Chasing Legends

takethehighroad
takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
edited February 2011 in Pro race
This film looks incredible. Apparently there's gona be a second DVD of interviews alone. Good times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmqOM9XOJYc&feature=player_embedded

Comments

• sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Nice, looks like a belter. May 15th according to the website.
  • That's in cinemas though, and probably predominantly American ones. Hopefully will be able to catch it this side of the pond
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    we'll have to see. The Road To Roubaix trailer was even better but the film was disappointing. Looks like its gonna be choca with Phil and bloody Sherwin though which is a shame...
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Trailer has far too much Ben Stiller in it for my liking.
  • Langman
    Langman Posts: 178
    Agreed - Stiller - what a tit.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Nice camera angles. Why is there so much HTC in there?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • pomtarr
    pomtarr Posts: 318
    Nice camera angles. Why is there so much HTC in there?
    See: http://chasinglegends.com/press/synopsis.html
    Short Synopsis
    There is no greater sporting event in all of cycling than the Tour de France. Chasing Legends touches on the rich history, passion and true grit of The Tour as seen through the eyes of Team HTC Columbia along with commentary from Phil Liggett, Paul Sherwen, Eddy Merckx, Lance Armstrong and some of the sports most prolific heros. With a stunning array of HD cameras, poignant and touching interviews, "Chasing Legends" will take viewers deeper into the pro peloton than ever on a roller coaster ride of action, story and emotion.
    "Difficult, difficult, lemon difficult"
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Ah ok. Thanks.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Anyway, I won a copy of this on Twitter from NYVelocity.

I've watched the film so far. It's basically the story of the 09 Tour from the perspective of HTC. Now as we all know, I'm not really a fan of them however it does offer good value. If you're a fan of Cavendish there is much to enjoy.

Holm and Aldag is very amusing to watch.

Few interesting little side bits, like a short interview with the oldest living Tour finisher.

Some great footage which they shot themselves. The TTT footage from the car shows just how tiny the roads were, and when you see them going 80km/h down a tiny road it boggles the mind.

If you liked Hollentour or Overcoming, you'll like this. Fair bit of "newbie" stuff but it doesn't distract much.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    So when is it gonna be available in the UK?
  • thomasmc
    thomasmc Posts: 814
    If you are in & around Dublin the film is being shown in Swords on Thurs 21st Oct

http://www.movies-at.ie/swords/?dates=20101021
  • durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    Being shown in cinemas all over the country on that one date only, then released in Dec i think.
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....
  • You can buy your copy at www.chasinglegends.com - well worth it! Includes a DVD with interviews, and around 20 minutes of just Holm & Aldag which is hilarious.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    You can buy your copy at www.chasinglegends.com - well worth it! Includes a DVD with interviews, and around 20 minutes of just Holm & Aldag which is hilarious.

It's worth noting that they won't ship to the Uk or Ireland until 2nd December (presumably to protect cinema screenings).
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • jon208
    jon208 Posts: 335
    Not so. My copy got delivered from the states about 5 weeks ago.

Great film.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    jon208 wrote:
    Not so. My copy got delivered from the states about 5 weeks ago.

Great film.

Ok then. I was just following what it says on the website.

I think I might go and see this on the big screen though.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    I can't wait to watch that bit where they climb three 20 mile high mountains in a day.

Dear oh dear Phil :shock:
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    I loves a good cycling film I do.
  • pitchshifter
    pitchshifter Posts: 1,476
    Is this film only showing on the 21st of October?
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Looks like it - screening at selected Cineworlds on Thu 21 Oct with a video link live Q&A with Cav,Bernard Eisel, Brian Holm and director Jason Berry after the film.

http://www.cineworld.co.uk/films/3810
  • Pokerface
    Bronzie wrote:
    Looks like it - screening at selected Cineworlds on Thu 21 Oct with a video link live Q&A with Cav,Bernard Eisel, Brian Holm and director Jason Berry after the film.

And don't forget the most important person - Phil Liggett! :roll:
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Sorry, I was desperately trying to gloss over that bit
  • pitchshifter
    pitchshifter Posts: 1,476
    Bronzie wrote:

Bugger, was going to drag the mrs to this after she tricked me into seing that twilight S*%t
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    seen the price? £15 - they've charged a real premium for the satellite q&a.

thats double the normal price in sheffield....maybe not so steep compared to normal london prices.
  • Pokerface
    PBo wrote:

thats double the normal price in sheffield....maybe not so steep compared to normal london prices.

You can wait and buy it on DVD for the same price if it's a big deal. Although I think it will be cool to see this one on the big screen.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    I'm off to the O2 in London to see.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Pokerface wrote:
    And don't forget the most important person - Phil Liggett! :roll:

What's wrong with Phil Liggett? I've been watching him on the Versus coverage of this year's TdF and thought he was good?! What am I missing?
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Pokerface wrote:
    You can wait and buy it on DVD for the same price if it's a big deal. Although I think it will be cool to see this one on the big screen.

I hope they release on Blu-Ray with additional material. DVD is soooooooo last season! ;)
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,162
    PBo wrote:

yep £10 in the sticks
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,207
    Might go and watch that but can't see the wife coming along so might look a bit sad :lol: