124»

Comments

• asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    CrackFox wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:
    CrackFox wrote:
    whyamihere wrote:
    If anyone knows where thin people can get clothes without taking out a huge bank loan, please let me know. Though I agree that tight jeans do look stupid, I much prefer a baggy leg. If I could find any of the damn things.

I'm 6' with a 30" waist and a 34" leg or two. When I was in the UK I used to get my jeans from H&M. TopMan is also worth a look - lots of 30L jeans on their website, although mostly skinny styles.

30L will generally be a 32" leg not a 34".

I'm a 30" waist with a 32.5" inside leg (so need to buy a 34" leg or risk half-mast). Skinny jeans aren't a option because my thighs aren't matchsticks (I too have difficulty getting my jeans over my claves when going for a session on the throne).

It's a nightmare. Clothes are either made for fat folks or the anorexic. Buying clothes is actually hard now I'm reasonably fit.

I always thought a 32 was a Reg and a 34 a Long? The TopMan sizing guide lists a L as 34" and Extra Long as 36" but I guess it depends on where you shop. The net is generally better than the high street for anyone with a waist measurement lower than their inseam. Gap used to do jeans with a 30" waist and a 33" leg, but they produce chinos for Al-Qaeda so you might want to give them a miss.

Ah, ok.

I generally wear levis, FCUK or another I'm having a mental block about, where regular is inside leg = waist and long is inside leg = waist + 2".
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    with all the cycling I am finding now that while I have toned up in the legs and stomach, I am having trouble getting jeans to fit because I have started to develop muscle. Even worse tommrrow I am having to go to CTCRM to have my blues trousers tailored because off the peg don't fit! Stores were just stunned they couldn't get me trousers to fit when they are designed for blokes bigger than me. Thankfully into the bargain they are tailoring my blues tunic because I am short in the arms but slightly large chest wise, seems Marines don't have boob issues :lol:

As for skinny men, does nothing for me, like a man to have a bit of chunk to them :lol:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    JGS wrote:
    PBo wrote:
    they make jeans for the BNP.....

IGMC

Do they really? I didn't know the BNP had their own label out, can you buy it at John Lewis next to the other OneTrueSaxon stuff then? I think I saw Nick Griffin on TV in a M&S suit the other day, so lets all label Mylene Klass as a Nazi Sympathiser and maybe they stick pork in all their food products to ensure that they get revenge on the Jews? Maybe that, or you're being a bit of a prick ...

Maybe, you've had a total sense of humour failure???

IGMC, means "I'll get me coat" - in self recognition of a weak joke. One true saxon, i.e. fairly pure white??

I'll graciously accept your apology for calling me a pr1ck if you are man enough to give one out.

Otherwise me and my football hooly mates will come round in our OneTrueSaxon jeans and Burberry caps and duff you up....
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    NGale wrote:
    with all the cycling I am finding now that while I have toned up in the legs and stomach, I am having trouble getting jeans to fit because I have started to develop muscle. Even worse tommrrow I am having to go to CTCRM to have my blues trousers tailored because off the peg don't fit! Stores were just stunned they couldn't get me trousers to fit when they are designed for blokes bigger than me. Thankfully into the bargain they are tailoring my blues tunic because I am short in the arms but slightly large chest wise, seems Marines don't have boob issues :lol:

As for skinny men, does nothing for me, like a man to have a bit of chunk to them :lol:

Could I please refer you to my signature? :wink: 8)
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    men of non-standard shape...

follow me for I know the answer and have done since I was a teenager.

i am 5"10 mesomoprh with ectomorphic tendencies with 34" inside leg and a 32" waist...

two words for you to contemplate....

womens jeans.

that is all.

:D
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • JGS
    JGS Posts: 180
    PBo wrote:
    JGS wrote:
    PBo wrote:

IGMC

Do they really? I didn't know the BNP had their own label out, can you buy it at John Lewis next to the other OneTrueSaxon stuff then? I think I saw Nick Griffin on TV in a M&S suit the other day, so lets all label Mylene Klass as a Nazi Sympathiser and maybe they stick pork in all their food products to ensure that they get revenge on the Jews? Maybe that, or you're being a bit of a prick ...

IGMC, means "I'll get me coat" - in self recognition of a weak joke. One true saxon, i.e. fairly pure white??

I'll graciously accept your apology for calling me a pr1ck if you are man enough to give one out.

Otherwise me and my football hooly mates will come round in our OneTrueSaxon jeans and Burberry caps and duff you up....

I guess the total overuse of acronyms in this thread got the better of me. In re-reading your post with the correct amount of sarcasm and irony I actually find it quite funny. So please accept my wholehearted apologies!
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    NGale wrote:

Could I please refer you to my signature? :wink: 8)

:lol: ah well Jake is a chunky lad these days as well, not the racing snake he once was rom the photos I've seen :lol:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    JGS wrote:
    PBo wrote:
    JGS wrote:
    PBo wrote:

IGMC

I guess the total overuse of acronyms in this thread got the better of me. In re-reading your post with the correct amount of sarcasm and irony I actually find it quite funny. So please accept my wholehearted apologies!

I graciously accept your apology! (I said i would!) :D And thank you.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,412
    cee wrote:

i am 5"10 mesomoprh with ectomorphic tendencies with 34" inside leg and a 32" waist...

womens jeans.

that is all.

Surely the buttons are the wrong way round, which would make the call of nature a touch hazardous.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • dondare
    dondare Posts: 2,113
    rjsterry wrote:
    cee wrote:

womens jeans.

that is all.

Surely the buttons are the wrong way round, which would make the call of nature a touch hazardous.

Not always. Also, women's jeans often contain lycra so have more give.
    This post contains traces of nuts.
  • jedster
    jedster Posts: 1,717
    I think you are missing the main point - women's jeans are not built to accommodate bloke's tackle
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,412
    Zackly. It's a bit warm to be cramming things in to... err... lycra. Don't you find them a bit roomy on the hip as well?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • cee
    try it.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    Cee, any other items of clothing you want us to know about - apart from the jeans?
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • cee
    spen666 wrote:
    Cee, any other items of clothing you want us to know about - apart from the jeans?

not that i can think of....

no wait...what about those socks with the separate toes?

to be honest..the design of mens and womens jeans in high street retailers is so similar most people can't tell the difference....

I have had a surprised woman mention it..but she thought she had bought blokes jeans.

H.G. Wells.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Boss jeans are very good for tall and slim people...cost a fair few quid though.

I you want a range of larger thighed jeans go shopping in the US the range is excellent, cheaper too
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14