BE WARNED !!!!

Comments

• Having been left nonplussed by all that "I blame Wiggle" banter on other threads until coming across this one only today, I feel left out and generally cross. Where can I complain?
  • Try Road Beginners? They are always helpful on there...........unlike here.
    The older I get the faster I was
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Having been left nonplussed by all that "I blame Wiggle" banter on other threads until coming across this one only today, I feel left out and generally cross. Where can I complain?
    Even though the thread is a few years old i think your line of complaint is with wiggle. They should compensate you for that lack of communication, it's just shoddy customer service!
  • siamon
    siamon Posts: 274
    I bought a new bike from Wiggle!

I spent months test riding about 10 different bikes before I found absolute perfection, the lbs wouldn't match the Wiggle price so I cheekily trousered a few hundred quid of savings and eagerly waited for it's arrival. The box was pristine, I carefully opened to reveal my beautiful new bike and:

It was (not quite) perfect!!!!!

There was a crack visible in the top tube lacquer, the seat-post was scratched to buggery, the handlebars were clearly second hand, the chainset was scratched and there were other minor scratches on the forks, frame etc.

Wiggle did offer me some vouchers to make up for the disappointment of taking delivery of a bike that looked as though it had been kicked around the car park, but as the manufacturer had confirmed in writing that any visual defect on the frame would need to undergo radiographic and ultrasonic testing I felt that returning the two wheeled perfection was my only option. The purchase price was refunded in full.

Devastated didn't quite sum up my mood, so I consoled myself by spending double the amount on another bike, which whilst being vastly superior to my ability, and rather harsh, is gradually dragging me out of my depression.

Wiggle did start the first 6 or so emails with the phrase "we apologise for your inconvenience" but never for shipping a bike in that state. In reality they didn't give a monkeys about my inconvenience and the phrase rather stuck in the throat.

On the other hand, the Zoggs swimming trunks I previously ordered arrived quickly, in new condition complete with sweets. Just a shame about the bike.

I'm not on the the right thread am I?
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    ^^

Judging by your reply here: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30005&t=12813518 I'd say not.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • My girlfriend left me today! She said I was always looking to blame others for my own mistakes...

I blame Wiggle....
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    25297d1309921005-intruder-recall-zombie-thread.jpg

I just read this for the first time and I feel it's unfair, as many have mentioned before me, that I missed the boat on this one.
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    It would be more appropriate for this thread to be a Stcky, rather than one called "Christmas Stocking" now that it's January.
  • bartimaeus
    bartimaeus Posts: 1,812
    I hope you have all read DO SOMETHING!!!! as well. The two threads need to be enjoyed together.
    Vitus Sentier VR+ (2018) GT Grade AL 105 (2016)
    Giant Anthem X4 (2010) GT Avalanche 1.0 (2010)
    Kingley Vale and QECP Trail Collective - QECP Trail Building
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Oh yeah. They're like Rum and Lime.
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    Bartimaeus wrote:
    I hope you have all read DO SOMETHING!!!! as well. The two threads need to be enjoyed together.

I missed this one!
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    <INNOCENTLY>Was this issue ever resolved?</INNOCENTLY>
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    the answers a bit like haircuts

demotivational-posters-haircuts.jpg
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • velohutts
    velohutts Posts: 288
    got a small pack of haribo with a new bike.

WIGGLE - be warned !!
    Enigma Esprit Di2 - Go tI ! Summer !
  • lawrences
    lawrences Posts: 1,011
    I bought some cassettes from wiggle. I couldn't get a single one of them to play in my Walkman. I was left devastated.

Rang customer services but there phone line now has a press 1 if you're a bike radar forum user, then it just hangs up.

Wiggle'd
  • ct8282
    ct8282 Posts: 414
    An ha ha ha. You've been Wiggled. That phrase will stick for all eternity.
  • lawrences wrote:
    I bought some cassettes from wiggle. I couldn't get a single one of them to play in my Walkman. I was left devastated.

Rang customer services but there phone line now has a press 1 if you're a bike radar forum user, then it just hangs up.

Wiggle'd

Actually just laughed out loud! :lol:
    Whyte 29-CS • Canyon Ultimate • #CCWMTB • Strava Profile
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    To save me the bother of wading through 21 pages of this thread who can give me a brief synopsis, is it worth getting stuck into?

:wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    arran77 wrote:
    To save me the bother of wading through 21 pages of this thread who can give me a brief synopsis, is it worth getting stuck into?

Something's are worth the investment in time to read :)
  • arran77
    matthew h wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

Bugger, I was almost motivated when I arrived at work but now you throw that at me, I think I'll have a read later once I have achieved some work stuff :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,420
    arran77 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

Bugger, I was almost motivated when I arrived at work but now you throw that at me, I think I'll have a read later once I have achieved some work stuff :wink:
    How can you be motivated to work on the 8th of January? What's wrong with you! I feel like developing a drinking habit and getting sacked to relieve the boredom.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Since the holidays, I have had a severe lack of enthusiasm. As I have received parcels from CRC, Prendas and Ribble, it can only be Wiggles fault as I have not received Harribo with any of the orders.
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    Since the holidays, I have had a severe lack of enthusiasm. As I have received parcels from CRC, Prendas and Ribble, it can only be Wiggles fault as I have not received Harribo with any of the orders.

I was too tired to go out today - watched the Tour instead. I'm sure if Wiggle had sent me Haribos recently, I'd have had more energy. Be warned.
  • Had some iced tea from ProBikeKit, won't be using them again
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • arran77 wrote:

Speed King buys bike from Wiggle and happily rides it for 3 months.

He then takes his bike to an incompetent mechanic who breaks his new seatpost, blames it on Wiggle, and makes some stuff up about Wiggle sending out shoddy secondhand parts and re-spraying frames, just for good measure. Speed King is thoroughly appalled at this Frankenstein creation he has been sold.

After some correspondence, and Wiggle agreeing to inspect the perfectly good bike, an unknown deal then takes place. Either:

a). The customer receives complimentary gifts as a gesture of good will.
    b). The customer is threatened with legal action and told under no uncertain terms not to speak of it again.

Speed King refuses to disclose how it was concluded.

The next 15 pages consists of mildly funny piss-taking, with a brief interruption to unveil a thread that discloses the truth of what really happened .... except it doesn't exist anymore.

The mystery remains unsolved.

I should probably get back to work now.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    arran77 wrote:

He then takes his bike to an incompetent mechanic who breaks his new seatpost, blames it on Wiggle, and makes some stuff up about Wiggle sending out shoddy secondhand parts and re-spraying frames, just for good measure. Speed King is thoroughly appalled at this Frankenstein creation he has been sold.

After some correspondence, and Wiggle agreeing to inspect the perfectly good bike, an unknown deal then takes place. Either:

b). The customer is threatened with legal action and told under no uncertain terms not to speak of it again.

The next 15 pages consists of mildly funny piss-taking, with a brief interruption to unveil a thread that discloses the truth of what really happened .... except it doesn't exist anymore.

Spoilsport! :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • arran77
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

Spoilsport! :)

I'm a busy man!!!

seanoconn
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,331
    arran77 wrote:
    I'm a busy man!!!
    I seriously doubt that. :P
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Veronese68 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    I'm a busy man!!!

Proof?

BR_zps7bc84bff.jpg
  • arran77
    Veronese68 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    I'm a busy man!!!

I've been very busy this morning :P

seanoconn