Tour of France Stage 4 *spoiler*

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I wouldn't like to be in the HTC bus right now. I bet Cav is chucking teddies all over the place and there are dummies stuck to all the windows.

He seems to be maturing and more philosophical this year. Although I am well prepared to be proved wrong!
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    Paying for those couple of Californian dreamin' days, instead of riding the 3 weeks of that other, sh!t small race. :roll:

"While the green jersey at the Tour de France is far on the horizon, the Tour of California is only six weeks away. It’s a race that Cavendish will do instead of racing his preferred Giro d’Italia.

Asked why he made the choice to race in the US, he said: "I didn’t make the choice. I love Italy, I love the Giro, it’s one of my favourite races, but, you know, I’m paid to do this now so I have to do it."
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    The overhead gave a great shot af the top 3 as they just flew past Cav, must have been some speed. Cav just gave up when they past by.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Paying for those couple of Californian dreamin' days, instead of riding the 3 weeks of that other, sh!t small race. :roll:

To be fair it doesn't sound like that was Cav's decision.

If he sticks it out he may be able to ride himself into form for the stage into Bordeaux and Paris. I think a lot of people are enjoying seeing him struggle this year but I think he'll be back. The last two years have not been a fluke, he'll be back.

No, I'm quite sure it was a commercial decision, same as the Shack.
    However, I wonder if Bob Stapleton thinks his stage win in Cali was worth
    the cost of his Tour performance, thus far?
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Team Sky are being impressive. After much of the year jeering at them; I'd like to at least hold my hands up and say they're doing a good job where it counts - which to be fair is what they said was the plan all along.

Does anyone know if they're using a different DS perhaps? Just very impressed by their performance so far.

Sorry to hear about Mark Cavendish, hope he gets better for next year.
    The British Empire never died, it just moved to the Velodrome
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    edited September 2015
    del
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    edited September 2015
    del
    Contador is the Greatest
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    FF, like the picks u put up at times but so couldn't give a monkeys at the glorification of them at times..JV..so what :?
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    NapoleonD wrote:
    I wouldn't like to be in the HTC bus right now. I bet Cav is chucking teddies all over the place and there are dummies stuck to all the windows.

He seems to be maturing and more philosophical this year. Although I am well prepared to be proved wrong!

http://twitter.com/mrendell/status/17960561526
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    NapoleonD wrote:

From Matt Rendell on Twitter

"Frustration externalised when Cav's helmet came flying out the middle door of the HTC bus, seconds after he went in the front door."
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,813
    afx237vi wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:

yeah that sort of post race frustration is ok...

toss the bike etc... he is angry with himself I guess which can be a good thing as long as other team members are put on the spot...

team morale would really collapse if that sort of crap went on..
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    afx237vi wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:

Simple human anger at a poor perfomance a nothing shot.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • blazing_saddles
    Well, I'd guess it's a reaction to the internalised, mounting pressure to succeed.
    After today, I think he knows he's not match fit and doesn't know when, or if, the form will arrive.
    He looks fit, but............................
    Plus, he's got no fallback position, given his less than stellar season.
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    Can we get over Chav not winning for 2 seconds? Thor didn't win, Freire didn't win. Let's talk about Oscar or maybe a Garmin rider who didn't win. Or Milram.

This is supposed to be an international forum but instead is a pommie navel gazing self masturbatory hate-em/love-em forum.

Getting on my tits.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • frenchfighter
    Contador is the Greatest
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Who caught the rattle? Prize for whoever caught the rattle!
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    This is supposed to be an international forum but instead is a pommie navel gazing self masturbatory hate-em/love-em forum.

international forum? Nah, Bikeradar is the successor to a number of forums that belonged to UK magazines, most of us don't want the international agenda Future want to push.

I reckon a massive majority of members consider this a British Forum. So British issues will be more important to us.

Now wind your neck in.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820

Getting on my tits.

Not on mine, and I'm not British. From an international perspective, after last year, Cavendish failing so obviously on pure lack of speed is a big story. Freire or Ciolek not winning not so much.
  • blazing_saddles
    Can we get over Chav not winning for 2 seconds? Thor didn't win, Freire didn't win. Let's talk about Oscar or maybe a Garmin rider who didn't win. Or Milram.

Getting on my tits.

OK, maybe this is more to your masturbatory taste:
    Radio Euskadi says Txurruka breaks collarbone.
  • rockmount
    rockmount Posts: 761

international forum? Nah, Bikeradar is the successor to a number of forums that belonged to UK magazines, most of us don't want the international agenda Future want to push.

I reckon a massive majority of members consider this a British Forum. So British issues will be more important to us.

Now wind your neck in.

+1 HEAR HEAR ... well said !!
    .. who said that, internet forum people ?
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,813
    team sky power point meetings.....
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241

Wiggins looked like he was sleeping through it.

And note to Rod Ellingworth: His first name is Juan or Juan Antonio, he probably prefers to be called that rather than Fletcher.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Renshaw says with their line up as it is, they need to rely on other teams a bit.

But Cavendish just didn't have it today. However, he's had 2 stellar seasons and a lot of sprinter perform very well, then fade a bit. Still get results but just not as frequently. Perhaps because of his nonsense and the lack of love people aren't letting him through or making room.

Could've just been an off day.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Monfont sez Cavendish couldn't get into his 11.

Good work Captain Maturity

http://www.sporza.be/cm/sporza/wielrenn ... _reacties#
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    what a childish knacker.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    iainf72 wrote:

Montfort says he 'had problems with his saddle and his chain. Those weren't right during the sprint'..... Any known mechanical problems that affect both saddle and chain? :roll:
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    at least he cares that he didn't perform...

personally i am glad he isn't a sterile dullard who smiles sweetly at all times, he gets really upset at not winning and cant hide his frustration.

its not as if he heatbutted a camera for goodness sake
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    FJS wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

Montfort says he 'had problems with his saddle and his chain. Those weren't right during the sprint'..... Any known mechanical problems that affect both saddle and chain? :roll:

broken chaddle? looked to me that lack of 11 tooth wasnt the biggest problem
  • yourpaceormine
    yourpaceormine Posts: 1,245
    RichN95 wrote:

Wiggins looked like he was sleeping through it.

And note to Rod Ellingworth: His first name is Juan or Juan Antonio, he probably prefers to be called that rather than Fletcher.

Apparently only his mum and sister call him Juan or Juan Antonio. Read that in an interview somewhere sometime ago - may be his bio piece on Team Skl website.?