Buying trousers (War on slim people)

Comments

• wgwarburton
    wgwarburton Posts: 1,863
    spen666 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I think at this stage spen666, you should do what CIB does and generally avoid my threads.

I think the day I need to take advice from someone who is deliberately offensive and who can't apprently read is a long way away.

It is not my problem that you appear to have both anger management issues and reading or comprehension difficulties

May I refer you to an earlier post of mine highlighting DDDs talent for Missing The Point...

DDD, is this something you need to work on?

Cheers,
    W.

PS No offense intended, just for clarity!!
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    I do enjoy it when the boys get together in the playground. Interesting games develop :? :)

@Davis - the sossiginabun arriving soon per chance? Downed the pint already 8)
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    spen666 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I think at this stage spen666, you should do what CIB does and generally avoid my threads.

I think the day I need to take advice from someone who is deliberately offensive and who can't apprently read is a long way away.

It is not my problem that you appear to have both anger management issues and reading or comprehension difficulties

May I refer you to an earlier post of mine highlighting DDDs talent for Missing The Point...

DDD, is this something you need to work on?

Cheers,
    W.

PS No offense intended, just for clarity!!

I skimmed Spen's post saw cake and immediately thought, based on past experience, that he was, as usual, being a twerp. So I took the opportunity. Think of it like a lead out to the final sprint. The sprinter makes his move but what he thought was an opening wasn't there. Despite it not going entirely to plan he doesn't regret it. Same with me really.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DonDaddyD
    Talking about sprinters I wonder where Chris Hoy gets his trousers, I wonder if I can shop there?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I didn't understand any of the OP

Basically, because my thighs have increased in strength exponentailly they have increased in size, while most shops seem to cater more and more for the slimmer man.

I've seen in Next, which once fitted me perfectly, an increase in their slim fit range.

This irks me, makes me feel fat and I'm ranting about it and the growing culture to idolise girly thin looking men...

I refer you again to my first reply....

But Next fitted me perfectly when I was a teenager, pre cycling. If anything I was wearing 34inch waist jeans back then, but the thighs fitted fine. Now they've made teh fit of their trousers around the thighs thinner. Same with shirts chest and shoulders too. It's a real pain.

If putting on and then losing almost 6 stone since I was 18 has taught me anything, it's that clothes aren't getting smaller.
  • Boy Lard
    Boy Lard Posts: 445
    I'm just going to throw the words Scottish, Kilt, Haggis and Sporan out there and let you come up with a post more creative than mine would have been.
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Cafewanda wrote:
    @Davis - the sossiginabun arriving soon per chance? Downed the pint already 8)

It's in the post :)

Were I London right now I'd hand deliver it. Still the pre-dinner entertainment's good, eh?
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • DonDaddyD

If putting on and then losing almost 6 stone since I was 18 has taught me anything, it's that clothes aren't getting smaller.

Maybe womens but the cheap skate clothe makers have to save on material somewhere?

How did you put on and then lose 6 stone? If I did that I'd be a 9stone Fecking contador!
    Food Chain number = 4

• lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Talking about sprinters I wonder where Chris Hoy gets his trousers, I wonder if I can shop there?

Ahhhhh a good excuse:

2988375327_d89c905491.jpg

Some differences in shape there DDD. Sorry.
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    How did you put on and then lose 6 stone?

I exercised less and less then stopped altogether, and concurrently ate and drank too much.

I then did the opposite.

EDIT: Upgraded the photo... :D
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,358
    spen666 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

hehe
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • DonDaddyD
    Some differences in shape there DDD. Sorry.

I know, I'm nicer.... :wink:
    Food Chain number = 4

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    edited June 2010
    whyamihere wrote:
    Pretty much bang on 6' tall, but with much of it being in my legs, and pretty much no fat on me. Jeans that fit me don't exist.

Same here, so I usually end up with about a yard of extra denim bunched up around my waist.

And don't get me started on (non tailored, I'm not made of money!) suits:
    Tall and fat: Fine!
    Short and slim: Fine!
    Short and fat: Fine!
    Tall and slim: Nope, nada, zilch! :roll:

Thank god 'slim fit' is trendy, it means stuff finally almost fits properly!
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • UndercoverElephant
    UndercoverElephant Posts: 5,796
    edited June 2010
    bails87 wrote:
    whyamihere wrote:
    This baffles me. Are you thin and tall? That's even worse...

