south wales Rides?

Comments

• Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Its not taken out, there is an alternative line, you can still ride the orgianl line :)
  • Welsh_Tom
    Welsh_Tom Posts: 571
    Just so you guys know, just come from ps cyclics, the rear derailleur is faulty at manufacture.

I do have the best of luck with bikes. :lol:
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    Its not taken out, there is an alternative line, you can still ride the orgianl line :)

You mean Walk the original line ;)

gutted tom :evil:
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • cwmboyo
    cwmboyo Posts: 114
    bit of riding from the weekend

[/url]www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4xeHn7iynY&feature=feeduhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4xeHn7iynY&feature=feedu[url][/url]
    why walk when u can ride!!

Cube Fritzz 2010
    Norco DH 2008
    Santa Cruz Nomad Mk 2
    Trek SL 1200
    Cube Peleton
  • Sambini
    Sambini Posts: 66
    Hi Tom

Dont think we've ridden together yet but we will soon as we ride with the same chaps.
    Re avid juicy 3.
    The brakes can be problematic but TLC is required.

Check for pad contamination. If discoloured clean with pad cleaner. Muck off is best. Don't buy into all the bike cleaner stuff but the brake cleaner defo works. Give the pads a squirt then a light rub on some clean sand paper. Then another squirt and a rub with clean kitchen paper etc. Cleanliness is number one!!!

Once back in callipers centre the callipers. then before going to all the effort of bleeding. Pull the brakes on and rap cable tie or tape around levers to keep them on hard. Then leave for ASAP 24 hours min. This should drive any air bubbles to reservoir and out.

This has worked for me in the past on several occasions over 3 years.
    But cleanliness is king for these brakes.

Hope this helps
  • Welsh_Tom
    cwmboyo wrote:

[/url]www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4xeHn7iynY&feature=feeduhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4xeHn7iynY&feature=feedu[url][/url]

i love the full moon run, that was the place my m8 took me for my first ever ride and i was in love.
  • Mojo_666
    Mojo_666 Posts: 860
    cwmboyo wrote:

New frame Chris? warranty or?
  • cwmboyo
    warrenty bud sent me a new chainstay, have u bn out much?

Cube Fritzz 2010
    Norco DH 2008
    Santa Cruz Nomad Mk 2
    Trek SL 1200
    Cube Peleton
  • Pr][nCe
    Anyone out tomorrow evening 6ish?
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    me and sladey are gonna get out on thurs or fri evening if that's any good to you daz? can't make before that though..sorry :D
  • Welsh_Tom
    "Pr wrote:
    [nCe"]Anyone out tomorrow evening 6ish?

if i can fix the hell cats front deral i will come play dar
  • welshkev
    Welsh_Tom wrote:
    "Pr wrote:
    [nCe"]Anyone out tomorrow evening 6ish?

if i can fix the hell cats front deral i will come play dar

what you doing about the canyon? :?
  • Pr][nCe
    hope you get it sorted Tom let me know. kev will try and get out thursday also, weather looks to be good, where to Sunday peeps? :)
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Welsh_Tom
    "Pr wrote:
    [nCe"]hope you get it sorted Tom let me know. kev will try and get out thursday also, weather looks to be good, where to Sunday peeps? :)

if i dont go out and get peed i say we go away again sunday, but where can we go?

kel's lot are thinking about riding thursday dar, so maybe casle coch again or somewhere else.

phoned canyon and he said it was odd for it to brake but if i e-mail them a pic of it and say whats wrong he could of get a answer from canyon hq by the end of the day. i sent e-mail at 1pm

phoned again at 3pm he said again he would get me anwser before 5.

i got no awnser.

he did say we fix thing faster then most lbs would and it will be done within 24 hours.

but after spending a lot of money and waiting 8 weeks for a bike to brake after 1 go is not really very good.

but we will see what they say tomorrow

first tho to fix the hellcat, front d-railer took a hit on wednesday
  • Pr][nCe
    Sunday hmmm Afan - W2? Brechfa - Raven? im easy m8 or just go with the majority of peeps :)

Thursday Castle Coch sound great to me :)

Don't get disgruntled mukka, Do as kel said go to LBS get it sorted get Canyon to pick up the bill least they can do after 1 ride fail.
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Mojo_666
    cwmboyo wrote:
    warranty bud sent me a new chainstay, have u bn out much?

Fair play that was a pretty good turn around time wise.

I have been out a few times in the last 10 days or or so but had to take a few weeks off prior to that to recover from my crash when I was out with you (cracked rib)

Just getting back into the swing of things now but still taking it easy though.
  • clamps81
    clamps81 Posts: 315
    Wouldn't mind trying castell coch at some stage. Gonna see if I can finally resolve all my bike woes this evening by sorting out my iffy front brake.
    Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Am out on Wednesday night for a spin, and Up north wales it looks this weekend, go play on the pump tracks at Deg and and cruise dragons back at CYB
  • welshkev
    sladey can't make it out now this week so are you guys going to castle coch thursday? if you are i'll see you there :D

where do you meet/park?
  • Welsh_Tom
    welshkev wrote:
    sladey can't make it out now this week so are you guys going to castle coch thursday? if you are i'll see you there :D

where do you meet/park?

not sure we are going there yet but if we are:

drive past the calte, keep going up the hill half a mile and on the right is a another car park

go all the way up the top.

on a side note its a big doging site so when we leave all the dogs will be up there getting ready for the off
  • Mojo_666
    Welsh_Tom wrote:
    welshkev wrote:

where do you meet/park?

drive past the calte, keep going up the hill half a mile and on the right is a another car park

on a side note its a big doging site so when we leave all the dogs will be up there getting ready for the off

Bonus? ;)
  • welshkev
    Mojo_666 wrote:
    Welsh_Tom wrote:
    welshkev wrote:

where do you meet/park?

Boner ;)

fixed it for you :wink::lol:
  • Welsh_Tom
    me and dar are meeting in cwm cp at 6:15
  • Welsh_Tom
    welshkev wrote:
    Mojo_666 wrote:
    Welsh_Tom wrote:
    welshkev wrote:

where do you meet/park?

Boner ;)

fixed it for you :wink::lol:

whatever floots your boat ant it :lol:
  • cwmboyo
    Mojo_666 wrote:
    cwmboyo wrote:

I have been out a few times in the last 10 days or or so but had to take a few weeks off prior to that to recover from my crash when I was out with you (cracked rib)

alright mike, didnt think u broke ua rib!! hahah sorry

when you want to come back out with us again just text me, seems a bit iof a closed book on here so dont really use it.
    we got some really good rides local to what we done and im sure you will like them. have u still got my number?? if so text me

Cube Fritzz 2010
    Norco DH 2008
    Santa Cruz Nomad Mk 2
    Trek SL 1200
    Cube Peleton
  • welshkev
    Welsh_Tom wrote:
    me and dar are meeting in cwm cp at 6:15

when tonight or thurs?
  • welshkev
    cwmboyo wrote:
    [
    when you want to come back out with us again just text me, seems a bit iof a closed book on here so dont really use it.we got some really good rides local to what we done and im sure you will like them. have u still got my number?? if so text me

you really don't like us on here do you?! :lol:
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    Hi guys, I'm looking to get a bike for my nephew who's 13. He's almost as tall as me now so an 18" frame I think would be fine for him. Does anyone have a HT for sale? I won't be bringing him up to Cwmcarn any time soon but I'd like to think I will in the future so would be good if it was a Cwmcarn capable BSO.

If anyone has anything semi decent let me know and we may be able to have a deal :D

Cheers lads.

p.s. my budget is low smiley-face-whistle-2.gif
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • Welsh_Tom
    cwmboyo wrote:
    Mojo_666 wrote:
    cwmboyo wrote:

alright mike, didnt think u broke ua rib!! hahah sorry

when you want to come back out with us again just text me, seems a bit iof a closed book on here so dont really use it.
    we got some really good rides local to what we done and im sure you will like them. have u still got my number?? if so text me

have you done the other mach ride where you start over a rock garden then up 2 big ass hills, then over the top, then info the undergrouth, then thought a load of trees big and fast but soft under foot, then by a fance?? :roll: :lol:
  • Mojo_666
    cwmboyo wrote:
    Didnt think u broke ua rib!! hahah sorry

Haha neither did I at the time, it took me a week and 2 rides to aggravate it to take it seriously and yeah still got your number, but doing mellow stuff atm....cos I am being a wimp. :lol: