Tour of France Stage 4 *spoiler*

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited July 2010 in Pro race
9 roundabouts in the last 6km.

Go Thor!
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    When the road is straight cav turns, when the road turns Cav goes straight....a roundabout is really going to mess with his head!

Only kidding. I think Cav will win today, he just needs a bit of luck and some confidence and he'll be back in there contesting and winning sprints. Thor is doing great though and barring bad luck should win the green jersey and hopefully get another stage win along the way somewhere.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,559
    When the road is straight cav turns, when the road turns Cav goes straight....a roundabout is really going to mess with his head!

Only kidding. I think Cav will win today, he just needs a bit of luck and some confidence and he'll be back in there contesting and winning sprints. Thor is doing great though and barring bad luck should win the green jersey and hopefully get another stage win along the way somewhere.

Over the top is shorter anyway....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,813
    was looking forward to seeing the start but the break just rolled off the front...
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    Watching today's stage with Arabic commentary.

It's marginally less irritating than the itv4 sherwen/ligget Lance lovefest :?
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Says on CN's commentry that Radioshack are at the front of the bunch. Did the Hog forget to update them on the tactics when Lance didn't grab yellow yesterday?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    was looking forward to seeing the start but the break just rolled off the front...

Yes it was rather annoying, no fighting to get in the break, these guys were just let go.
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Wow! What a stage to pick to show whole. :oops:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • kinesin
    kinesin Posts: 100

Ipod touch eurosport app here..
    Quality is great at the moment as I've squeezed a new wifi point into work just for myself :wink:
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    iainf72 wrote:
    Says on CN's commentry that Radioshack are at the front of the bunch. Did the Hog forget to update them on the tactics when Lance didn't grab yellow yesterday?

Remember last year when Ben Stiller came to the TDF thinking he would be putting the yellow on Armstrongs shoulders? I thought Stiller was going to cry

pg2_a_stillertdf_600.jpg
    cartoon.jpg
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    JV said on Eurosport that Farrar won't sprint today... unless he gets excited in the final 5 km.
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    afx237vi wrote:
    JV said on Eurosport that Farrar won't sprint today... unless he gets excited in the final 5 km.
    Presumably the only reason he's sticking it out with a broken wrist is because VDV's out and him getting a stage win is about the only thing Garmin have left to hold onto in this Tour.
  • afx237vi
    Graeme_S wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    Presumably the only reason he's sticking it out with a broken wrist is because VDV's out and him getting a stage win is about the only thing Garmin have left to hold onto in this Tour.

Well they still have Hunter for the sprints. A long shot, I know, but he's done it before.

If Farrar is hurting bad enough for JV to tell him not to sprint, makes me wonder why he is still there. Sprint stages don't exactly come thick and fast after this weekend.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Once he's lost 30 minutes in the Alps they can start sending David Millar on a few crazy solo excapades and see if any of them stick, or he could save his energy and try and win the final time trial.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601

Careful, I sense a bit of jealousy showing through there. :roll: :roll:
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    "People have asked us what is a feeding station? Well it's a feeding station really"

Cheers Phil, I'm sure that's cleared the issue up for those who were unsure.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    I lasted 24 minutes, but then when the second ad break came on I've now put Eurosport Player on
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Graeme_S wrote:
    "People have asked us what is a feeding station? Well it's a feeding station really"

Cheers Phil, I'm sure that's cleared the issue up for those who were unsure.

To fair though i would imagine only ameobas are unsure what a feeding station is.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    edited July 2010
    Loads of photos of Chavanel's bike in the making:

http://picasaweb.google.be/113435145180 ... nChavanel#

And because things are slow and no need to start a new thread, interesting here to see integrated brakes on the new Storck:
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_L_H085OGPrg/T ... brakes.jpg
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_L_H085OGPrg/T ... io+0.6.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    In other news, Keisse gets 2 years.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • afx237vi
    Kloden is my new favourite Twitterist.

andykloedi

some of you can talk only because they never drove a race in such conditions. and because they look only to see falls. Bravo !!!!!!

andykloedi

It is embarrassing as hiding behind some big here and knock her twitter spells. although she never drove a race.

So there.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    afx237vi wrote:

andykloedi

some of you can talk only because they never drove a race in such conditions. and because they look only to see falls. Bravo !!!!!!

andykloedi

It is embarrassing as hiding behind some big here and knock her twitter spells. although she never drove a race.

So there.

It isn't really fair to knock him too much for this as it's not his first language. I like Klodi's updates and admire him as a cyclist
  • afx237vi
    His English is better than my German, I'll give him that.
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    anyone fancy some bassets Liquorice allsorts? lol
    cartoon.jpg
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    afx237vi wrote:

andykloedi

andykloedi

So there.

who is he referring to?
  • blazing_saddles
    3 days of this, without a decent climb in sight.................
    Klodi's tweets have a definite advantage.
  • afx237vi
    donrhummy wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

andykloedi

andykloedi

So there.

who is he referring to?

Internet Forum People™ (or the Twitter equivalent thereof).
  • blazing_saddles
    Time for the GC nerves to start.
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    afx237vi wrote:
    donrhummy wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    So there.

who is he referring to?

Internet Forum People™ (or the Twitter equivalent thereof).

But that makes no sense...they're the most knowledgeable people in the world. Aren't they the ones we get medical advice from? And they have tons of financial knowledge as well! :D LOL.
  • afx237vi
    Don't ever ask for medical advice from IFPs. You're probably going to die.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    afx237vi wrote:
    Don't ever ask for medical advice from IFPs. You're probably going to die.

biking bernie seems an expert.. :wink: