Crudcatcher Ride @ Llandegla 24/4

Comments

• Less than 24hrs to go :D

Filling up on pasta tonight :lol:
  • pastey_boy
    pastey_boy Posts: 2,083
    i find the cafes double expresso gets me up and going. just got all me new bits on ready for the morning :D
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Orange Clockwork 2007 ltd ed
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • -liam-
    -liam- Posts: 1,831
    pastey_boy wrote:
    i find the cafes double expresso gets me up and going. just got all me new bits on ready for the morning :D

I'm pondering whether I should even clean mine. Its got a very dusty look about it from Coed y Brenin last Friday and up the woods on Sunday and Wednesday....

No need I think :lol:
  • pastey_boy
    -Liam- wrote:
    pastey_boy wrote:

I'm pondering whether I should even clean mine. Its got a very dusty look about it from Coed y Brenin last Friday and up the woods on Sunday and Wednesday....

No need I think :lol:
    but im assuming you didnt plough through a huge dog turd like me yesterday. :?
    better get the hose out methinks
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • -liam-
    ewww, burn it....

And the dog

:lol:
  • -liam-
    Where was you all ?!! :lol:

Just got home. Fab day. I got there about 10.45 and met up with Mysteryh (Earl) and we hung around outside the visitor centre till about 11.40ish. Think both of us were both looking out for bigbenj' white P7 but nowt so we headed out.

Moment of drama was me taking a jump a little to quickly and having a big off. Lovely lump on my right thigh which is currently dead and seizing up everytime I stop moving and a few grazes here and there. Thanks to the couple of chaps that stopped and helped me back up the bank and collected my bike while I got my breathing sorted :lol::lol:

Finished the rest no probs doing all the black sections dragging my leg behind me(I'm after sympathy here), good stuff though :lol: and we went and sat outside the visitor centre drinking coffee and eating cake. Caught sight of bigbenj and who I assume was cat with no tail 2 mins before we headed off...Assume you chaps were heading up to the jump tracks.

Off for beer and bbq now to numb the pain ;)
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Ah Ha!
    I woz there at the same time the lack of shouting ment we didn't meet up Webbo!/Potato
    anyway CWNT and Ben showed up at around 12.30 and the 3 of us set off to be met up by pasty_boy just after the first diversion.
    As you know lads the weather was excellent and the riding fine took us a few hours to get around as numerous stops for chatting/ playing on skills sections etc.

Cwnt/ Ben did you just shoot of to catch a ferry - went and grabbed a coffee then you'd disappeared :!:
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • zedhead
    zedhead Posts: 109
    As I had to be home shortly after 1 I went early, got there at 10.20-ish and had to try to push on and get the red under my belt before noon. Nearly bloody killed myself going up, even though I was overtaken my every man, woman, child and his dog...
    Made better progress on the downhills though, passed a few that had flown pass me on the ups... which pleased me! :D
    Early Orange 5, Felt Z85, Scott Thicko, modified Giant full suss (both nicked)- beat-up single-speed rigid 1992 Saracen (scrapped), and various 2-wheelers with big engines
  • Richie63 wrote:
    Ah Ha!
    I woz there at the same time the lack of shouting ment we didn't meet up Webbo!/Potato
    anyway CWNT and Ben showed up at around 12.30 and the 3 of us set off to be met up by pasty_boy just after the first diversion.
    As you know lads the weather was excellent and the riding fine took us a few hours to get around as numerous stops for chatting/ playing on skills sections etc.

Cwnt/ Ben did you just shoot of to catch a ferry - went and grabbed a coffee then you'd disappeared :!:

Ay good day :D

Sorry I was a bit slow today... just couldn't get hydrated and my granny ring was PISSING me off..... I want a bigger one! :(

Well we went over to the skills area by the car lol. Had a little play on there and went and slowly packed the car :)

Got back to the ferry about 6pm so spot on timing!

Great day out guys, really enjoyed it.... should do it again sometime!

Rich, get them photos up haha. I wanna see my fail-face on the climb :lol:
  • Yo dudes, just got back in.

Fully awesome day despite my severe lack of mad skillz and rolling most of the black :oops: Should definately do it again!!!!!!!

Just looking through some of the cam footage, nothing special, but I'll do an edit and stick it up when I get chance.

