SCR Summer Gathering 2010

Comments

• Oddjob62
    Oddjob62 Posts: 1,056
    I'll be passing very close to Paddington. Can meet up first if you want.
    As yet unnamed (Dolan Seta)
    Joelle (Focus Expert SRAM)
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Oddjob62 wrote:

Might be tempted, especially if I'm trying to follow LiT's directions :lol: Looked at LiT's directions and apart from Broadway Shopping Centre it seems pretty straight forward. Still got time to look at the route.
    The plan is for a High Noon showdown at the cafe by Roehampton gate?
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    redvee wrote:
    Oddjob62 wrote:

Might be tempted, especially if I'm trying to follow LiT's directions :lol: Looked at LiT's directions and apart from Broadway Shopping Centre it seems pretty straight forward. Still got time to look at the route.
    The plan is for a High Noon showdown at the cafe by Roehampton gate?

Broadway Shopping Centre? Where's that?

Trouble is, in London, if you want to stay off the big roads the navigation gets a lot more difficult.

Getting to richmond will be easy. Getting back after a couple of pints......... not so much.
  • redvee

The roundabout you mention?

http://tinyurl.com/33gvr9r
    Trouble is, in London, if you want to stay off the big roads the navigation gets a lot more difficult.
    Can't be no worse than Bristol at times, just I know the shortcuts to use in Bristol
  • lost_in_thought
    Oooooh right! It's also the location of the Hammersmith tube - guess which one I tend to refer to it as?

And London no worse than Brizzle? Maybe so, but I reckon it's a shade bigger....
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    It is quite evil and multi laned but tis not too bad. I would/could be somewhere close by to either ignore it or meet up prior to RP.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Has a where whe and what time been decided yet?

If so, where, when and at what time?

If in Richmond Park and if laps are being ridden I may be able to make it.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    redvee wrote:

The roundabout you mention?

http://tinyurl.com/33gvr9r
    Can't be no worse than Bristol at times, just I know the shortcuts to use in Bristol

That's Hammersmith Roulette Wheel; four lanes to be chosen, seemingly at random and buses exiting / entering the bus station in the middle.

It's actually quite easy.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • redvee
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Has a where whe and what time been decided yet?

If so, where, when and at what time?

If in Richmond Park and if laps are being ridden I may be able to make it.

I'm up for a 12:30 meet at the cafe by Roehampton Gate due to the train getting in at 11:40ish. Can I add that if you're going to wear a cycling top then it has to be a retro design.
  • itsbruce
    itsbruce Posts: 221
    Now that the details are all sorted, can somebody put them into a stickied thread, which can be taken down after the event?
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    I'm in the Alps that weekend, bit of cycling, bit of TdeF, World Cup final - looks like being a great weekend! Will therefore have to adjourn to the SCR Christmas get together. :P
  • lost_in_thought
    Have updated details on P1, and asked mods to sticky.
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    Is 'The Coffee Shop' the one at Roehampton Gate or the one at Pembroke Lodge?

Or another I haven't thought of yet? :D
  • lost_in_thought
    ketsbaia wrote:
    Is 'The Coffee Shop' the one at Roehampton Gate or the one at Pembroke Lodge?

Or another I haven't thought of yet? :D

Blast! There are 2?!

The Roehampton Gate one. I shall update.
  • MonkeyMonster
    that in roehampton turn left and its on your left after 100 yards or so?
  • lost_in_thought
    It's the coffee shop. The one that's near roehampton gate in the park...............
  • MonkeyMonster
    never been to any coffee shop in RP - only ever really cycled past 1 object that had people outside and that was returning to roehampton gate from doing some anti-clockwise laps on the right.
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    Yeah, that's the one MM.
  • redvee
    Bums, no beer for me. Need to be back at Paddington for 16:00 and after my last encounter with bike and train in London I'll need mucho time to get back.
  • lost_in_thought
    I'm sure there's a good chance we'll be at the Roebuck earlier, but I wouldn't like people who don't want to do laps to be at the pub by themselves.
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    To keep my record intact, I will not be doing any laps so I'll bring a book to keep me occupied til yous lot return from your laps 8)

If the temp is less than 25 degrees, I'll bring a thick jumper just in case LiT wants us to inhale the good Richmond air for an hour or so (and the rest) :wink:
  • MonkeyMonster
    Cafewanda wrote:
    If the temp is less than 25 degrees, I'll bring a thick jumper just in case LiT wants us to inhale the good Richmond air for an hour or so (and the rest) :wink:

Don't worry cw, i'll give you a big sweaty hug so you can at least experience some of the laps bonuses :D
  • redvee
    Don't worry cw, i'll give you a big sweaty hug so you can at least experience some of the laps bonuses :D

You can have the honour of sweaty seconds. I'll be getting my sweaty palms on, the small but perfectly formed, CW first :lol: In fact CW can get the drinks in, we can text her the order and she'll have them ready for us as we arrive at the pub in a pool ofsweat.
  • Cafewanda
    Oy! I don't do PA work on a weekend, unless I'm getting triple time/drinks/DRY hugs :P
  • Oddjob62
    Oddjob62 Posts: 1,056
    Cafewanda wrote:
    To keep my record intact, I will not be doing any laps so I'll bring a book to keep me occupied til yous lot return from your laps 8)

After doing the Ladies L2B a couple of laps of RP will be easy.
    As yet unnamed (Dolan Seta)
    Joelle (Focus Expert SRAM)
  • Cafewanda
    Maybe but I'm doing a Park run that morning and a Skyride on the Sunday so need to save my legs.

That's my excuse anyway.
  • redvee
    Cafewanda wrote:
    Maybe but I'm doing a Park run that morning and a Skyride on the Sunday so need to shave my legs.

Fixed that for you :lol:
  • Cafewanda
    You are in so much trouble that day :P :)
  • Skippy2309
    Skippy2309 Posts: 426
    Need to check whether I am working, if I am its not gonna happen :evil:

If I am free I am gonna be coming down, I will be wanting to test out my nw CAAD9 properly or may just bring my lovely fixed gear... choices choices :P

whats the hill for the climb? that could sway my vote a little :P
    FCN: 5/6 Fixed Gear (quite rapid) in normal clothes and clips :D

Cannondale CAAD9 / Mongoose Maurice (heavily modified)
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    It's Broomfield Hill.

CAAD9? What's the ride like?
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."