Tour of France Stage 4 *spoiler*

124»

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Neil McC
    Neil McC Posts: 625
    Cavendish vented his frustration by hurling his bike to the ground at the team bus and later was at a loss to explain why his challenge had faded.

"I felt really good during the stage," said Cavendish. "I feel sorry for my team-mates who rode unbelievably and I just didn't finish it off at the end."

"We're really motivated as a team and I'm going to go out there on Thursday and give it hundred percent again. Congratulations to Alessandro Petacchi for another great stage win."

And Cavendish's lead-out man Mark Renshaw of Australia had words of comfort for the Manxman.

"It has not gone to plan yet, but I am sure Mark will win a stage. We don't have it as easy as we did last year, but we will win a stage."

HTC-Columbia consultant Erik Zabel, a six-time winner of the Tour's points classification's green jersey, added: "The team did a perfect job today.

"The only thing we missed today was Cav's sprint legs from last year."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_s ... 798325.stm

lol at 'hurling his bike to the ground' he really just got off it and let it drop to the floor.
  • rockmount
    rockmount Posts: 761
    iainf72 wrote:
    Did he hold up a series of photographs ??
    .. who said that, internet forum people ?
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    afx237vi wrote:
    Did Gesink have another crash/mechanical again in the finalé today? 179th today, behind the stragglers, but awarded the same time as the sprinters.
    According to his team's website he had a puncture in the last km.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    iainf72 wrote:

I'm waiting for the Morzine stage. If there's not a Peter Tatchell style citizen's arrest at the very least, then I'll be disappointed.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • iainf72

Radio Euskadi says Txurruka breaks collarbone.

Confirmed. Won't be starting tomorrow.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,473
    Getty
    x610.jpg

What's Vaughters doing with Michele Ferrari's glasses? :shock:
  • iainf72
    andyp wrote:

Borrowed them off Tom Danielson :lol:
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,473
    Oof. :lol:
  • stanislav
    stanislav Posts: 1,151
    andyp wrote:
    Getty
    x610.jpg

Has he turned into Elvis costello? :D
    PTP winner 2015.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    stanislav wrote:

I'm thinking Elton John
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    stanislav wrote:
    andyp wrote:
    Getty
    x610.jpg

His GF is a bit outta his league too (only able to find her twitter pic though, it's small):
    me4_bigger.jpg
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    I struggle to understand the fuss about Cav flinging his helmet and dropping his bike.

Consider a genteel sport like cricket and it's pretty common for batsmen to take out half the dressing room after geting out earlier than expected. Even some of the lauded greats have put bats through windows. And let's not get into tennis, football, rugby etc
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    According to BBC World News Mark Cavendish was unable to capitilise after he "received a perfect lead out from his colleague Eric Zaybel" [sic]

Oh well, at least the BBC can find time for cycling in the news from time to time.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,223
    team sky power point meetings.....

Was that their genuine meeting or just something they put on to make ITV4 feel special? If genuine can I have a job as a DS please as even I could have said stuff like "keep Brad and G safe near the front and in the final few k's give Eddy a bit of help to be in place for the sprint". I doubt many pro riders need a stage briefing especially with them all being miked up. I'd have thought all the key decisions are just made on the road these days.
  • patchy
    patchy Posts: 779
    iainf72 wrote:
    Monfont sez Cavendish couldn't get into his 11.

Good work Captain Maturity

http://www.sporza.be/cm/sporza/wielrenn ... _reacties#

aww... yeah, it's not very mature, but i feel a bit sorry for him. II'm guessing by his body language he doesn't know whether to hit something or burst out crying. The last thing you need is to be hounded by press and cameras at that point.

hopefully he's been able to clear some of the negativity out of his system, get a bit of perspective and will be back on it soon enough.
    point your handlebars towards the heavens and sweat like you're in hell
  • will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    I struggle to understand the fuss about Cav flinging his helmet and dropping his bike.

Consider a genteel sport like cricket and it's pretty common for batsmen to take out half the dressing room after geting out earlier than expected. Even some of the lauded greats have put bats through windows. And let's not get into tennis, football, rugby etc

What would you rather have, that or the "does my face look bovverd" routine from the England footy team?
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    I see LA forgot to sign on at Cambrai before this stage and was fined 100 Swiss Francs.
    Last year when he did this, TdF race director, Pescheux, was very annoyed and wanted UCI to increase the standard fine, especially for regular 'offenders'.

Perhaps the old fellah's memory is going.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Cav throwing his bike on the ground and then his helmet......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro2nDhJ6Wp8
    Contador is the Greatest