• calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850

"The front group clearly wasn't interested in letting Lance get back on"

No sh1t Sherlock.

Strava is not Zen.
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    b1918c634794f173779b50b1edada25b-getty-cycling-fra-tdf-2010-armstrong.jpg

I'm more concerned why the Eskatel rider doesn't appear to have a head!
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    DaveyL wrote:
    I quite liked Horner til I saw this interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ituh5z6P6TU

Yes. Comes across as a tosseur, par excellence.
    Not at all a totally biased opinion. :roll:
    He doesn't explain how Kloden was going to get rid of Andy S.
    I wonder why?
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Bernardus
    Bernardus Posts: 136
    johnfinch wrote:
    Too excitable to be Swiss or Belgian. :wink:
    You have clearly never stood by the side of the road at the Tour of Flanders. :wink:

You clearly don't understand Belgium.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,223
    The peloton sat up for LA to get back the first time and no-one rode hard the second time. Sky only went to the front once he'd not only regained the peloton but had moved up to the front. OK, they probably knew he'd be suffering but that's just tough they can't just hang around waiting for a rider to recover before the racing starts.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    Pross wrote:
    The peloton sat up for LA to get back the first time and no-one rode hard the second time. Sky only went to the front once he'd not only regained the peloton but had moved up to the front. OK, they probably knew he'd be suffering but that's just tough they can't just hang around waiting for a rider to recover before the racing starts.

Tell that to Spartacus lol, he'll have a word with Pescheux
  • Pross
    But he seems to agree with me after time for reflection as he seemed happy to race the next day when riders crashed (none were Saxo riders though oddly :wink: ).
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Procycling is all about kicking your competitors when they're down.

See them suffering? Attack.

That's the whole point.

Avoiding crashes is part of cycling anyway.
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    greeny12 wrote:
    Crikey, Horner's been around Lance too long - talk about "I'm not paranoid, they really are out to get us"

....as if everything the peloton did was to have a go at Armstrong! They have their own races to ride too, you know guys, and the world no longer revolves around Big Tex despite what the media think.

Show me an actual quote where he says that first of all, and secondly, Contador himself said, Astana went to the front to push hard when they heard Lance was in trouble.
  • donrhummy
    DaveyL wrote:

Can you blame the guy? Contador WAS the one who decided not to take Horner.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    donrhummy wrote:
    DaveyL wrote:

Can you blame the guy? Contador WAS the one who decided not to take Horner.

With that reasoning, you could also blame Armstrong for Horner missing out because he wanted to take Popovych. After all, LA and Horner haven't always been the best of buddies:

http://velonews.competitor.com/2007/11/ ... rner_13695
  • Pross
    donrhummy wrote:
    greeny12 wrote:
    Crikey, Horner's been around Lance too long - talk about "I'm not paranoid, they really are out to get us"

....as if everything the peloton did was to have a go at Armstrong! They have their own races to ride too, you know guys, and the world no longer revolves around Big Tex despite what the media think.

Show me an actual quote where he says that first of all, and secondly, Contador himself said, Astana went to the front to push hard when they heard Lance was in trouble.

His comment suggests that they lifted the pace when he was down. That is very different to pushing hard once he had been dropped. No-one lifted the pace after either of the first two crashes until he was safely back in the bunch. They're perfectly within their rights to make it hard for him once he was back on even if you abide by the 'unwritten rules'.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Pross wrote:
    donrhummy wrote:
    greeny12 wrote:

His comment suggests that they lifted the pace when he was down. That is very different to pushing hard once he had been dropped. No-one lifted the pace after either of the first two crashes until he was safely back in the bunch. They're perfectly within their rights to make it hard for him once he was back on even if you abide by the 'unwritten rules'.

+1
  • donrhummy
    Pross wrote:
    donrhummy wrote:
    greeny12 wrote:

OK, I'll go with that. :)
  • greeny12
    greeny12 Posts: 759
    donrhummy wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    donrhummy wrote:
    greeny12 wrote:

OK, I'll go with that. :)

Thanks to my legal team for a swift resolution...

:wink:
    My cycle racing blog: http://cyclingapprentice.wordpress.com/

If you live in or near Sussex, check this out:
    http://ontherivet.ning.com/