south wales Rides?

Comments

• No problem, probably still head over to cam anyway
  • Welsh_Tom wrote:
    rickin wrote:
    Cwmcarn @ 11 it is then. Be in a blue fiesta with a white hardtail

sorry m8 plans had to change. not going to be there till 1:30 sorry dude. I think you said thats to late for you. for which i am am sorry

Hay man i have to wait in for a delivery but if it comes before 1 i will meet you in the carpark about 1:30? if its cool for me to tag alone? if it dont come before then i will let you know asap :)
    Riding since 2010
  • Mojo_666
    Mojo_666 Posts: 860
    Going to hit Cwmcarn Tomorrow night @ 18:00 with Matt if anyone else is interested.

http://www.halfwayupmtb.co.uk/topic/cwm ... -nov-1800/
  • Tom im gonna be able to make it bro the fliping thing still havent come but my new Juicy Three's have lol
    Riding since 2010
  • Thats ok dude. Had a flipping ace ride. With two fast uphill boys so my lungs are hurting now. but the downs where flying. trying to keep up with my m8 on the last was fun. Never been down there so fast. the trail was dry as a bone it was lush
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    Anyone on the Cwmcarn uplift this saturday?
  • Hi all.

Anyone out around pontypool, cwmcarn, hafoddrynns hills and forestry this sunday. Looking for a local group to tag onto, newbie looking for a change from the pontypool to cwmbran towpath lol.
  • I ride that area often with a few guys, unfortunately working this Sunday can you get out midweek in the days?
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    What's happened to thewaylander? I'd spoken to him before about meeting up next time I was in S Wales, sent him a PM and no answer, haven't seen him on here for ages either.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Hi silverslady. Unfortunately in work during the week until my holidays are renewed in the new year. If your out and about and spot me on a black and white x control give us a shout. By no means a hill athlete but been having some fun above pontypool park on part of the circular and wouldn't mind getting stuck into some half decent trails. Think you know the ones I'm on about :).

Do those guys from the granny ring do much locally ??

Thanks all

Matt
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    beancapooer: i did send you a pm mate, i just haven't been out, i'm not ignoring you :lol: granny's ring ride from the park gates on wednesdays at 6.30 i do believe as well as riding on the weekends.

Bails: i haven't seen waylander for ages, he's got a girlfriend now so maybe he's under the thumb :lol: he didn't used to ride with us lot much anyway.
  • No probs kev. I didn't want to seem like that annoying pup dancing around with the lead in its mouth lol :).
  • welshkev
    No probs kev. I didn't want to seem like that annoying pup dancing around with the lead in its mouth lol :).

no worries mate, let me know when you're going and i'll try and join you. i have been out twice but it's been an early morning quick blast up the fireroad at hafydrynys (that's not how you spell it is it?) :lol:

sladey: when you out next? it's been ages since we've been out for a ride, you have to get me match fit for wentwood :lol:
  • Looking to be out about 11o clock sunday if you fancy it kev. Start from the folly or hafodrynns or ponty park. Up to you mate. Let me know where you want to go from and I ll pedal over :)
  • I ride that area often with a few guys, unfortunately working this Sunday can you get out midweek in the days?

oooooooo sladys, long time dude. where you been?

I am off all next week so if u free in the day anytime most days let me know dude
  • Kev ian has a ride planned sat, am and sunday am, it was in his txt. but i am sure he will post about it on halfwayup if u dont have his number
  • welshkev
    cheers tom,

i will be out for a ride sunday but it'll be early (as usual) i have to work at the nursery so i'll ride from my place over the top to cwmcarn and then down the canal to newport, probably leaving my place at 7/7.30am!!!

i will sometime in the next 20 years get out for a ride with you guys again :lol:
  • That sounds like a plan :). Ok if I join you to cwmcarn.
  • Pr][nCe
    Pr][nCe Posts: 626
    pivot bearings and removal tool dropped through the letterbox this morning, bike now up and running, unsure about tomorrows ride as i have to tend to the horses. but looking to get out Sunday, earlyish have to be back for 2pm
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s195 ... =slideshow
    Santacruz Chameleon - 2005
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • ianm59
    ianm59 Posts: 168
    Hows tricks everyone.
    Riding from the Crown on Saturday morning 9.00start. Over Wyllie to CC and back.
    On Sunday meeting at 10.00, riding from Cwmcarn up over the moors down into Abercarn and back. Anyone interested? All welcome.
    Also posted on www.halfwayupmtb.co.uk
  • Welsh_Tom wrote:
    I ride that area often with a few guys, unfortunately working this Sunday can you get out midweek in the days?

oooooooo sladys, long time dude. where you been?

I am off all next week so if u free in the day anytime most days let me know dude

looking to ride Cwmcarn Tuesday can you make it about 10ish
  • welshkev wrote:
    No probs kev. I didn't want to seem like that annoying pup dancing around with the lead in its mouth lol :).

no worries mate, let me know when you're going and i'll try and join you. i have been out twice but it's been an early morning quick blast up the fireroad at hafydrynys (that's not how you spell it is it?) :lol:

sladey: when you out next? it's been ages since we've been out for a ride, you have to get me match fit for wentwood :lol:

In the day next Tuesday or an evening ride probably thursday lap of Cwmcarn
  • welshkev
    i've got 6 days of leave to take up before christmas sladey boy, i'll let you know :D

anyone gonna be at the top of cwmcarn around 9am sunday? i'll do the downs with you then head on down the canal to newport. 8)
  • Pr][nCe
    From this well and few more bits that finally arrived.
    DSCF1181.jpg

To this.
    Ready for the test flight, im ready for a crash and burn lol.
    DSCF1210.jpg

DSCF1207.jpg

DSCF1202.jpg

Gopro on the front and its coming filming with us on MTB outings :) well after i crashed it lots and rebuilt it got use to it, trust me haha
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • Ahh nice prince. Kit build?? Hope it has good gyros :)
    Are you heading from pontypool kev ??
  • Pr][nCe
    Ahh nice prince. Kit build?? Hope it has good gyros :)

Not a kit build but did follow a guide that i got online, but wish it was you ever tryed cutting twin weave carbon fibre? nightmare :twisted: that i got as a sheet few days before most the bits arrived, so some looks like it came as kit, but i did the work on them before i took the first pics :)
    Santacruz Heckler - 2010
    Cannondale F400 - 2003
  • welshkev
    Ahh nice prince. Kit build?? Hope it has good gyros :)

yeah, i'll be heading off from the tranch, you up for an early morning start? :shock:

nice one daz, be great to get some videos from that 8)
  • welshkev wrote:

In the day next Tuesday or an evening ride probably thursday lap of Cwmcarn

of all the days and times you could of said you had to pick that day and that time :lol: anyway u can leave it till about 1:30

I got an appointment at 12. it should not be to long i hope
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    boys, need some local knowledge,

on the uplift at cwmcarn tomorrow and my knee pads are no where to be found.

any idea if either of the following shops are open at 9am?

PSCycles
    Martin Ashfield Cycles
    Ryders bike shop

cheers!
  • Whatever time your off kev I ll be there bud. Bit busy with kids and stuff today so bit awkward checking thread. If its ok give us a bell or text so I know where to meet you. Cwmbran lad originally so my knowledge around pontypool a little limited. Do you mean the old primary school site or school. Is there any tranch left :)