I'm 5'11 and wide so I have to by wide fitting torusers that have a 32'' leg (short). In other words dumpy.
    Pretty much bang on 6' tall, but with much of it being in my legs, and pretty much no fat on me. Jeans that fit me don't exist.

Same here, so I usually end up with about a yard of extra denim bunched up around my waist.

And don't get me started on (non tailored, I'm not made of money!) suits:
    Tall and fat: Fine!
    Short and slim: Fine!
    Short and fat: Fine!
    Tall and slim: Nope, nada, zilch! :roll:

Thank god 'slim fit' is trendy, it means stuff finally almost fits properly!
    I'll say this once: http://www.ravistailor.com, get custom shirts too, think of not wearing a marquee.
  • wgwarburton
    DonDaddyD wrote:

He has them made for him, I believe...

The best fittting trousers I have are the ones from my bespoke suit... no surprise there!

Cheers,
    W.
  • hisoka
    hisoka Posts: 541
    Not fitting into trousers in shops, well I can trump that one indeed.

But this is my doing, and I am slowly working my way to changing that fact!

I work towards the day that I can go in and complain that it fits my waist but not my thighs.
    "This area left purposefully blank"
    Sign hung on my head everyday till noon.

FCN: 11 (apparently)
  • wgwarburton
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    ...I took the opportunity. Think of it like a lead out to the final sprint. The sprinter makes his move but what he thought was an opening wasn't there. Despite it not going entirely to plan he doesn't regret it. Same with me really.

Hmm, I would highlight a difference between failing to engage brain before opening mouth and failing to understand the writer's point. The first is excusable overenthusiasm or impatience... the second tends toward rude and also doesn't portray you in a good light.

Sorry if this is itself rude... but I think you do yourself a disservice sometimes when you post.

Cheers,
    W.
  • DonDaddyD
    edited June 2010
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    ...I took the opportunity. Think of it like a lead out to the final sprint. The sprinter makes his move but what he thought was an opening wasn't there. Despite it not going entirely to plan he doesn't regret it. Same with me really.

Hmm, I would highlight a difference between failing to engage brain before opening mouth and failing to understand the writer's point. The first is excusable overenthusiasm or impatience... the second tends toward rude and also doesn't portray you in a good light.

Sorry if this is itself rude... but I think you do yourself a disservice sometimes when you post.

Cheers,
    W.

Surely the former failing to engage brain before opening mouth is far more rude than failing to understand the writers point.

But that is beside the point. If it was you or someone else, I probably would have spent more time reading what was written. If it was LiT or Linsen, Greg66 or someone I wouldn't have even been rude but then I know that it would never get to that point.

After his refusal to accept that the word 'coloured' (when refering to an ethnic minority) is offensive. And despite admitting he understands why people, who the word directly affects, would find it insulting he refused the validity of the view and continued to do so*. So, in Spen666's case I simply don't give a f*ck. He is a bellend.

And if that lessens what people think about me so be it. I don't see why have to tolerate that level of obstinence when it is centred around something that personally, culturally an privately offends me.

*And it is exactly the same as a person insisting on calling a gay man a faggot, despite having been told that they find it offensive and the reason why they find it offensive (complete with historical examples of how the word is offensive). That person accepts that they understand their view but refuses to accept the validity of it and continues to call them faggots.

I don't think anyone has the right to tell me to let it go unless they've lived my life.

I'm not into being a kyboard warrior, I have my good points and I have my faults. I like a good debate and an argument. But there is a line. He crossed it.
    Food Chain number = 4

• tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    Back on topic...

I have exactly the same problem; Gap trousers seem to be better than most. Still need a belt, but only have to go up a couple of inches on the waist measurement to be able to fit my legs in...
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    If cycling makes your thighs bigger, why is it always my calf muscles that ache after a long or hard ride, rarely my thighs?
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Cheers,
    W.

Surely the former failing to engage brain before opening mouth is far more rude than failing to understand the writers point.

But that is beside the point. If it was you or someone else, I probably would have spent more time reading what was written. If it was LiT or Linsen, Greg66 or someone I wouldn't have even been rude.

After his refusal to accept that the word 'coloured' (when refering to an ethnic minority) is offensive. This, despite understanding why people who the word directly affects would find it insulting.* In Spen666 case I simply don't give a f*ck. He is a prick.
    Erm DDD, you seem to have forgotten that when I used the word coloured: -
    1. It was not directed at you, nor was it in a thread that had any reference to you.
    2. You seem to ignore the fact the remark was said with no intention to offend anyone.

You have taken upon your self to take offense at something that was neither said to you or about you and was said with no intention to offend anyone

Yet somehow this provides in your mind some sort of justification for your repeated and deliberate use of abusive language towards me[/quote]

And if that lessens what people think about me so be it. I don't see why have to tolerate that level of obstinence when it is centred around something that personally, culturally an privately offends me.

[/quote] You don't have to tolerate it, and if you bothered to engage your brain, you might realise that I have not repeated that description since the day I made a post in all innocence about someone making a protest.

your behaviour smack of an attemopt to bully someone who dares to differ with your views.

Tolerating something is one thing, using abusive and offensive language to try to cause offence is a different matter

*And it is exactly the same as a person insisting on calling black people nigger. Then having been told that they find it offensive and the reason why they find it offensive (complete with historical examples of how the word is offensive). That person accepts that they understand their view but refuses to accept the validity of it and continues to call them nigger.
    Erm no its not at all, one term is perfectly legal, the other is illegal and would result in a conviction if used in the circumstances you describe.

I'm not into being a kyboard warrior, I'm a nice pleasent mild mannered man in person (even Lits will confirm that). But there is a line, he crossed it.

Pleasant, nice mild mannered person?

If a person who uses offensive and abusive language because he is unable to read/ comprehend may be.

i've crossed a line? By using a term in all innocwence not intending to offend anyone, and certainly not directed at you?

Yet you have not crossed a line by for several days now deliberately, at your own admission, using abusive and offensive language towards me, even when you admit you were wrong in response to my reply in this thread?

I think you could do with putting your shovel away now
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    Please, guys, can we not re-run it all again but in a different thread.
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    Coriander wrote:
    If cycling makes your thighs bigger, why is it always my calf muscles that ache after a long or hard ride, rarely my thighs?
    Because they're not big enough. If your calves were as big as your thighs they would not ache (admittedly, your legs would look very strange).

I found that pedal cleat position also had an effect; if I recall correctly (and I may not) moving the cleats towards the fronts of my shoes seemed to make my calves ache more (until I got used to it).

Maybe someone who actually has a clue what they're talking about can confirm...
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,358
    DDD

Spen has been winding you up for several days

It would take a great leap of faith to believe that his use of the word coloured was not linked to your thread on ethnicity.

Don't feed the troll
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    I can't believe that DDD only returns 4 results on Google.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    This irks me, makes me feel fat and I'm ranting about it and the growing culture to idolise girly thin looking men...

Come on - it isn't as though there was ever a culture to idolise fat looking men! (at least not since Henry the 8ths time!) I've been waiting for years for my body shape to be vaguely 'in' so be nice and let us skinny blokes have our moment. All a bit late now for me mind :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    TGOTB wrote:
    Coriander wrote:
    Because they're not big enough. If your calves were as big as your thighs they would not ache (admittedly, your legs would look very strange).

I found that pedal cleat position also had an effect; if I recall correctly (and I may not) moving the cleats towards the fronts of my shoes seemed to make my calves ache more (until I got used to it).

Maybe someone who actually has a clue what they're talking about can confirm...

could possibly be to do with pedal technique? Do you drop your ankles at the bottom of the stroke?
  • amnezia
    amnezia Posts: 590
    popcorn.jpg
  • amnezia
    amnezia Posts: 590
    Coriander wrote:

bad technique or bike setup :wink:
  • JGS
    JGS Posts: 180
    TGOTB wrote:
    Back on topic...

I have exactly the same problem; Gap trousers seem to be better than most. Still need a belt, but only have to go up a couple of inches on the waist measurement to be able to fit my legs in...

I suffer from this as well, and have a horrible time trying to find decent jeans that fit. I'm 6' 3", 30/32 waist with a 36" leg and thigh circumference of 26.5". I find generally, that if I can find long enough legged 30/32 jeans I go for a "Loose" cut, which ends up looking more like slim/tailored. I've found Firetrap seem to be the best so far, and aren't insanely expensive compared to other "designer" ones ...
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,714
    Coriander wrote:
    If you sit down for hard acceleration or steep climbs, it'll get your calves. If you stand up, it'll get your thighs. I assume you stay seated?