Buying trousers (War on slim people)

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited June 2010 in Commuting chat
Has the shape of Homo-Sapien changed in the past 10 years?

A Man should not be physically able to wear skinny jeans. If he can then something is desperately wrong and he needs to go to a Doctor. Then, when they laugh at the absurdity that life has dealt they should go to a counsellor.

I thought girls like Men-looking-Men, you know the type that look like they can snap you in the bedroom. So I'm sorry but girly framed slim men should not be the marvel of fashion.

If you can wear a pair of jeans and I have to wait till I pass you and see your face to:

i) Make sure you're female
ii) Make sure its OK to feel attracted to your pert girly butt wiggle

Then something is wrong in society.

Slim-fit is not something a broad shouldered, manly framed Man, like me, needs to read on the front of every mens item in a shop. Slim-fit boxers being a popular choice takes the p.i.s.s.

If they fit clothes for the thin man, the 'normal' man and the large man, with the assumption that 'large' equates to fat, then they should fit clothes, trousers specifically, for the cycling thigh. Why? I'm tired of taking my 33inch waist into shops and having to buy 36inch or 38inch (waist) trousers because anything smaller won't fit around my thighs and the subsequent effect is to visibly strangle my "smith and wesson".

Urgh.
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments

• spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Has the shape of Homo-Sapien changed in the past 10 years?

A Man should not be physically able to wear skinny jeans. If he can then something is desperately wrong and he needs to go to a CAKE SHOP. .....
    FTFY
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • DonDaddyD
    Right because below is a commuting related thread you hypocritical bell end.

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12710633
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    If you can wear a pair of jeans and I have to wait till I pass you and see your face to:

i) Make sure you're female
    ii) Make sure its OK to feel attracted to your pert girly butt wiggle

Then something is wrong in society.

Wait.... so you've been attracted to men's bums in skinny jeans before? Often enough that you now have to check?
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Slim-fit is not something a broad shouldered, manly framed Man, like me, needs to read on the front of every mens item in a shop. Slim-fit boxers being a popular choice takes the p.i.s.s.

cartman-notfat.gif
  • lost_in_thought
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Right because below is a commuting related thread you hypocritical bell end.

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12710633

Dude, he's making a joke about how skinny people should eat cake. CTFD and stop being so rude.
  • DonDaddyD
    He riles me.
    Food Chain number = 4

• davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Oh good $deity.

It's Friday afternoon, the sun's out...

/me hands round the popcorn.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Any beer to go with it? Chips and mayo?
  • spen666
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    He riles me.

You really need to get some help for your anger management

Erm if people needto put on weight, then eating high calorific foods would be a way to do it.

Cake is high in calories

Cake can be bought in a cake SHOP

If I was suggesting this thread should have gone in to cake STOP, then I would have suggested that.

Bet you don't have the decency to apologise for your gratuitously offensive remarks

Twittering @spen_666
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Cafewanda wrote:
    Any beer to go with it? Chips and mayo?

/me buys Cafewanda a refreshing foamy pint.

Not sure about chips though; I can stretch to a sossiginnabun.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    davis wrote:
    Oh good $deity.

It's Friday afternoon, the sun's out...

/me hands round the popcorn.

Room for one more? Budge up please.
  • Chewy Cheeks
    Chewy Cheeks Posts: 234
    Is it just me who doesn't undetrstand what FTFY means?
    No Babbit No, Look what Birdy doing
  • Oddjob62
    Oddjob62 Posts: 1,056
    Oooh a rant and abuse... nice combo.
    As yet unnamed (Dolan Seta)
    Joelle (Focus Expert SRAM)
  • Boy Lard
    Boy Lard Posts: 445
    Yeah, I'm really fed up that I have to buy 38" waist trousers to go round my 38" waist. Why don't they just label them 30" to make me feel better.

I couldn't give a crap what Russell Brand is wearing, I'll just buy pants that fit and feel comfortable. I love the George jeans from Asda. They are cheap, they fit my large arse and have enough upper leg room as well.

As for what women want.....I'm guessing Russell Brand gets laid more than we do.

Who cares, long live the pork pie.
  • DonDaddyD
    edited June 2010
    spen666 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    He riles me.

Bet you don't have the decency to apologise for your gratuitously offensive remarks
    I'm not actually angry.

I fully admit that I missed the joke. But I don't regret insulting you.
    Food Chain number = 4

• Oddjob62
    Is it just me who doesn't undetrstand what FTFY means?
    Fixed That For You
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,357
    edited June 2010
    I didn't understand any of the OP
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • spen666
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    spen666 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    He riles me.

I'm not actually angry.

I fully admit that I missed the joke. But I don't regret insulting you.

This from the man who rants on and on about offense taken by him at a post about someone else that had nothing to do with him and where no offense was ever intended. Yet you seem to take great delight in deliberately trying to cause offense

You have a strange coloured view of the world you live in and your own behaviour

Twittering @spen_666
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,714
    You are joking aren't you?

Have you ever tried buying trousers for a 30" waist and 34" leg? I have. Even 32" waist and a belt would do me. They don't exist, assuming you don't want to pay over £100 for a pair of jeans (I have no desire to do so). I have 2 options: I can either buy jeans which fit me around the waist, but sit significantly above my ankles, going halfway up my calf if I dare to sit down, or jeans which are long enough, but require the waistband to be so bunched up by my belt that there are uncomfortable lumps of denim at irregular intervals around my middle. I generally choose the latter as it looks slightly less ridiculous.

If anyone knows where thin people can get clothes without taking out a huge bank loan, please let me know. Though I agree that tight jeans do look stupid, I much prefer a baggy leg. If I could find any of the damn things.
  • DonDaddyD
    I think at this stage spen666, you should do what CIB does and generally avoid my threads.

Basically, because my thighs have increased in strength exponentailly they have increased in size, while most shops seem to cater more and more for the slimmer man.

I've seen in Next, which once fitted me perfectly, an increase in their slim fit range.

This irks me, makes me feel fat and I'm ranting about it and the growing culture to idolise girly thin looking men...
    Food Chain number = 4

• wgwarburton
    wgwarburton Posts: 1,863
    Boy Lard wrote:
    Yeah, I'm really fed up that I have to buy 38" waist trousers to go round my 38" waist. Why don't they just label them 30" to make me feel better.

I couldn't give a crap what Russell Brand is wearing, I'll just buy pants that fit and feel comfortable. I love the George jeans from Asda. They are cheap, they fit my large ars* and have enough upper leg room as well.

As for what women want.....I'm guessing Russell Brand gets laid more than we do.

Who cares, long live the pork pie.

He has a point, though, albeit not one worth building a campaign on...

I buy the loosest fit jeans I can find without going overboard on the flappy ones that show your underwear. They are still snug around the thighs despite my needing to wear a belt to stop them falling down... The 32" ones might fit my waist perfectly but I can't pull them up far enough to know for sure...

Real Cyclists don't wear skinnyjeans...

Cheers,
    W.
  • DonDaddyD
    whyamihere wrote:

Have you ever tried buying trousers for a 30" waist and 34" leg? I have. Even 32" waist and a belt would do me. They don't exist, assuming you don't want to pay over £100 for a pair of jeans (I have no desire to do so). I have 2 options: I can either buy jeans which fit me around the waist, but sit significantly above my ankles, going halfway up my calf if I dare to sit down, or jeans which are long enough, but require the waistband to be so bunched up by my belt that there are uncomfortable lumps of denim at irregular intervals around my middle. I generally choose the latter as it looks slightly less ridiculous.

If anyone knows where thin people can get clothes without taking out a huge bank loan, please let me know. Though I agree that tight jeans do look stupid, I much prefer a baggy leg. If I could find any of the damn things.

This baffles me. Are you thin and tall? That's even worse...

I'm 5'11 and wide so I have to by wide fitting torusers that have a 32'' leg (short). In other words dumpy.
    Food Chain number = 4

• Boy Lard
    Boy Lard Posts: 445
    WhyamIhere, I have the opposite problem, next time I buy some jeans, I'll cut off the extra foot of leg that I don't need and post it to you.
  • lost_in_thought
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I think at this stage spen666, you should do what CIB does and generally avoid my threads.

Basically, because my thighs have increased in strength exponentailly they have increased in size, while most shops seem to cater more and more for the slimmer man.

I've seen in Next, which once fitted me perfectly, an increase in their slim fit range.

This irks me, makes me feel fat and I'm ranting about it and the growing culture to idolise girly thin looking men...

I refer you again to my first reply....
  • spen666
    DonDaddyD wrote:

I think the day I need to take advice from someone who is deliberately offensive and who can't apprently read is a long way away.

It is not my problem that you appear to have both anger management issues and reading or comprehension difficulties

Twittering @spen_666
  • whyamihere
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    whyamihere wrote:

This baffles me. Are you thin and tall? That's even worse...

I'm 5'11 and wide so I have to by wide fitting torusers that have a 32'' leg (short). In other words dumpy.
    Pretty much bang on 6' tall, but with much of it being in my legs, and pretty much no fat on me. Jeans that fit me don't exist.
  • whyamihere
    Boy Lard wrote:
    WhyamIhere, I have the opposite problem, next time I buy some jeans, I'll cut off the extra foot of leg that I don't need and post it to you.
    Deal!
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    sossiginabun will do fine, thanks. Add ketchup and mootard too :)
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD wrote:

I refer you again to my first reply....

But Next fitted me perfectly when I was a teenager, pre cycling. If anything I was wearing 34inch waist jeans back then, but the thighs fitted fine. Now they've made teh fit of their trousers around the thighs thinner. Same with shirts chest and shoulders too. It's a real pain.
    Food Chain number = 4

• Oddjob62
    Don't have much problem finding decent trousers, maybe i'm just less fussy than you.
  • DonDaddyD
    whyamihere wrote:
    Pretty much bang on 6' tall, but with much of it being in my legs, and pretty much no fat on me. Jeans that fit me don't exist.

I wish I had this problem.

Damn my beer filled youth and short mother hindering my genes....
    Food Chain number = 4