Floyd -- he wrote us a letter...

Comments

• paulcuthbert
    paulcuthbert Posts: 1,016
    micron wrote:
    Why? People ask me stupid questions all the time at work - if you're a professional you smile and answer politely and get on with the job.

True. But do they ask you the same question every time? Doubt it. That would get annoying
  • Arkibal
    Arkibal Posts: 850
    It would get annoying though, you gotta understand that...

No I don't, if he has nothing to hide, why not answer the question calmly without getting all wired up?
    And, he didn't give an answer, just the old yadda yadda.
    Feeling the heat?
  • paulcuthbert
    Arkibal wrote:
    It would get annoying though, you gotta understand that...

No I don't, if he has nothing to hide, why not answer the question calmly without getting all wired up?
    And, he didn't give an answer, just the old yadda yadda.

He's answered it a thousand times before. And he said "the answer hasn't changed". If it was anyone else, that'd be as good as an answer.

If it was Sporza that asked it, no surprise he got angry. Don't think they see eye-to-eye after last year
  • Arkibal
    He's answered it a thousand times before. And he said "the answer hasn't changed". If it was anyone else, that'd be as good as an answer.

If it was Sporza that asked it, no surprise he got angry. Don't think they see eye-to-eye after last year

Sorry, but this was the first time he was asked about doping AFTER Landis came clean.
    He didn't deny it, "the answer hasn't changed".
    Make of that what you will.
  • paulcuthbert
    Arkibal wrote:

Sorry, but this was the first time he was asked about doping AFTER Landis came clean.
    He didn't deny it, "the answer hasn't changed".
    Make of that what you will.

You don't know it's the first time. It's the first video to surface in a month since it's happened- that don't mean it's the first time!

He's answered that question before. Whether it's before or after Landis, it's the same question - and Lance said his answer hadn't changed. If it was anyone or anything else, I doubt you'd have a problem accepting a similar response to a commonly asked question.
  • Arkibal
    You don't know it's the first time. It's the first video to surface in a month since it's happened- that don't mean it's the first time!

He's answered that question before. Whether it's before or after Landis, it's the same question - and Lance said his answer hadn't changed. If it was anyone or anything else, I doubt you'd have a problem accepting a similar response to a commonly asked question.

:roll:
  • paulcuthbert
    Arkibal wrote:

:roll:

Great discussion mate. Super
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Don't muck about with Betsy

http://bicycling.com/blogs/sittingin/20 ... out-lance/

(read the comments)
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • iainf72
    Rumours say Wall Street Journal this Friday and Saturday for the start of stage 2.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    iainf72 wrote:
    Rumours say Wall Street Journal this Friday and Saturday for the start of stage 2.

Any details?
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • iainf72
    Timoid. wrote:

Any details?

Interviews with some people involved I believe. And some more details.

But who knows if it's true.
  • Bakunin
    Bakunin Posts: 868
    Bring it on.
  • iainf72
    Timoid. wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

Any details?

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showpost.p ... tcount=106

Somewhere near Morzine, a man is digging a 6ft hole in the ground so that he may lie in it and turn in his grave when he thinks about Murdoch's pride a joy, a paper dedicated to capitalism, is really hammering at Armstrong.

:wink:
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    iainf72 wrote:
    Timoid. wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

Any details?

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showpost.p ... tcount=106

Somewhere near Morzine, a man is digging a 6ft hole in the ground so that he may lie in it and turn in his grave when he thinks about Murdoch's pride a joy, a paper dedicated to capitalism, is really hammering at Armstrong.

:wink:

if that theory is true (wich prolly isnt) then this dude must have used rhino needles...

1277109643042-1pcwa9kcbw0yo-798-75.jpg
    cartoon.jpg
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Doobz, re that pic, I would guess those socks-elastic, kick the legs. And the skinsuits..which the best will have designed for there movement on a bike. There skinsuits hold them in certain positions their muscles can't
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Doobz, re that pic, I would guess those socks-elastic, kick the legs. And the skinsuits..which the best will have designed for there movement on a bike. There skinsuits hold them in certain positions their muscles can't

haha are you for real? I was being sarcastic... nugget
    cartoon.jpg
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    It's possible but something that you can throw out there but it's hard to prove the negative, that you wore black socks for another reason or preferred longer ones for the support they gave. What's needed is someone to confirm this, a rider or staff etc.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Doobz wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:

haha are you for real? I was being sarcastic... nugget

at 2008 Olympics comments were made about the rigidty of the skinsuits the Brits rode-the skinsuits were firming riders in postures/helping tuck them flat backed (gel tucking) to reduce the fatigue of holding posture, Brailsford had them shreded afterward

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/other_s ... 872309.stm
  • iainf72
  • iainf72
    So, this just gives an indication of how seriously the feds are taking this. As far as we know, Ball was never mentioned but they've obviously done their homework and are working their way through the whole cycling world.
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    iainf72 wrote:
    So, this just gives an indication of how seriously the feds are taking this. As far as we know, Ball was never mentioned but they've obviously done their homework and are working their way through the whole cycling world.

Or they're not taking it very seriously / have decided to look the other way on the big names but are going all out to catch some pretty minor guys to call it a triumph.
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • iainf72
    jibberjim wrote:

Or they're not taking it very seriously / have decided to look the other way on the big names but are going all out to catch some pretty minor guys to call it a triumph.

Mmmm. Unlikely. Ball is probably in there because of a few colourful characters which have been on his team and USPS / Phonak.
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Well hasn't Landis sent more information (e-mails) than has been made public? Ball and RR could have been named in these.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • Steve Tcp
    Steve Tcp Posts: 7,350
    This from the linked article
    "Ball was not named in the e-mails,which claimed Armstrong and his team's director, Johan Bruyneel, introduced Landis to testosterone patches, EPO, human growth hormone and illicit blood transfusions."
    Take care,

Steve.
  • Steve Tcp
    Ball himself also told the same paper;
    "Floyd is in a better place," Ball told the Daily News following Landis' confession. "Someone needed to come clean who was on the inside, who had lived it." At the time he said he was 150 percent certain that Novitzky's drug probe wouldn't involve the Rock Racing team.

So he probably is a bit surprised but, as already stated, it may well have as much to do with Ball's cycling employees over the last few years as Ball himself. Perhaps they're looking to find out whether, for example, Hamilton corroborated any of Landis's confession in his days at Rock.
    Take care,

Steve.
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Steve Tcp wrote:
    "Ball was not named in the e-mails,which claimed Armstrong and his team's director, Johan Bruyneel, introduced Landis to testosterone patches, EPO, human growth hormone and illicit blood transfusions."

Not in the *leaked* e-mail, no. He did send others though, didn't he?
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    That TT picture is fugly, but I'll bet that guy won. But man that whole setup is asthetically challenging - where is his chin? Did he get the bone removed for aerodynamics. And that barrel chest, what's his VO2 max? 90 or something?

re: Ball, they could be interested b/c of his efforts to sign Landis. It's galling that they gave him license troubles for seeking to sign Landis, how wrong is that? If a rider is legal to ride he can ride, and if someone wants to hire him, he should be allowed to do so. How can a license granting body behave or put pressure on a team owner for wanting to sign a rider who's as elligible as any other? Man this sporrt is fecked, and dope has nothing to do with it.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • Steve Tcp
    DaveyL wrote:
    Steve Tcp wrote:

Not in the *leaked* e-mail, no. He did send others though, didn't he?

Dave, all I can tell you is that the quote I posted above doesn't mention the word "leaked", it just says "the e-mails", so it's a matter of interpretation.
    Take care,

Steve.
  • iainf72
    Meh.

WSJ delaying on publishing. If they ever were going to. But I suppose the day before the Tour starts might be better for impact.