Chasing Legends

Comments

• The wife suggested this to me :shock: :D

Apparently on at the Showcase here in Derby, but their listings don't go that far forward yet.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    By all accounts the Q&A session will be at the O2 and beamed to all the other cinemas.
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    Is this film only showing on the 21st of October?

Yes.

This is where and when : http://www.chasinglegends.com/film_tour/
  • Anyone got any quesitons they particularly want to ask Cav? I am going to the O2 and can try to ask if you like....

Obviously he'll be asked about the rule changes to intermediate sprints in the TDF, probably drugs, etc,

All ideas welcome.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Anyone got any quesitons they particularly want to ask Cav? I am going to the O2 and can try to ask if you like....

Yes! Ask him:

Do you do a little sex wee every time you shove it up Tylar Farrar in a sprint? :)
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    If he could only win 1 more race before the end of his career, which race would it be?
  • Bah! Aberdeen showing sold out......First it snow's & now this :cry:
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    heh for somereason i assumed this wouldn't sell out and it be easy to walk along and grab tickets.

Woe is me :(

/idiot
  • Gazzaputt
    rebs wrote:
    heh for somereason i assumed this wouldn't sell out and it be easy to walk along and grab tickets.

/idiot

Bluewater has seats available.
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    rebs wrote:

/idiot

Bluewater has seats available.
    As does Tunbridge Wells I think.
  • polocini
    polocini Posts: 201
    Its seems to be sold out in both my local cinemas (manchester and didsbury).

poo!

AL
  • It was awesome. :D

Liggett MCing the Q and A was not however.
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Just back from the showing in Braehead Glasgow .

Good film - a bit like Overcoming only with more laughs :D

Most shows were sold out, looks like there are more armchair cycling fans out there than first thought lol
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Bronzie wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:
    And don't forget the most important person - Phil Liggett! :roll:
    Sorry I was desparately trying to gloss over that bit
    Actually, I take that back - Phil was in fine form for the Q&A session. Pretty dry sense of humour that worked well with Cav, Brian Holm and Rolf Aldag.
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Very enjoyable night out, great to see cycling on the big screen.
  • TMR
    Oh My God! That was AMAZING! :)

I loved every second of that movie, fantastic! The cinematography was superb, the behind the scenes footage, the interviews, all very well done. The interview with the 97 year old French TdF rider left me with a lump in my throat.

I cannot wait until it comes out on Blu-Ray, I'll be all over that like a cheap suit. The only complaint I have is that it wasn't long enough!

It was great to see Big George in his last season at HTC, and suck my d*ck Garmin for robbing him of the Yellow - w@nkers!

Mark Cavendish is a great character, but I do hope he isn't planning to earn a living from after dinner speaking...
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833

It was great to see Big George in his last season at HTC, and suck my d*ck Garmin for robbing him of the Yellow - w@nkers!

There's this crazy tradition, well almost a rule really that the guy in yellow is the one with the best time to that point. No one gets robbed, they just have to ride fast. Some may also question whether a hard core Lanceboi was 'deserving' of yellow :)
  • time to eat some sh*t
  • TMR
    dougzz wrote:

There's this crazy tradition, well almost a rule really that the guy in yellow is the one with the best time to that point. No one gets robbed, they just have to ride fast. Some may also question whether a hard core Lanceboi was 'deserving' of yellow :)

George is the nicest guy in Pro Cycling. What Garmin did was wrong, and even they know it. I watched an interview a few days ago with David Millar where that was as plain as day.
  • The opening scene was crap but rest was great.

(*Embarrassig sentimental imaginary scene of 1930s kid getting out of bed in the morning and rushing off on his bike (with pastic saddle!) to watch the vintage Tour pass through town. Director should have stuck to his original idea of the documentary interview of the 97 year old rider reminiscing about his racing days before cutting to the modern Tour in Monaco, so contrasting old and new and with some kind of cool visual connection between the two – like the famous jump cut in Kubrick's "2001" from the prehistoric scenes to the space ones.)
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833

George is the nicest guy in Pro Cycling. What Garmin did was wrong, and even they know it. I watched an interview a few days ago with David Millar where that was as plain as day.

Based on what? How many genuine guys were robbed of victories by the USPS travesty?

Oh shucks, I'm just a big old firiendly cuddly George :)
  • max888
    max888 Posts: 206
    Just got back from the O2,

The film was really great, you really got an insight into how the team works and te camaraderie between everyone involved. I found Brian and Rolf really funny in the way that they came across.

It would have been nice if we could have aske questions to the guys on stage tater than a few pre-submitted questions (one of which didn't make sense !). I was quite surprised at how Cav was far more reserved that I thought he would be.

In all really great and I got Cav's autograph 8)
  • TMR
    Max888 wrote:
    Just got back from the O2,

The film was really great, you really got an insight into how the team works and te camaraderie between everyone involved. I found Brian and Rolf really funny in the way that they came across.

It would have been nice if we could have aske questions to the guys on stage tater than a few pre-submitted questions (one of which didn't make sense !). I was quite surprised at how Cav was far more reserved that I thought he would be.

In all really great and I got Cav's autograph 8)

Brian and Rolf were brilliant in the movie and during the Q&A. I did think Mark would be more articulate than he was, I had an idea in my mind that he'd put himself across better. But I suppose talking isn't what he's famous for, so what does it matter? ;)
  • weapons
    weapons Posts: 367
    What was up with Cav's itchy leg all throughout the Q&A? Did Griepel put itching powder in his trousers for a laugh?
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    London - Fulham Road pretty much full up.

Really enjoyed it - chapeau.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    The DVD has a second disc which is longer than the film itself.

I've not got around to watch it yet though
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Gazzaputt
    Went to the O2 and what an amazing film. Hats off to Jason Berry it is a cycling masterpiece imo.

I was surprised how nervous Cav seemed at the start of the Q&A session it seemed it was something he isn't to comfortable with. He did get into his stride though some interesting comments about riding the spring classics.

Phil Ligget was very very good such an excellent professional.

Also well done to him at the end for the time he spent at the end signing autographs etc. Came across very well.

Also answered my we question with quite a laugh about the Millar saddle episode.

Great evening.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Is it true Cavendish said cycling is "the cleanest" sport in the Q&A?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Percy Vera
    Percy Vera Posts: 1,103
    iainf72 wrote:
    Is it true Cavendish said cycling is "the cleanest" sport in the Q&A?

Yeah
  • weapons wrote:
    What was up with Cav's itchy leg all throughout the Q&A? Did Griepel put itching powder in his trousers for a laugh?

I dont think it has his leg and i dont think he was itching :shock: