Floyd -- he wrote us a letter...

Comments

• dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Steve Tcp wrote:
    Ball himself also told the same paper;
    "Floyd is in a better place," Ball told the Daily News following Landis' confession. "Someone needed to come clean who was on the inside, who had lived it." At the time he said he was 150 percent certain that Novitzky's drug probe wouldn't involve the Rock Racing team.

So he probably is a bit surprised but, as already stated, it may well have as much to do with Ball's cycling employees over the last few years as Ball himself. Perhaps they're looking to find out whether, for example, Hamilton corroborated any of Landis's confession in his days at Rock.

could well be in the hope they can get email from Hamilton in case it inciminates LA. Maybe Ball will talk
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Dave_1 wrote:

could well be in the hope they can get email from Hamilton in case it inciminates LA. Maybe Ball will talk

According to the fellow on the CN forum who's been right so far, Landis has been backed up by more than 1 person.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • iainf72 wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:

According to the fellow on the CN forum who's been right so far, Landis has been backed up by more than 1 person.

still a tad "bloke down the pub told me"

I think the whole investigation thing is going to be sloooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

which is disappointing for gossips such as ourselves
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    good read. Funny it hasn't been posted now that Landis is a respected person on the forums

http://bicycling.com/tour-de-france/tou ... es-i-wrote
  • rockmount
    rockmount Posts: 761
    Wow ! a thread more persistent than herpes !!!
    .. who said that, internet forum people ?
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    Bill Strickland tweeting that he's heard several rumours that RS will be DNS at TdF...
  • paulcuthbert
    paulcuthbert Posts: 1,016
    micron wrote:
    Bill Strickland tweeting that he's heard several rumours that RS will be DNS at TdF...

DNS?
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    DNS?
    Did Not Start
  • not to incur the wrath of the forum, but don't you all think that would be a real loss for this years TDF? and would it not put off potential team sponsors for the future? Love him or Hate him LA certainly raises the profile of the sport as the 94 pages of this forum attest...
    All hail the FSM and his noodly appendage!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    not to incur the wrath of the forum, but don't you all think that would be a real loss for this years TDF? and would it not put off potential team sponsors for the future? Love him or Hate him LA certainly raises the profile of the sport as the 94 pages of this forum attest...

Under generally normal circumstances (like last year) I'd agree with you. The problem is that there's a real chance of the scandal exploding mid-Tour and overshadowing everything, which is a bit harsh on the various winners, many of whom will be doing it clean.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    The worst thing is that he protested his innocence for so long
    He's still protesting his innocence for the +ve test in the tdf that finally nailed him.
    His stance is "I can't believe I got nailed for something I didn't even do when I did all these other things and got away with them".
    Former Gerolsteiner team director Holczer has said in an interview published today, that he wondered at the time whether Landis‘ wonder performance, the day Landis grabbed back the yellow jersey, might have been due to a motor as much as (or more than) due to testosterone, and he still wouldn't rule this out.
    Maybe that’s what Landis has meant all along when he’s been denying having doped for that specific stage?
  • iainf72
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Nyeh. Same old theories.

I don't see any solutions jumping out on me. Man has cheated to get ahead forever. Always will.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • iainf72
    Stuff from WADA

Interpol involved

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100706/sp ... wadalandis?
  • Bakunin
    Bakunin Posts: 868
    Two interesting sentences from that report:

"And it's one that might go on for many more weeks because it essentially started with a US inquiry and is spreading," he explained.

"We've been persuading people to cooperate and think that would be helpful."

This may hurt more than the cobbles.
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Bakunin wrote:
    Two interesting sentences from that report:

"And it's one that might go on for many more weeks because it essentially started with a US inquiry and is spreading," he explained.

"We've been persuading people to cooperate and think that would be helpful."

This may hurt more than the cobbles.

I think this could be a case of 'death by a thousand cuts' for LA.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • iainf72
    Another excellent firm denial from Hincapie

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/tdf2010/n ... YHeadlines

:roll:
  • Bakunin
    George seems like the pressure is getting to him.

Big Bob and JV tried to sign me -- "see I'm clean."

Contador could make that argument.
  • paulcuthbert
    Bakunin wrote:
    George seems like the pressure is getting to him

How on earth do you know?
  • Bakunin
    I don't know.

But his quotes seem shrill -- like he is reaching.

"It bothers me, because I've been doing this for 17 years and never heard anything bad about me," Hincapie said.

There has been whispers about the guy for years.

And Stapleton and JV contract talks are offered as proof that he is clean. You buy that? If so, I have a shipyard in Belfast I'd love to sell ya.
  • iainf72
    WSJ version of the update

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... SecondNews

A person familiar with the investigation said the probe is moving more quickly than other past sports doping investigations. In the past, this person said, the lack of cooperation had prevented anti-doping officials from imposing penalties on athletes who had used performance-enhancing drugs.

So, folks are cooperating, eh?
  • Arkibal
    Arkibal Posts: 850
    Interpol, World Anti-Doping Agency Launch Investigations of Lance Armstrong
    http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/201 ... s_inve.php
  • iainf72 wrote:
    WSJ version of the update

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... SecondNews

A person familiar with the investigation said the probe is moving more quickly than other past sports doping investigations. In the past, this person said, the lack of cooperation had prevented anti-doping officials from imposing penalties on athletes who had used performance-enhancing drugs.

So, folks are cooperating, eh?

I never knew Terry Wogan was involved in the investigation... :shock:
  • paulcuthbert
    Is there actually any news? I swear I've read the same rubbish from about 15 different sources. Does nobody have anything original?
  • IanLD
    IanLD Posts: 423
    Funny looking back at this thread now...

Wonder what everyone thinks looking back at what they posted a couple of years ago with the way the case is moving now :?:
  • Vino2007
    Vino2007 Posts: 340
    Could someone give a paragraph summary of this post? I'm not demanding it just asking if someone would kindly. There's far too much bullsh*it laced through this to make sense of anything. Cheers!
  • andrewjoseph
    andrewjoseph Posts: 2,165
    Vino2007 wrote:
    Could someone give a paragraph summary of this post? I'm not demanding it just asking if someone would kindly. There's far too much bullsh*it laced through this to make sense of anything. Cheers!

Floyd lied, but he's telling the truth now.

I believe him now, didn't believe him before.
    --
    Burls Ti Tourer for Tarmac, Saracen aluminium full suss for trails
  • cycling5280
    cycling5280 Posts: 279
    For years Floyd lied, paraded around the U.S. claiming his innocence at bike shops taking donations for his defense and wrote a book full of lies.

I believe him now....not.
  • iainf72
    For years Floyd lied, paraded around the U.S. claiming his innocence at bike shops taking donations for his defense and wrote a book full of lies.

Was he lying first time round or second?

One version should be the truth, no?
  • cycling5280
    cycling5280 Posts: 279
    iainf72 wrote:

Was he lying first time round or second?

One version should be the truth, no?

I think most people just don't care what he has to say any more. He lost all credibility years ago.