SCR Summer Gathering 2010

Comments

• lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Clever Pun wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Going by last years utter state I got myself into I might just book into a local hotel for the night pref one attached to a pub :wink:

excellent bring your personal fairy again, that was funny as last time

:lol::lol:

Yep, it really was.

Maybe ask the Roebuck if they've got rooms...
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Clever Pun wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Going by last years utter state I got myself into I might just book into a local hotel for the night pref one attached to a pub :wink:

excellent bring your personal fairy again, that was funny as last time

:lol::lol:

Yep, it really was.

Maybe ask the Roebuck if they've got rooms...

Oh yes, the 'hedge as workstand'.... :D
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    Living room is rentable again if you want Boffo :)
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Living room is rentable again if you want Boffo :)

This ^ isn't wholly surprising
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Eau Rouge
    Eau Rouge Posts: 1,118
    Vo ist de Roebuck you speak off... I could so easily google but a little bored at work today :)
    Now leezen very care fully, I shalll zay zis only wonce
    Eet ees on ze hill overlooking ze fancy hotel und ze river. Eet ees very nice und has very effizient spaces for ze parking of ze bicycles.

fixed that for you.
  • lost_in_thought
    Eau Rouge wrote:
    Vo ist de Roebuck you speak off... I could so easily google but a little bored at work today :)
    Now leezen very care fully, I shalll zay zis only wonce
    Eet ees on ze hill overlooking ze fancy hotel und ze river. Eet ees very nice und has very effizient spaces for ze parking of ze bicycles.

fixed that for you.

FAIL.

La resistance were clearly French. Und zat ees clearly ein Cherman Akzent.
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    Sorry red, you are fail...

Try again :)
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Eau Rouge
    Eau Rouge Posts: 1,118
    Do you have any idea how long it's been since I've actually seen any 'Allo 'Allo?
    Youtube confirms the woman from the Resistance was indeed French though, so my bad.
  • lost_in_thought
    Eau Rouge wrote:
    Do you have any idea how long it's been since I've actually seen any 'Allo 'Allo?
    Youtube confirms the woman from the Resistance was indeed French though, so my bad.

It would have been a bit odd if she'd been German. :D
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    Right - I'll go to either - as have bike - will travel - but Regent's is closer to Paddington for traipsing back to Reading.

Either way though...

As for dates - can't do the 17th as I have a sportive on the 18th.

3rd and 10th are fine by me!
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • Clever Pun
    Eau Rouge wrote:

bet you remember the madonna though with the big....
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Eau Rouge wrote:

bet you remember the madonna though with the big....

Renee - vud you like a ride een my leetle tank?
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Rich158 wrote:
    I might just put a fly in the ointment for Regents Park. July will be well into theatre season, and my club has been warned by the park police that large groups of cyclists using the Inner Circle for training purposes won't be tolerated. Now I know we won't be training but it could be construed that way, and hassle with plod could ruin the day.

My vote goes to Richmond Park

A thespian/cyclist smackdown! Woo hoo!

There's perhaps another option: isn't there a pub opposite Hyde Park, near Lancaster Gate tube? The Swan or something. It's been about 12 years since I've been there and can't remember what the bike parking situation is, but any thoughts?
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    cjcp wrote:
    The Swan or something. It's been about 12 years since I've been there and
    can't remember what the bike parking situation is, but any thoughts?

Still called the Swan, looking at Google Street View there is a lack of railings/ puncture repair workshop space though.

http://tinyurl.com/The-SCR-Meet-2010
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • stuaff
    Bump time.....RP again is it?
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • Clever Pun
    StuAff wrote:

yeah but we'll do the ride clockwise this time, mix it up a bit
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Oddjob62
    Oddjob62 Posts: 1,056
    StuAff wrote:

It was always going to be RP ;)
    As yet unnamed (Dolan Seta)
    Joelle (Focus Expert SRAM)
  • redvee
    What date are we looking at? Still 10th July?
  • Matt the Tester
    Matt the Tester Posts: 1,261
    id come but i live alooooong way away in a sunny town called southport and i only can presume that you peeps live in lovely london :)
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Go on, come along. It's for a good cause: beer. :)
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    Suspect I'm likely to be busy, but when/where?
  • stuaff
    Aidy wrote:

July 10, if we go for the same plan as last year meeting up at the cafe in RP, then laps of the park, then the handily located Roebuck pub.
  • stuaff
    id come but i live alooooong way away in a sunny town called southport and i only can presume that you peeps live in lovely london :)

I don't live in London either..... :wink:
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    StuAff wrote:
    Aidy wrote:

July 10, if we go for the same plan as last year meeting up at the cafe in RP, then laps of the park, then the handily located Roebuck pub.

I think I may be in the Lake District (riding bikes, naturally) that weekend.
    Still, If not, and I'm not riding elsewhere, I'll be there :)
  • redvee
    Neither do I. The only problem with 10/07 is it clashes with Redvee Snrs' b'day. Card and it's sorted :oops: Will look at trains later. Strangely it's cheaper to buy a ticket to Waterloo and get off at Paddington :?
  • redvee
    Train booked for July 10th. Can somebody suggest a route from Paddington to Roehampton Gate that is cycle friendly, ie that doesn't mean I hit some of the faster roads. Google took me some strange ways.
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    redvee wrote:
    Train booked for July 10th. Can somebody suggest a route from Paddington to Roehampton Gate that is cycle friendly, ie that doesn't mean I hit some of the faster roads. Google took me some strange ways.
    Might be quicker to change at Reading, and get the Waterloo train, which stops at Richmond. Then you're 10-15 mins ride from Roehampton Gate, most of which is through the park.

Barnes station is closer, but the Reading train won't stop there, so you'd have to change again...
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • redvee
    Just looked at that option and the train from Brizzle I'm booked on doesn't really give me the option. I'll have 1 minute to change at Reading which FGW won't permit with their timekeeping :( Will play with googlemaps later
  • TGOTB wrote:
    redvee wrote:
    Might be quicker to change at Reading, and get the Waterloo train, which stops at Richmond. Then you're 10-15 mins ride from Roehampton Gate, most of which is through the park.

Barnes station is closer, but the Reading train won't stop there, so you'd have to change again...

Train from Reading to Richmond takes an age.

I would have thought head south through Hyde Park and keep going south until you hit Kings Road/New Kings Road. Stay on this then go over Putney Bridge, right onto Lower Richmond Road/Queens Ride(CJCP's commute route?), onto Upper Richmond Road, and then turn left onto Priory Lane and you enter Richmond Park at Roehampton Gate (top right of the park).
  • lost_in_thought
    Yep, I'd go south through HP, but I'd then hop onto High Street Kensington, and follow it to Hammersmith (use the ped x-ings if it's too busy at the roundabout) then onto King Street, along the Chiswick High Road, then left onto heathfield terrace onto sutton court road, cross over the A4 (lights to help you there) carry on to the river, hang a left onto Chertsey Road to cross the river (cycle paths) then you're basically in Richmond. I can never remember which one on the map Roehampton is....