TdF Stage 8 *spoiler*

Comments

• inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Armstrong Looking finished to me, I wouldn't be surprised if he abandoned tonight with "crash injuries"....
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 1,961
    iainf72 wrote:
    I wish Harmon would be able to spot Basso. I mean, FFS, it's not that bloody hard.

He trhe one with a drip in his arm :lol:
    Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    edited July 2010
    Monty Dog wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Monty Dog wrote:
    Horner should drop the old man to at least give them any chance of preserving any dignity.

You new to bike racing then ?

Your response is entirely predictable and your man-love must be truly crushed...

ignoring the insult your comment was pretty clueless a bit of an FF moment if you like.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • deal
    deal Posts: 857
    Vino working for Contador confirmed?
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    I see Vuvuzelas too, they've migrated North !!
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    afx237vi wrote:
    Blimey, is than Jurgen Van den Broeck riding up with the Astanas? Calvjones is not crazy after all!

I was gonna go for him but changed it at the last min. Will he be able to hold on the next climb?
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Now now Monty dont ridicule the Gub or he will cry into his Motorola,US Postal,Discovery,Astana,Shack kit........His Luv of the texan messiah is cringeworthy
  • moray_gub
    edited July 2010
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Now now Monty dont ridicule the Gub or he will cry into his Motorola,US Postal,Discovery,Astana,Shack kit........His Luv of the texan messiah is cringeworthy

You stick to fashion mate or pretend how hard you are .......... :roll: .
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Moomaloid wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    Blimey, is than Jurgen Van den Broeck riding up with the Astanas? Calvjones is not crazy after all!

I was gonna go for him but changed it at the last min. Will he be able to hold on the next climb?

For the stage? Calv has him for the GC! He's going to be beating a few people, anyway.
  • Moomaloid
    That footon kid is riding out of his skin...
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,473
    Moomaloid wrote:

No, that's the kit. :wink:
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Did Lance do this at Alpe d'Huez 2001?
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,813
    andy talking to klodi on the climb.... looking for a deal

3 saxo riders with lance?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,813
    DaveyL wrote:

he didn't lose a minute off the back just rode at he back of the group pulling faces
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Everybody who is anybody is still in the contender group.
    The Shack and Armstrong will now have to support Leipheimer.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • afx237vi
    Moomaloid wrote:

+1

Watched the ITV4 highlights yesterday and Liggett and Sherwen had no idea who he is. Shoddy stuff not following the Tour de San Luis!
  • Gazzetta67
    :D Like you said to monty - Your answer is very predictable
  • Moomaloid
    afx237vi wrote:
    Moomaloid wrote:

+1

Watched the ITV4 highlights yesterday and Liggett and Sherwen had no idea who he is. Shoddy stuff not following the Tour de San Luis!

Phil and Paul not up to speed??!!! Surely not!! :lol:
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    edited July 2010
    DaveyL wrote:

he didn't lose a minute off the back just rode at he back of the group pulling faces

Yeah it's a bit too much for a bluff. I'm thinking back to 2003 and how he really doesn't go well in the heat.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Gazzetta67 wrote:

At least he'll find a use for the box of Kleenex he keeps by his side when watching a certain rider..
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • moray_gub
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    :D Like you said to monty - Your answer is very predictable

Never mind the race focus on the socks eh :roll:
  • afx237vi
    Moomaloid wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    Moomaloid wrote:

+1

Phil and Paul not up to speed??!!! Surely not!! :lol:

I know. Who doesn't follow pre-season Argentinian stage-races? That's the best part of the season!
  • moray_gub
    Monty Dog wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Gazzetta67 wrote:

At least he'll find a use for the box of Kleenex he keeps by his side when watching a certain rider..

Mmm LA being in difficulty certainly brings out the worst in some people
  • afx237vi
    BTW, I always find it a bit annoying that the Tour de France happens during the school holidays...
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Vino has a tiny gap, the old Vino would have attacked for his own benefit now!
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Gazzetta67
    And Monty you thought that sticky stuff he used to put up his i love Lance posters was Bluetack as well :D
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    Vino off the front, here Bertie, here's your bidon, I'm off !!!
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Can somebody watching ITV tell me how Phil n' Paul are calling the Armstrong dropping?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Ho hum :wink:

Don't know about you but it's exciting stuff.
  • moray_gub
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    And Monty you thought that sticky stuff he used to put up his i love Lance posters was Bluetack as well :D

Lame......... anyway enough of this weedgie nonsense back to the racing.........