Crudcatcher Ride @ Llandegla 24/4

Comments

• You still stuck out there Richie?

Any word on when they might be able to get the choppers up?
  • lesz42
    lesz42 Posts: 690
    er, where/when we going to meet up? what time? i am there from 9am wear a rose or something!? :D

outside the center, shouting bike radar?
    Giant Trance X0 (08) Reverb, Hope Hoops 5.1D, XT brakes, RQ BC, Works Components headset 1.5
  • I'll be the one on a bike

:lol:

Nah, should be there about 11ish I think.

I've got my rather unique 456 and Ben has his rather distinctive P7.

In the carpark I guess? (never been to 'degla before so I've no idea about meeting spots)
  • carpark/play area :P

should be there about 11:15... so gettng ready for about 11:45... probs stay on the play park till at least 12!!
  • lesz42
    lesz42 Posts: 690
    things may change for me, but i guess i will do the blue for a warm up, and be back at 11 at the cafe
    Giant Trance X0 (08) Reverb, Hope Hoops 5.1D, XT brakes, RQ BC, Works Components headset 1.5
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    :D Looks like I'm Flying today
    12.45 check in
    See You Saturday
    Let's have some decent meet details
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • Ok Ok....

Proper plans.

Meet around 11:15 at 'degla.
    We'll be in a blue Peugeot 206, as cwnt said, the bikes a fairly distinctive lol.

We'll hang around for a bit getting the bikes ready and then head over to the skills area... so if we aren't in the carpark, we'll probably be in there.... I guess the latest we'll kick of is 11:45 to 12.

The codeword is "+ potato" with the response being "webbo". :lol:
  • zedhead
    zedhead Posts: 109
    bigbenj_08 wrote:
    Ok Ok....

I'll not be getting there 'til 1.30pm at the earliest, as waiting for step-son to finish his Sat morning job - although he's been a git this week with regards to homework, so he may yet get grounded and I could be there in the am... :wink:
    Early Orange 5, Felt Z85, Scott Thicko, modified Giant full suss (both nicked)- beat-up single-speed rigid 1992 Saracen (scrapped), and various 2-wheelers with big engines
  • bigbenj_08 wrote:
    Ok Ok....

Thanks for that, I just spat coffee all over my keyboard reading that.

zedhead Just D-lock the cu............then again, maybe not :wink: See you there.

Richie63 Glad to hear it. Can you bring me back a couple of bottles of gas as a souvenier (sp)?
  • -liam-
    -liam- Posts: 1,831
    Right so, nobody knows what anyone else looks like. And the current plan is to walk around the hundreds of people that are likely to be there at 11am on a saturday morning saying +potatoe?
    I don't see a problem in that at all :D
    I'm the fat tw at in a dirty black vectra with a blue and white kona kula. I'll be there at 11 btw ;)
  • mrfmilo
    mrfmilo Posts: 2,250
    Air horn is your answer. Or take a mega phone and shout, ''potato'' / ''webbo'' / ''I'm sick of....''

:D
  • hmm.. I know what i'm going to do :D

I'm going to print "+ Potato" and "Webbo" on some A4 and stick in in the car windows :lol:

I might even laminate one so I can stick it to the bike carrier haha! Just need to know what floor the laminator is on!
  • bigbenj_08 wrote:
    hmm.. I know what i'm going to do :D

I'm going to print "+ Potato" and "Webbo" on some A4 and stick in in the car windows :lol:

I might even laminate one so I can stick it to the bike carrier haha! Just need to know what floor the laminator is on!

Right, I reckon I'm going to write "WEBBO!" on the back of an old race plate and fasten it to the bike then.
  • pastey_boy
    pastey_boy Posts: 2,083
    im sure if we all look for the gayest bikes we will be fine.
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Orange Clockwork 2007 ltd ed
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • :lol:

I'll get printing!
  • pastey_boy wrote:
    im sure if we all look for the gayest bikes we will be fine.

Oi!

Steel is Real boyo! None of your namby pamby Ti round here thank you very much.

Real mens bikes for real men!

• pastey_boy
    might turn up on the birds p7. just built it for her and its looking bloody nice although i have a load of new bits on the ti that need running in. im sure all the magpies will be following your bike
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • Nah can you bring a Ti?

My next frame is to be Ti, but i've never stroked one before :lol:
  • pastey_boy
    but i could show you what a white p7 could look like ha ha ha
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • Richie63
    Still Here. Check in moved for a 17.30 lift
    On the choice of bike I rode it not long back on the hard tail, my FS seems like over kill ...So might dust off my hardly used Trek 970 from 1991 still with original brake pads and bring that for a giggle. It's a Red one.
    I'm drivig a silver mondeo estate 04
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Sorry guys I'm not going to be able to make it. I forgot that I'd already promised to go to a mates housewarming shindig in Laandaaaaan.

Was looking forward to it as well. But I think I'll be going on the 16th May with the HOMBRES (check my sig) and I'm sure others will be welcome to that.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • bails87 wrote:
    Blah blah blah...I suck balls...Blah blah blah

Whatever.

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    bails87 wrote:
    Blah blah blah...I suck balls...Blah blah blah

Whatever.

I know. I'm sorry!

Had an awesome weekend in Wales at Nant-yr-Arian and the Climachx, I'd love to go back, but London's calling. Grey, smoky, smelly, busy, crowded, sweaty, angry London.......great.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    LLandegla isnt a propper trail center, its too smooth, its for wimps! :wink:
    id still like to come mind... but no brakes and living at the other end of the country without a car is kina stoping that....
    I like bikes and stuff
  • joshtp
    what i meant to say was :

why not have one in Afan for a change?

i can go then!

also, if we do, i want ben to come so i can tease him about having the wrong frame.
    :wink::lol:

and CWNT cuz i want to steal his bike, but sheepsteeth is banned cuz he'll just blab on about FS spech's :wink:
    I like bikes and stuff
  • joshtp/mbukman
    Maybe when i move to cardiff :wink:
  • joshtp
    are you gonna be comin' down this way then?
    I like bikes and stuff
  • Richie63
    Hey Josh
    As far as i was aware this thread started from a general invite from two mates who were meeting up.
    If you want a meet in Afan or close by why don't you select a weekend and put up a post I for one would like to cycle there if I knew there were others meeting up, it would make my journey worthwhile.
  • -liam-
    -liam- Posts: 1,831
    If people arent sure of meeting points at Llandegla, there are plenty of tables and benches outside of the visitor centre.
  • are you gonna be comin' down this way then?
    yep... have had plans to mover there since last August.... waiting for the Mrs to get a fcuking job though!