Crudcatcher Ride @ Llandegla 24/4

Comments

• phoebian
    phoebian Posts: 497
    I'll be in Surrey, unless you want to pay for my petrol ? :)
  • Pfft, distance is no excuse, I'm crossing an entire SEA just to come along. MTFU!
  • phoebian
    You must have more money than me :)
  • so who's coming then? I've lost track!
  • Well, if you include all the maybes:

So far, there should be the following people:
    Ben
    Phoebian
    Caz
    Richie63
    Zedhead
    Bails
    Pastey Boy
    Liam
    Oh, and me

As yet, the Athertons and Peaty are still down as a maybe

If we can get some more people to come then I stand a good chance of not being the slowest one there.
  • sparrowlegs78
    sparrowlegs78 Posts: 2,583
    Ahum, who put me down as coming? :lol:...gotta check if the driver will go that way again, we only went a week ago :D
    Caz xx
  • phoebian
    I'm only coming if someone pays for my petrol. About £70 should do it.
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Phoebian
    Get yourself to sheffield and \i'll give you a lift, should make it abit more reasonable
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • Well, if you include all the maybes:

So far, there should be the following people:
    Ben
    Phoebian
    Caz
    Richie63
    Zedhead
    Bails
    Pastey Boy
    Liam
    Oh, and me

As yet, the Athertons and Peaty are still down as a maybe

If we can get some more people to come then I stand a good chance of not being the slowest one there.

Ha, if you want slow I'll tag along, I must warn you though, I took three hours plus getting round the red last week with Caz and Phoebian, and Phoebian did it in just over two on the second lap when I dropped out.

Saying that I know the route now so you can leave me behind if you want.
  • 6 days :D any more takers?

you ready cwnt? :lol:
  • lesz42
    lesz42 Posts: 690
    am there pretty much every weekend, just started doing the red again, iam not fast in any sense of the word

gps info, 1 hour 21 moving time, 1 hour 6, chatting time, says the gps :D
    Giant Trance X0 (08) Reverb, Hope Hoops 5.1D, XT brakes, RQ BC, Works Components headset 1.5
  • bigbenj_08 wrote:
    6 days :D any more takers?

Hells yeah!

456 is now dialled in, was going to fit some new pads tomorrow, but I only seem to have organic pads left and it's forecast rain for sat.
    I've ordered some sintered pads from superstar, but with no flights coming in to the island, I'm not sure they'll be here in time to get them bedded in.
  • maloo
    maloo Posts: 214
    I might tag along for this as well
  • bigbenj_08 wrote:
    6 days :D any more takers?

Hells yeah!

456 is now dialled in, was going to fit some new pads tomorrow, but I only seem to have organic pads left and it's forecast rain for sat.
    I've ordered some sintered pads from superstar, but with no flights coming in to the island, I'm not sure they'll be here in time to get them bedded in.

Goody goody :)

Glad I rode this weekend, need to work on a few things to get used to the bike lol...
    Climbing - I have no idea how to properly climb with such a light front end in the granny gear :lol:
    Gearing - still getting used to having over 9 gears and the Sram shifters
    Airtime - still building confidence with the bike to get some air.... Llandegla has some great places to get air so i'm hoping I won't pussy out!

Just need to get some foam for the bikes on the car.... took a deep bit of paint off the tailgate with my forks... gutted!

Probably have to remove pedals to get the bikes on the car btw :P
  • I'll bring my spanner to remove my spuds then.

Glad you mentioned climbing, reminds me I need to shift my saddle forward a bit.

Gearing - I know what you mean, took me a while to get used to not having the 2-way shifiting my old shimano stuff had, kept missing gears :lol:

Airtime - I generally stay planted to the ground, usually with the wheels, but sometimes with my face. I am most certainly NOT a jumper! To be perfectly honest, jumping scares the shlt out of me because I have no idea how to control the bike in the air and tend to land quite hard. Thing is, we dont have anywhere to practice jumps here so it's never something I've needed to learn.
    I'll still give it a go though, why not.

