Your Anti-Rants here

Comments

• First full commute on my new SUB 30. Everything fine apart from the wall-of-mud headwind, and the harsh ride due to the LBS pumping the tyres up to 300psi.

Actually this turned into more of a pro-rant....
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    kool stop brake blocks, thank you.

Without them this morn I'd have been truly splatted, not anyones fault but by own, heading onto a roundabout at speed, thinking I could make it round as there's never any cars coming around, when out of the corner of my eye I spot one, I'm still thinking I can make it, up until the point I realise I can't :oops: ; hence the thank you to kool stops.

edit: anyone know a good laundry service
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Are you supposed to enjoy riding through mini-rivers? My route to work had a few created during the pouring rain this morning and, whilst I wasn't confident enough to take my feet off the pedals a la Bonnie and Clyde style, I had a very large grin on my face as I deliberately rode through them :D

Hope it rains on the homeward journey :lol:
  • Big Wib
    Big Wib Posts: 363
    Cafewanda wrote:
    Are you supposed to enjoy riding through mini-rivers? My route to work had a few created during the pouring rain this morning and, whilst I wasn't confident enough to take my feet off the pedals a la Bonnie and Clyde style, I had a very large grin on my face as I deliberately rode through them :D

Hope it rains on the homeward journey :lol:

Isn't that a bit dangerous for you or does the bike take you up to a more normal height :wink:

runs away before ankles get kicked
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,671
    Snorkel?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Cafewanda
    OK ok, so for me they were mini-rivers. For everybody else they are puddles :P :P

*muttermutterIhatebigwibandwilltakehislegsoffoneday* :(
  • Big Wib
    Big Wib Posts: 363
    rjsterry wrote:
    Snorkel?

Do keyboards keep working even with coffee spluttered across them?
  • Cafewanda
    rjsterry wrote:
    Snorkel?

CP!!! Tell him off please :evil: :P
  • rjsterry
    Cafewanda wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    Snorkel?

Hey, at least you rode in. I have PT to look forward to - and I've only myself to blame. :oops:
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• Cafewanda
    Good! :twisted:

Tomorrow all will be forgiven :)
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Cafewanda wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    Snorkel?

no need you're more man (yeah I know) than he is :lol: the PT taking fairy

Today I had a few close encounters with a lorry and each time the driver was very courteous and patient... enough to make me want to ring the how am I driving hotline and give a compliment. Was a little annoyed that it was a hire van so I couldn't give them the extra thanks I thought they deserved
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • rjsterry
    Jeez, my second day on PT in about 4 months and I'm the forum whipping boy. I'm off to General <flounce>.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• Clever Pun
    rjsterry wrote:
    Jeez, my second day on PT in about 4 months and I'm the forum whipping boy. I'm off to General <flounce>.

serious-cat.jpg
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • rjsterry
    :lol: Can't beat a good cat photo.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• Clever Pun
    rjsterry wrote:
    :lol: Can't beat a good cat photo.

they're scared of the rain too
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Clever Pun wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

serious-cat.jpg

Pfft, beat you by an hour
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopi ... &start=131

lolcatcaf9e1621a00166e1.jpg
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Took my six year old to playgroup yesterday morning, she on her Islabike Beinn, me following on the fixie. About 7km ride with a couple of good hills. Sun blazing down feeling proud of my little girl (longest ride ever for her), not caring that I've got a pink barbie rucksack on my back and loving the ride.

After work I went and picked her up again on the bikes. This time we rode home in the misting rain, stopping only for lemonade and crisps (well alright, I had a pint) with just as big grins!

Good day. :D
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    SimonAH wrote:
    Took my six year old to playgroup yesterday morning, she on her Islabike Beinn, me following on the fixie. About 7km ride with a couple of good hills. Sun blazing down feeling proud of my little girl (longest ride ever for her), not caring that I've got a pink barbie rucksack on my back and loving the ride.

After work I went and picked her up again on the bikes. This time we rode home in the misting rain, stopping only for lemonade and crisps (well alright, I had a pint) with just as big grins!

Your 6 year old rode 7km? Chaupeau(-ette)! That's just plain cool.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • rjsterry
    SimonAH wrote:

I'd like to book me one of those for 5 years time, please. Well done mini-SimonAH, too.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• Clever Pun
    dhope wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

serious-cat.jpg

Pfft, beat you by an hour
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopi ... &start=131

lolcatcaf9e1621a00166e1.jpg

I know but mine was a direct dig at rjsterry and the official serious cat... not some imposter (although kudos for the bike)
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • HVRNR
    HVRNR Posts: 20
    Just returned form a family holiday in Brittany and what a huge difference in the attitudes of drivers towards cyclists. After cycling in London for several years It felt like being on another planet. Cars regulalry stopped an allowed you to pull out or cross the road to get on the wealth of dediciated cycle paths.

I'm now back in London and have returned to the realities of white van man and blind pedestrians.
    Some days you wake and immediately start to worry, nothing in particular is wrong its just the feeling that forces are quietly aligning and there will be trouble

Felt Z35
    FCN 4
  • Cafewanda
    Welcome home :)
  • mudcovered
    mudcovered Posts: 725
    Well that was a nice ride this morning. Clear blue sky, perfect temperature and pretty much no traffic for the entire ride. When the weather is good you really can't beat a nice cross country commute. The only downside. I didn't want to take the turning to go into work. :D

Mike
  • waddlie
    waddlie Posts: 542
    My new bike is fucking awesome.
    Rules are for fools.
  • Got a broad grin and thumbs up from a police van as I pulled aside on the A316 and traffic behind followed suit so the police could go straight though.
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    I did leave my backpack in the van and not in the car park. So wont have to buy a new pump, multi tool and patches as well as the backpack.

Phew!
  • marchant
    marchant Posts: 362
    In a similar vein;

I just went to put my 1 week-old lights on my bike to ride home and found they weren't in my bag :(

But they were still on my bike where I left them :D
    Hooray
  • navt
    navt Posts: 374
    Teenage girl said thank you as I stopped (from a blistering 25 mph) to let her cross at a pedestrian crossing. There is hope for our future generation.

I was obeying the law. She was simply being polite.
  • thanks to the guy in a pale blue car on Cannon St that held back to let me pull out past a parked car...he anticipated my move out so cheers for that. and again, thanks to the same guy who let me pull round a bus on Tooley St (yes, I beat him over LB :lol: ) ....and thanks to the very same guy for the entertainment as we kept leapfrogging each other all the way to Deptford..........best bit.....by bike is quicker :lol::lol::lol: he got stuck in a traffic jam by the fire station and I kinda felt sorry for him. wish there were more drivers like you mate.
  • jds_1981
    jds_1981 Posts: 1,858
    Woohoo - looks like it isn't going to be a wet commuting week after all.
    FCN 9 || FCN 5