Chicken's latest

Comments

• ynyswen24
    ynyswen24 Posts: 703
    Deranged.
    So out of touch that he doesn't know the sponsor of the team he's asking to be taken back into... let alone the BS about being thrown out of the Tour.

Whatever you think of McQuaid, his reply is a good one.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    LOFL....he hasn't even done any worthy of merit this year and he has the nerve to think he is better than Andy.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Anyone else think of Pantani and VDB when they read that? The bloke needs help.
  • frenchfighter
    Ok, just read the last bit. This guy belongs in an asylum not the pro peloton. He really should be vilified, not someone like Ricco. This guy is just evil.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Sometimes a rider can be quoted out of context but the drivel coming out of Rasmussen's mouth makes you realise he's saying it for real, it's not a sentence taken out of context and he's a man used to handling the media and holding press conferences.

Where to begin? Whether it's wanting some people dead (because they merely tried to uphold the rules) or even daydreaming about a ride with Bjarne Riis (whilst the search for a replacement sponsor for Saxo Bank is underway), Rasmussen just digs a deeper hole.

My only remaining thought is that he must have had a few too many Carlsbergs before the interview, or is that too many Coronas?
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,097
    Haven't we heard that before? What ProTour team would be daft enough to sign him, especially with Tour invites due any day now?

Actually thinking about it, I bet he's off to Footon-Servetto-Fuji! :wink:
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Ok, just read the last bit. This guy belongs in an asylum not the pro peloton. He really should be vilified, not someone like Ricco. This guy is just evil.

They're both vilified (deservedly), Mikey's completely lost the plot as well though.
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    hahah - Is it the 1st of April in mexico or something?
    cartoon.jpg
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    There are an awful lot of parallels with Pantani. Hope it doesn't end the same way.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,454
    Why do the cycling media continue to give him so much coverage? Surely they'd be better off cutting off the publicity he seems to crave.
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    wish I had been there to give him a rope... :x
    www.dotcycling.com
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

Should we blame Denmark or Mexico's care in the community programme for this deluded character being allowed to speak to the press? Can't all be a translation error.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,147
    andyp wrote:
    Haven't we heard that before? What ProTour team would be daft enough to sign him, especially with Tour invites due any day now?

They're announced tomorrow (Tuesday) according to that twtter feed Iain's just posted. I don't know if that's true or not.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    so let me get this straight.. They announce the tour teams tomorrow and Rasmussen could change to one of the invited teams?

It could be a very interesting next few days..
    cartoon.jpg
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    emadden wrote:
    wish I had been there to give him a rope... :x

That's totally OTT he cheated at sport ffs he is not some paedo or murderer, having said that his comments about people dying are out of order
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    I think the fellow might need a bit of help TBH

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/3639/ ... Nation.com)
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    I think you're right, Iain.
    But why on earth does he believe that Hushovd missed tests when even the Norwegian Cycling authority are saying he didn't? Why should he name him? Is there bad blood between the two? Or has he just picked a big name?

Or, as I'm having to conclude, these are the rants of someone with psychological/psychiatric problems.

If he IS signed tomorrow by a pro team, I shall spit feathers.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Tusher wrote:
    I

Nothing brings out double standards more than dopers returning to the peleton ,consider this the peleton has a few riders who have served their ban and currently ride for pro tour/pro conti teams and most dont have a problem with that .Some of the top ranked riders have a Operacion Puerto shadow cast over them Bertie,Luis Leon and Valverde to name three ok in AC and LLS case its only a scrap bit of paper , bags of blood in AV's case and to some posters they are feted as some kind of cycling demi-gods . So ok the Chicken has said some distasteful things but is his doping violation any different from David Millar or Ivan Basso or Riccardo Ricco. No its not so if he does bag a pro tour team which i doubt btw whats the beef he has served his ban like the others why should he not come back ?
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Tusher wrote:
    I

Nothing brings out double standards more than dopers returning to the peloton ,consider this the peloton has a few riders who have served their ban and currently ride for pro tour/pro conti teams and most dont have a problem with that .Some of the top ranked riders have a Operacion Puerto shadow cast over them Bertie,Luis Leon and Valverde to name three ok in AC and LLS case its only a scrap bit of paper , bags of blood in AV's case and to some posters they are feted as some kind of cycling demi-gods . So ok the Chicken has said some distasteful things but is his doping violation any different from David Millar or Ivan Basso or Riccardo Ricco. No its not so if he does bag a pro tour team which i doubt btw whats the beef he has served his ban like the others why should he not come back ?

It's a right old mess, isn't it Moray?

You can take it a step further, Millar and Ricco failed drug tests. Rasmussen 'only' lied to authorities to avoid failing drug tests.

And just to show you how much I contradict myself in these matters:

I don't want to see Ricco, Vino, Kohl, Valverde, Chicken, Landis ever again in the peloton, but I can handle seeing Basso, Millar and a few others racing again.

Yet at the same time, I don't think I can explain to myself, let alone to members on the forum how I have formed my judgments. Inconsistencies abound in me justifying who should or who shouldn't ride again.
  • VIN0
    VIN0 Posts: 19
    edited March 2010
    EEEs not veery easy come back to glorious sport, ees much practicing and meny monies have been lost,
    Is Rasmussen cheating? I think he has not failed test, but has broke rule.
    Is Chicken mad man? Yesss he is craaaazy man with persecution complexes and confidence of man that is drink Stella.

I think he should ride for glorious nation as Bertie domestique. I report back my finds later.

Ave rehabilitation Calves
  • frenchfighter
    Garry H wrote:

They're both vilified (deservedly), Mikey's completely lost the plot as well though.

I'm afraid Rasmussen's comments put him a league all of his own.

I doubt any PT team will want to sign him given these sorts of comments, although if they did, maybe he will regain some sanity and be safer to himself......
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Kléber
    SpaceJunk wrote:
    Yet at the same time, I don't think I can explain to myself, let alone to members on the forum how I have formed my judgments. Inconsistencies abound in me justifying who should or who shouldn't ride again.
    Surely it's simple? Let me explain...

Doping has been systemic. In order to compete, a rider had to use it. There's simply been no way that a rider could achieve big results consistently without recourse to EPO/equivalents, HGH/IGF-1 or blood doping.

Those riders who got caught were simply the fish that found their gills tangled in the nets, many bigger fish swam through the holes in the net.

Of those who get caught, you can judge the man by how he behaves. Take Millar - only under pressure - confessed and ever since he's put in a lot of work towards anti-doping measures. He's backed Garmin from the days when it was a small team chasing Tour selection and above all, he's spent time helping WADA and UK Sport. He's reformed, something good has come

Rasmussen on the other hand seems to have his head wedged inside a sombrero. He can't admit he was telling porkies, he can't see how stupid he looks. He was caught red-handed in the middle of the Tour and is still in denial. The same goes for Vino, although he admitted doping but in a joking way. He hasn't apologised and doesn't think he's done anything wrong.
  • He's not done himself any favours (and sounds like he's gone insane with some of those ridiculous statements) - if he'd come clean and put his hands up at the time he'd most probably be back - but there's quite an ego in there.

In comparison to others - as a cyclist I think he's been quite unfairly treated - he's done his time!

Personally, I'd love to see him back in the tour - 2007's was absolutely fantastic until it all ended for him!

What a mess!
  • Doesn't sound quite so insane here. Doesn't change what he did, but should you really believe everything you read on the internet?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/rasmuss ... -the-media
  • Garry H wrote:

Evil seems a bit strong... He's a guy who cheated at bike racing.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • frenchfighter
    Evil seems a bit strong... He's a guy who cheated at bike racing.
    “It’s guaranteed that if some people died, I would live a happier life,” he said, in a bitter outburst. “If they suffered a lot and then died, even better. It may be a sick idea to have and perhaps even more sick to say out loud, but it is the truth. There are some people that if something really bad happened to them, I will immediately send a card, and my congratulations.”
    Evil. Yes.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • You are all WAY OTT here. One could argue that the UCI has done far more to damage the integrity of cycling. Rasmussen is no worse than LA, Valv. piti, riis, etc etc etc.
    Why is the vitriol so bad in his case? His duel with AC that year was outstanding. I don't mind any of them coming back as long as they are racing clean now.
    Dan
  • Kléber
    flattythehurdler, do you think he will ride clean? Given he was caught in the middle of the race and even to this day denies doing anything wrong what makes you believe he'll race clean?

But yes, the UCI did mess up. Rasmussen's missed controls meant he should never have even started the Tour. But the UCI is very sloppy at enforcing its rules.