What foam? I can see if I can get some in my camelbak if you tell me what I need.

Also, will I need my kneepads? :? Bought them months ago and never actually worn them. :lol:
  • Well i'll bring my toolbox anyways so you might as well save some weight in your pack!

re jumping... we can have a play on the skills loop area for a bit if you want, there some small jumps/doubles, some nice berms and some technical climbs. Nice to warm up on too :)

Like I said before, theres nothing that you can't roll/bypass tbh so I wouldn't worry :)

Ahh.. foam as in pipe insulation foam from B+Q :lol: Will wrap it around forks/frame to stop any scratches from transportation!

I always wear my kneepads no matter where I ride :) Had a nasty fall at Grizedale on some boardwalk... had I have not worn them I would have taken my kneecap off, so I never ride without kneepads, helmet or gloves as a minimum :)
  • Furry muff then, will leave spanner at home.

If you want to have a dlck about in the skills area first I'm up for that, whatever you want really, I'm not fussed either way. :D

Doubt pipe insulation will fit in my camelbak lol, I'll see what I can do though.

May as well bring the pads with me then, cant hurt I guess. 8)
  • LOL dw about the pipe insulation!!! I'm gonna go get loads tonight!
  • mystery h
    mystery h Posts: 154
    wouldn't mind joining you all at llandegla on sat, weather forecast is great
  • pastey_boy
    pastey_boy Posts: 2,083
    on a side note i have an absolute shed load of bits to get rid of. if anyone needs anything then let me know and i can bring them along. 2 birds one stone perhaps.
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Orange Clockwork 2007 ltd ed
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • Sorry, I will no longer be able to make it :cry:

The thieving ferry company has seen increased volume since all flights on/off the island were cancelled. This means the price of my ticket (which I already paid for) has more than doubled if I want to keep my seat.

Much as I'd like to join you all, the cost to get there would be too silly for it to be worth my while at this point.

Maybe another time.

Have a great day all :D
  • pastey_boy
    pastey_boy Posts: 2,083
    can they do that as youve already paid :shock:
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Orange Clockwork 2007 ltd ed
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • Yep, it's in their T&Cs. You see, they get around normal rules because the normal price they charge, is classed as a special offer fare. As such, they can add extra clauses into the conditions which mean they can withdraw the "special offer" at any time before the boat sails.

This is what happens when a government enters into a monopoly deal with a company. The Steam packet have a single user agreement with the manx government, meaning no other ferry operator is allowed to offer services to IOM. This basically gives the steam packet free range to to wtf they want.

One of the penalties for living on a small Island :wink:
  • Well, it looks like my kicking off worked.

I just had a phone call saying that as a "gesture of good will" they are going to keep my sailing as it was, and not charge any extra.

RIDE ON!

:D
  • Itsari
    Itsari Posts: 346
    If I can muster up the will power/funds I may get up there...Been meaning to sample the North for some time now.
  • Cat With No Tail
    haha :D
    glad you can make it fella! I've already fueled up the brum so that i'm not late on saturday :lol:

I'm terrible for forgetting my car needs petrol to move hahaha!

Off to B+Q tonight to pick up supplies!
  • Itsari wrote:
    If I can muster up the will power/funds I may get up there...Been meaning to sample the North for some time now.
    get on it fella :D

If the weather is anything like it was in the lakes last saturday, it's gonna be perfect conditions for a ride!
  • I think my wife needs to make some cakes to celebrate this ride.

She dosent know it yet, but I'll inform her later on.

I've also just been to the LBS to stock up on energy gel and drinks.

Not because I'm ghey, but because I have to be up at 5am to get the boat, then wont get home until about 11pm. :wink:
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    I'm defo tirning up if i can ever get a flight home this week its all going a bit pearshaped out in the sunny north Sea.
    If not another ride maybe
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg