Is Contador a great guy??

Comments

• Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    dougzz wrote:
    I think LA always looks pretty good on the bike, and the Black and Yellow Livestrong stuff is very stylish in my humble opinion.

I don't want this to become a love/hate fest of LA, and I'm not a particular fan of his, by the whole style argument is pointless, one man's style is another man's Silver Lame suit :)

Indeed. I always find white shoes a bit footbally and prefer black. I would like some black and yellow shoes (But not Livestrong ones), would look like a couple of bees on my feet :wink:
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    camerone wrote:
    First off the point is it is undeniably clear who has style and who actually doesn't have any (to the extent they are among the worst in the peloton).

why do you have to force your opinions - just what style are we talking here? sartorial? if so i'd love some examples of how stylish contador is. please refrain from showing any pictures of LA in his compression socks, this thread isnt abut him

regarding those sidis you used them as an example of style , now you seem keen to distance your fantasy boy from them? i assume that mercx, hinault, coppi rtc all had no style wearing their rubbish black shoes?

+1

good point there regarding FF using the ladyboy shoe as evidence of AC having style then backing off from it when he realised most agreed it was naff .Anyway following on from what you say about the greats here is an example of Fausto decide for yourself if its more stylish than those ladyboy shoes.

Coppi%20con%20autografo.jpg
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Moray Gub wrote:
    good point there regarding FF using the ladyboy shoe as evidence of AC having style then backing off from it when he realised most agreed it was naff .Anyway following on from what you say about the greats here is an example of FFs view of a lack of style !!!

The Heron is wearing white gloves which offset the black shoes.

I'd not wear white shoes if you paid me. But like David Millar, I do insist on keeping my black shoes clean.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • iainf72 wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    good point there regarding FF using the ladyboy shoe as evidence of AC having style then backing off from it when he realised most agreed it was naff .Anyway following on from what you say about the greats here is an example of FFs view of a lack of style !!!

The Heron is wearing white gloves which offset the black shoes.

I'd not wear white shoes if you paid me. But like David Millar, I do insist on keeping my black shoes clean.

I'm so stylish I have a black pair and a white pair to match to whatever kit I happen to be wearing... The black ones area bit tatty, howver. Plus i have an expensive etxeondo habit, if you're going to wear lycra, you might as well look semi decent.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Greats with style and wearing black shoes isn't a solid way to say that black shoes have style. In fact it is ridiculous as they didn't have the choice.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    If you have black shoes I suggest that you buy white oversocks. They look great and when you feel stylish you ride better.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72
    If you have black shoes I suggest that you buy white oversocks. They look great and when you feel stylish you ride better.

Does that mean Bertie isn't performing at his peak because he has to wear that ugly Astana kit?

BTW - What's the pay like in the style police? Is it better than regulars?
  • If you have black shoes I suggest that you buy white oversocks. They look great and when you feel stylish you ride better.

Evidence please!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • frenchfighter
    Yes that Astana kit is so ugly which is why I wanted him to go to Caisse.

As for your 2nd point, I can have an opinion which differs from yours and was simply responding to an earlier point in my own style.

You know your hero Basso saw the right path and changed from his revolting black sidis (preventing me from having any photos of him) to white ones.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter

Evidence please!

Haha

20050922_WORLDS_MTT_WIGGINS_RACE2.JPG
    Brad_Wiggins-600.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Anybody seen/got that picture of Simoni mountainbiking in his Brilliant White Sidi Ergo 2s (the only reason I bought those shoes :lol: )?

He'll ruin those!

@gietvangent
  • iainf72
    I don't think I know what colour or make of shoes any cyclists wear.

Am I a failure?
  • iainf72 wrote:
    I don't think I know what colour or make of shoes any cyclists wear.

Am I a failure?

No, you're just not a pathetic fanboy. Although your Basso feeligns show promise.

@gietvangent
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,477
    No. You're a normal, sane adult.
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    The person that comes to football with me knows the make and model of each Premier League players boots, it's of great importance to him.

He's my 8 year old nephew...........
  • frenchfighter
    Haha. Keep going lads, no harm done to me. Just because you are not as observant as me, no need to try and have a go (note that your jibes are pointless on me).

Given that I have 100s of carefully selected and edited photos related to pro cycling, it follows naturally that I will be more aware of these things than others.

Douggy boy, I take no offence although you meant it.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    What shoes do you wear Frenchie?

I go with Silver Northwaves me
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • No offence intended FF, I was merely pointing out my Fanboyism towards Gibo.

That and encouraging Iain to join teh dark side of Fanboyism... I bet he secretly wants a dog called Birillo.

@gietvangent
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    Greats with style and wearing black shoes isn't a solid way to say that black shoes have style. In fact it is ridiculous as they didn't have the choice.

they didnt have any leather other than black in the 50's, 60's,70's,80's

if you think those sidis you posted a piccie of are stylish you have the worst taste in the world. whatever next, a saddle with spurting spunk from a gun pattern. oh hang on.....
  • camerone

if you think those sidis you posted a piccie of are stylish you have the worst taste in the world. whatever next, a saddle with spurting spunk from a gun pattern. oh hang on.....
  • camerone

• camerone

• camerone

• camerone

they didnt have any leather other than black in the 50's, 60's,70's,80's?

• camerone

they didnt have any leather other than black in the 50's, 60's,70's,80's?
  • camerone
    sorry!!! MAJOR COMPUTER COMPONENT FAILURE. ME.
  • frenchfighter
    Hey Hot Air, you having trouble with the internet? There is a thing called 'delete' post which lets you delete a post you didn't mean to post over and over...otherwise you clog up the thread. Too late now though as I have replied.

Maybe you should read what I said again. You just repeated my point using different words.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Hey Hot Air, you having trouble with the internet? There is a thing called 'delete' post which lets you delete a post you didn't mean to post over and over...otherwise you clog up the thread. Too late now though as I have replied.

Maybe you should read what I said again. You just repeated my point using different words.

Camerone clogging up a thread?

Rearrange the words kettle, pot, black Mr 'Here's a couple of hi res pics of some people riding in the rain in the middle of a race spoiler thread because its raining in Kuurne'.

Very annoying if you're trying to follow a thread from a low-bandwidth/EDGE mobile device

Strava is not Zen.
  • calvjones

Camerone clogging up a thread?

Rearrange the words kettle, pot, black Mr 'Here's a couple of hi res pics of some people riding in the rain in the middle of a race spoiler thread because its raining in Kuurne'.

Very annoying if you're trying to follow a thread from a low-bandwidth/EDGE mobile device

Strava is not Zen.
  • calvjones
    :wink:

Strava is not Zen.