at £29, except they start at 14 years. Oh well.
  • londonbairn
    londonbairn Posts: 316
    ShuttVR are awesome.

Bought some stuff a few weeks ago, all arrived bar the standard shorts. The quality of the gear was excellent.

I realised yesterday I hadnt got my standards yet, so I called them up. Jessica (thank you!) was sorry and said I'll send you a pro pair (2nd pair now :D) instead FOC. Arrived this morning.

I would have been happy to get the standards, but now way more happy.

Will def be seeing more of my money in the future 8)
  • mattbass789
    mattbass789 Posts: 355
    Think it's a good opportunity to introduce myself!

I've been knocking around here a whiile just as a regular cyclist, but Peter, Simon and Alex have been great to me and offered opportunity to help with marketing, and general business. To co-inside with my uni course, studying the subject.

Always good stuff to hear! It genuinely makes me proud to be a part of something like this. As you'll have heard form Peter, we always welcome feedback.

Matt.
    “If you worried about falling off the bike, you’d never get on.”

@mattbeedham
  • davis
    Okey doke, you asked: some feedback

First, I'm biased. I really like Shutt. I've had back-n-forth emails from the company at 11pm on the weekend: that shows there are people who actually care, and that counts.

Now, on to the feedback...

Good:
    Your products are really, really good. I really like that signature strip.
    Your service is utterly fantastic -- this single point gets you more of my money than anything else.
    I'm really looking forward to a certain future product... :)
    The pockets are well-sized.

Bad:
    Your quality control could be better; there are a few times when I or a colleague have received stuff that's not quite good enough -- wonky stitching or a hole, for example. The problems are pretty rare, and have always been sorted, mind.

Your sizing guides are wonky. For one, your men's "Medium neck" measurement is wrong (I know it'll be fixed soon), For another, the sizing points for men and women (the numbers) are the same, but the chart lists differing measurements but against the same image notations. PS do it as proper HTML, not an image.

Think that's it.
    cheers
  • navt
    navt Posts: 374
    Wow! Double wow :lol: !

Like cycling in the buff. Not that I have ever done that but I can imagine this is what it feels like. Super-comfy. No more baggy shorts for me.

Downside: No pockets. Ah well, down the front goes the phone. Don't you all be calling me now :oops: .
  • FeynmanC
    FeynmanC Posts: 649
    navt wrote:
    Downside: No pockets. Ah well, down the front goes the phone. Don't you all be calling me now :oops: .

You'll get funny looks with your bits ringing. Put it on vibrate.

Actually...um...no that is a good idea :wink:
    us0.png
  • mattbass789
    mattbass789 Posts: 355
    davis wrote:
    Okey doke, you asked: some feedback

First, I'm biased. I really like Shutt. I've had back-n-forth emails from the company at 11pm on the weekend: that shows there are people who actually care, and that counts.

Now, on to the feedback...

Good:
    Your products are really, really good. I really like that signature strip.
    Your service is utterly fantastic -- this single point gets you more of my money than anything else.
    I'm really looking forward to a certain future product... :)
    The pockets are well-sized.

Bad:
    Your quality control could be better; there are a few times when I or a colleague have received stuff that's not quite good enough -- wonky stitching or a hole, for example. The problems are pretty rare, and have always been sorted, mind.

Your sizing guides are wonky. For one, your men's "Medium neck" measurement is wrong (I know it'll be fixed soon), For another, the sizing points for men and women (the numbers) are the same, but the chart lists differing measurements but against the same image notations. PS do it as proper HTML, not an image.

Think that's it.
    cheers

We've recently taken on more measures for Quality control, to ensure the high standards we want.

I'll pass on the measurements idea to Pete and Simon, I've been wanting to get a conversion up as well. Even though I've been brought up in metric for clothes I can't get an idea unless its in imperial measurements. So maybe that's something we can tie in together.

Again, it is always much appreciated!

@mattbeedham
  • Agent57
    Yeah, metric sizes; in Britain. We're no in continental Europe now, you know. Let's have good old-fashioned inches, so I don't have to get the calculator out again next time I order something. :D
  • I'm on it!

I mean, go into any clothes shop and it's all in inches, it's just Briatain I guess. All of these points will be put forward next time i speak to Pete.
    Follow me if anyone is on twitter (link below) if you have any other ideas to get into contact directly!

Happy Commuting.

@mattbeedham
  • Yeah, the sizing guides definitely need work for the ladies - measuring points are different etc etc - also (although this may have been fixed) the different cuts of jersey need better explanation - I mistakenly thought the 'continental' was the same shape as the 'sportive', which it wasn't!

Of course, that's where the excellent customer service kicked in and I got 2 mule bars...

:D