Tour of France Stage 4 *spoiler*

Comments

• donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    WOW, I've NEVER seen Cav give up like that.
  • liamg
    liamg Posts: 193
    Wow...Cav really doesn't have it this year
  • samiam
    samiam Posts: 227
    Ouch Cav..
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    donrhummy wrote:
    WOW, I've NEVER seen Cav give up like that.

Not got the form simple as that.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Cavendish is formless...................again. Absolutely no legs from the overhead.
    Petacchi top of the fast class.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    edited July 2010
    afx237vi wrote:
    Don't ever ask for medical advice from IFPs. You're probably going to die.

I was kidding. Didn't you see the "LOL"?
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    :shock:

EBH a good PTP pick today then

Strava is not Zen.
  • Joc
    Joc Posts: 132
    Thats Cav saying goodbye to the Green Jersey. Not even an attempt for placing.
  • stjohnswell
    stjohnswell Posts: 482
    Cav consigned to the PTP bin
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    edited July 2010
    calvjones wrote:

Not as good as Petacchi 8)

I'm wondering if Cav had a mechanical - he kept looking down at his groupset. More likely he doesn't have it though.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • too many pies not enough miles.......
    His lead out train did well to keep him up there though
    poor old fat cav, what are the odds he quits before Paris
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,813
    not his year

needs to get back to basics and regroup for the end of season/next year

I hope he can pull one out of the bag but looking at that he just doesn't have enough miles in his legs
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    donrhummy wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    Don't ever ask for medical advice from IFPs. You're probably going to die.

I was kidding. Didn't you see the "LOL"?

So was I. I don't need no stinkin' LOLs.
  • seven7faces
    seven7faces Posts: 360
    not his year

I hope he can pull one out of the bag but looking at that he just doesn't have enough miles in his legs

would sky help him get back to basics next year?
  • mididoctors
    RichN95 wrote:
    calvjones wrote:

Not as good as Petacchi 8)

I'm wondering if Cav had a mechanical - he kept looking down at his groupset. More likely he doesn't have it though.

think he was looking at his legs

i think I choose ale jet first so bragging rights are mine I think...
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    I think P+P Industries had a word with the karma gods, my Eurosport Player froze and started buffering at 500m from the line then re-started as the back of the peloton crossed :evil:
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    Good leadout for Cav, he just didn't have it. He'll win at least one this tour, mark my words.
    Good on McEwen, would LOVE to see him get just one more. Go on Robbie!
    Freire was tired from yesteday - as was Thor, Thor really went ruckwarts (backwards) on the overhead - poor guy still tuckered out from y'day's effort. Rightly so.

Good on the peloton for the 42 km/h average, shows they needed the rest. Good on the organizers for the short leg, that at least shows a bit of understanding to the riders...
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Wonder what Greipel is thinking right now....
  • mididoctors
    not his year

would sky help him get back to basics next year?

:lol:
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Paying for those couple of Californian dreamin' days, instead of riding the 3 weeks of that other, sh!t small race. :roll:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    not his year

+1
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    His performance this year may well raise questions this year with some people. Not me, but some.

Come on Ale
    Contador is the Greatest
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Paying for those couple of Californian dreamin' days, instead of riding the 3 weeks of that other, sh!t small race. :roll:

To be fair it doesn't sound like that was Cav's decision.

If he sticks it out he may be able to ride himself into form for the stage into Bordeaux and Paris. I think a lot of people are enjoying seeing him struggle this year but I think he'll be back. The last two years have not been a fluke, he'll be back.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    He's building for the Worlds...

:wink:
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    FJS wrote:
    Wonder what Greipel is thinking right now....

"He's as bad as I was at the Giro" ?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Brilliant Pettachi - the strongest rider in the tour this year. Where was cavendish? Who gives a $hit, as long as he doesn't win, I'm happy. Brilliant win!
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232

If he sticks it out he may be able to ride himself into form for the stage into Bordeaux and Paris. I think a lot of people are enjoying seeing him struggle this year but I think he'll be back. The last two years have not been a fluke, he'll be back.

agreed. maybe he needs a bout of asthma.... :roll:
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Did Gesink have another crash/mechanical again in the finalé today? 179th today, behind the stragglers, but awarded the same time as the sprinters.
  • mididoctors

A measure of his character will be how he deals with what will be seen as a failure...

the true measure of the man...stop being a boy Cav and grow up would be my advice

I hope he doesn't implode and gets his head together.. I like him despite the fact he acts like mouthie little gobsh!tte half of the time...
  • The Mechanic
    The Mechanic Posts: 1,277
    I wouldn't like to be in the HTC bus right now. I bet Cav is chucking teddies all over the place and there are dummies stuck to all the windows.
    I have only two things to say to that; Bo***cks