What makes hardtails so much fun?!

1234568»

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    jay12 wrote:
    sheepsteeth: and your problem with poor people is?

anyway atm i have a hardtail. a hardcore hardtail(with soon adjustable travel) is the way to go IMO and espcially for what i ride. a FS would be pointless for me right now. but also the way to go is have a bike like i have + a freeride or dh FS bike. i shall be getting one in just over a year so that would be perfect
    See, Sheeps isn't wrong. :lol:
  • mrfmilo
    mrfmilo Posts: 2,250
    I don't know what Sheeps problem is with people with HT's, seems like they're below his standards...

It's personal choice (as this thread has shown). Most start out with HTs as beginners to learn, and then move onto FS for comfort/ or for when they're getting faster. But that's a sweeping statement as everyone wants something else, and has a different opinion.

Anyway, who cares what people ride? (Apart from sheepsteeth)
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    another exmple of someone who has a ht, you love it because it is what you have but you want a fs bike, if you could afford one now, would you buy one?
    thing is i want a hardtail for 4x, xc, am. but i fs for fr and dh as the hardtail i have will not handle roadgaps, big jumps and dh courses very well. thats why i always think that full sussers are better but for dh and fr only. i rode my mates spesh pitch and tbh there is pretty much no difference
  • -liam-
    -liam- Posts: 1,831
    Sheepsteeth is a webbo troll turd and you lot are feeding him. :D
    I've got funds for a new bike but i'll keep my hardtail and buy a road bike. ;)
    Not one of the trail centres i go to and certainly not my local trails merit a full sus so i won't get one and i have ridden both recently.
  • Anonymous
    jay12 wrote:
    another exmple of someone who has a ht, you love it because it is what you have but you want a fs bike, if you could afford one now, would you buy one?
    thing is i want a hardtail for 4x, xc, am. but i fs for fr and dh as the hardtail i have will not handle roadgaps, big jumps and dh courses very well. thats why i always think that full sussers are better but for dh and fr only. i rode my mates spesh pitch and tbh there is pretty much no difference
    I take it you've never seen Crankworks then, where the majority of the slopestyle riders are on hardtails.
    You want a FS because it's the right way to make an off road vehicle, not because of some made up excuses.
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    -Liam- wrote:

nah...he works with explosives...

explosions can be defined as a rapid increase in volume and release of energy in an extreme manner, usually with the generation of high temperatures and the release of gases.

Here...the extreme manner is illustrated, and if you look closely, you can see the gases (in this case hot air) being released all over the forum.... :D

as for yeehaa...well...he works/worked in a recording studio...you know what they say about that sort! :D
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • Anonymous
    Yeah, there's a reason I spend most of my time in a padded, soundproof room. :( :oops:
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    :D
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • warrior888888.jpg
  • Anonymous
    -Liam- wrote:

this
    You want a FS because it's the right way to make an off road vehicle, not because of some made up excuses.

+ this

also, i have nothing against ht bikes, i have always owned one. but the people who claim they are the best are often the people who would love a fs bike but cant afford one.
  • pte1643
    pte1643 Posts: 518
    warrior888888.jpg

Sweet Jesus... :shock: He looks like he's EATEN the internet.
  • wobbem
    wobbem Posts: 283
    Then there are of coarse us lot, the 29er riders, a far supierour bunch who regardless of HT or FS views are simply better riders full stop. :D
    One day you skate boarders will wake up and see the light :roll:
    Don't think, BE:
  • pte1643
    wobbem wrote:
    Then there are of coarse us lot, the 29er riders, a far supierour bunch who regardless of HT or FS views are simply better riders full stop. :D
    One day you skate boarders will wake up and see the light :roll:

Obviously the altitude difference on your 29er has affected your brain.

Better riders? Well maybe.

Better spellers? Erm... NO.

:lol::lol::lol:
  • wobbem
    pte1643

Pedentic ba*tard :lol:
    Don't think, BE:
  • bike-a-swan
    bike-a-swan Posts: 1,235
    wobbem wrote:
    pte1643

Pedantic.
    :oops: I'll go now...
    Rock Lobster 853, Trek 1200 and a very old, tired and loved Apollo Javelin.
  • pte1643
    wobbem wrote:
    pte1643

:lol: Happy to oblige. :lol:
  • wobbem
    pte1643 bike-a-swan

Are a couple of vultures lurking in the darkness :lol:
    Don't think, BE:
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    also, i have nothing against ht bikes, i have always owned one. but the people who claim they are the best are often the people who would love a fs bike but cant afford one.

Are you feeling quite all right? This sort of abrupt personality change can be a sign of brain injury you know ;) Replace "often" with "sometimes" and I think you'll have made it all the way from trolldom to rightitude.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Anonymous
    in that case, ht owners always claim they love ht bikes because they cant afford fs bikes.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Missed you!
    Uncompromising extremist