Pastey, don't forget that you NEED one of those cameras! :lol:

Right, I'm thirsty now so I'm off to milk a badger. :lol:
  • hehe.... Vanessa Feltz!
  • Here's the only picture I took all day:

degla.jpg

Here is Richie63 being a motorbike :lol:
    http://www.vimeo.com/11197194

And here is a quick edit of some of the footage I got on the camera (if you don't like AC/DC you're best watching with the sound off :oops: )
    http://www.vimeo.com/11203021
  • hahaha major LOL at Rich :lol:

Check out my boardwalk fail!! Damn I couldn't figure out my bloody gears. Half tempted to sack off the granny ring!
  • Richie63
    Right a few of the photos
    P4240049.jpg
    and we can't ride till we've compared each and every bit :)
    P4240050.jpg
    A sterling pose from Matt
    P4240053.jpg
    A fine end of ride face from Ben
    P4240063.jpg
  • haha classic :D

Can't believe how long we were stood on that berm for :lol:
  • Richie63
    2 days :roll:
  • Richie63
    In fact it was only when I fell of my bike we moved on :lol:
  • We had to wait for the comedy moment.... your timing was aweful :lol:
  • Richie63
    Class day though :D
  • pastey_boy
    not forgetting ben doing one with my lock rings and rear mech :evil: ........... on a plus note i discovered my next gadget and saved a young boy from certain death ha ha ha ha
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • pastey_boy wrote:
    not forgetting ben doing one with my lock rings and rear mech :evil: ........... on a plus note i discovered my next gadget and saved a young boy from certain death ha ha ha ha

PM me your details and I'll send you the lock rings :P

Aint having my mech though biatch :lol:
  • Richie63 "Falling off" implies that you were moving at the time. "Falling over" is more accurate I'd say :lol::wink:

I just had a thought, that kid drank the water from that bottle having assumed the bag had been left there by someone. But that bag was full of rubbish! He's probably got dysentery now.

"yeh, it's pretty good for a rental bike" *SNAP* :lol: Best. Timing. Ev-Ar!
  • pastey_boy
    i think whinlatter has to be next boys. ben send me your paypal addy and i will send you a couple of english quids to cover postage for them lockrings. the rental bike saga was indeed funny. but the bravery of the young dehydrated idiots drinking from that bottle has to be daft moment of the ride ! gotta go now im fitting a new bb, stem, frontmech and barend caps to the beast. managed to track down a pimpy red/black sdg belair saddle too. ben and cat you missed out on sweet burgers too. and richie actually stole another persons meal :shock:
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • pastey_boy wrote:
    i think whinlatter has to be next boys. ben send me your paypal addy and i will send you a couple of english quids to cover postage for them lockrings. the rental bike saga was indeed funny. but the bravery of the young dehydrated idiots drinking from that bottle has to be daft moment of the ride ! gotta go now im fitting a new bb, stem, frontmech and barend caps to the beast. managed to track down a pimpy red/black sdg belair saddle too. ben and cat you missed out on sweet burgers too. and richie actually stole another persons meal :shock:

Those burgers did indeed sound tasty, but I didnt want to eat too early as I knew I'd not be getting home until late.

I'll probably not be doing another one now until next year (unless you count Bike Radar Live in July).

I'm quite liking the idea of taking a few days and doing Inners and Glentress. Could rent a Transit or double cab pickup or something and all go up in that. Could even stop off at Whinlatter on the way up there.
  • Itsari
    Itsari Posts: 346
    Did some kid drink some sewer juice or something then?

I'll have to try harder to get to the next crudcatcher meet up (over slept for this one!)

Looked like you lot had a good day :D
  • mrfmilo
    mrfmilo Posts: 2,250
    Looks like you had fun :lol:

Any ideas where we could have a forum ride further down south? :P
  • Richie63
    Hi all I didn't technically steal the meal as I never got a chance to eat any of it before the owner stole it back :(
    I've been trying to get some video footage on to you all and have got it on Vimeo -Richard Brooks, not quite found out how to link to this page yet. Just give me a mo and I'll sort it out.
    Pasty-boy yeah I'll do Whinlatter given Half a chance but back to work next monday so best time for me after the 18/05 the for 2 weeks.
  • pastey_boy wrote:

Those burgers did indeed sound tasty, but I didnt want to eat too early as I knew I'd not be getting home until late.

I'll probably not be doing another one now until next year (unless you count Bike Radar Live in July).

I'm quite liking the idea of taking a few days and doing Inners and Glentress. Could rent a Transit or double cab pickup or something and all go up in that. Could even stop off at Whinlatter on the way up there.
    Roooaaaaaddd trriiiipppp!!!
  • Richie63
    Get a Date :D:D
  • I shall get some ideas/prices tonight haha!

Oh and i'll definately need to take 2 bikes :lol:
    Which meeaaannnsssssss..................................................... :D