A fantastic way to start time trialling..........

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    You seem to be omitting the bit where you say you were the top lady!!

Well done bex!
  • SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    Thanks Alex and Bex, certainly one of my best rides. Must admit I was aiming for a sub 1:45 and hoping for a top 5, but 2nd is fantastic. Well done to Bex as well on the ladies win, especially with your bike issues as well.

Alex if you train well, no doubt you can improve massively on that time, you obviously done well since your leg break, you can only improve.

Thank you Ruth and for everyone at Beacon RCC that helped you in anyway. A superb run event, and a cracking course, even if the drag back from Martley seemed to go on forever. I will certainly be back :D
  • Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    Just saw the results - very well done SBezza, Bexslack, RichK, NapD, RichieG, Sheptasticn and any other forumites who did it, not forgetting organiser BeaconRuth. It's a great race.

Unfortunately I didn't do it this year as I'm trying to keep my travel costs down (the Rudy Project series is an expensive exercise). But I hope to have another crack at it next year.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • BeaconRuth
    BeaconRuth Posts: 2,086
    Jeff, I think you've hung on to your fastest roadman record for another year - the weather made things very tough this year as I expect you can see from the times.

I'm still trying to get over the shock of coming face to face with the great forum icon which is NapD! Fair play to him he bought me a piece of pizza to make up for me having to pay to get his underpaid-postage-entry from the post office. Clearly every inch (and there's a few of them) a gent! Remind me how long ago you broke your leg, NapD? Here he is in action:

201005LMTT#5466690966571570114

Many congratulations to SBezza on an amazing ride for 2nd place overall, to BexSlack for winning the women's race (my course record will definitely be under threat next year), to BexSlack's husband Will for not letting her catch him for 20mins, to RichK on a great first effort (I remember his first ever clubrun when we did about 8 miles, vvvverry slooowlly) and RichieG on his third attempt at the event doing a 2.08 which is very respectable indeed on a road bike.

Thanks for the praise for the event - I have to say that my club shows its true colours on the day of the LMTT. When many clubs struggle to get enough help we have a surfeit of volunteers and the whole club swings into action with great teamwork and supremely good humour. Perhaps most touching was the prescence of two of the club's founder members who came up with the idea of running such an event in 1948 - what must it be like to see the same event you started up 62 years ago still thriving? An amazing thought!

I'll let you all know the date of the 2011 event and I'll hope tosee you all there again.

Ruth
  • BeaconRuth
    Doh! How do I show a picture of NapD??!

Ruth
  • John.T
    John.T Posts: 3,698
    http://picasaweb.google.com/beaconrcc/201005LMTT#5466690966571570114
    Not sure how to get the image on but this opens it.
  • Anonymous
    LMTT2010+083.jpg

My word... Looking at me I can't believe I got round!
  • Anonymous
    Unless someone else sorts it beforehand, I'll put pics up of everyone else when I get my computer back at the end of the week (if I can work out who theu are!! The podium ones will be easy enough...)
  • SBezza
    This is me, why they always seem to catch me when I am breathing out I don't know. Maybe have to get the skinsuit made a little tighter as well, like my club one.

LMTT2010%20013.jpg
  • John.T
    Remind us how to do it please Nap. My mind has gone blank again. The Img tab did not work for Ruth's URL.
  • Anonymous
    Right click on the picture in question then either go to properties, highlight the address and press CTRL and C or select 'copy image address' depending on your browser.

Then on here press CTRL and V to paste, highlight what you've just pasted and pres the Img box above where you are writing...

Steve, any chance of linking some of the podium ones?
  • Anonymous
    Bl00dy hell Steve, you look fast even when stationary on a picture!
  • richk
    richk Posts: 564
    LMTT2010%20019.jpg
    There is no secret ingredient...
  • Richie G
    Richie G Posts: 283
    Congratulations everyone, it was seriously tough this year! Great event by Ruth and the Beacon crowd - still my favourite of the year. :D I decided to make the most of my early start time and get over to Ankerdine Hill to watch the last few riders struggling up. That is one steep hill. :shock:

Don't know when i lost the safety pin off my number - not very aero is is i?!

http://picasaweb.google.com/beaconrcc/201005LMTT#5466689353671552242
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,148
    Well done everyone, I'll hopefully give this a crack next year. I'm glad I didn't do it this year as my ride on Saturday (which was only 21 miles) had me walking the second half of a local 1:6 climb :oops:

NapD, maybe your next bike investment ought to be this

http://www.weddingmagazine.co.uk/imageBank/cache/f/FAKE-TAN-PIZ-BUIN-COLOUR-

:wink:
  • dead sheep
    dead sheep Posts: 109
    This was yet another event that showed why the Beacon's events are the best. To date I had only ridden their excellent audaxes but their professional seems to extend to time trials too.

However, my legs ached and the pain was excruciating. It was 'The Good Doctor' of the Beacon who convinced me to enter this event but he was conspicious by his absence!

I'll be the Cotswolds audax in June.
  • John.T
    Thanks Nap. Noted and saved.
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    Hey, Nap!... Why didn't you use the QR?
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • Anonymous
    Please see my 'Coaching' thread!
    Lack of power at the moment on the TT bike. Plus a lack of confidence on descents over 40mph with tri bars!
  • richk
    richk Posts: 564
    NapoleonD wrote:
    ...Plus a lack of confidence on descents over 40mph with tri bars!

It took me a while to decide which bike to use. In the end, it was the descents that were the deciding factor. I had a couple of scary moments as it was - taking a couple of bends a tad too fast :oops: I might see if I can get a set of clip on tri-bars for next year & have the 'best' of both worlds.
    There is no secret ingredient...
  • bexslack
    bexslack Posts: 81
    I had a terrifying moment around 3 miles into the race when my new bike engaged itself in a speed wobble at 38mph. It is the first time it has ever happened to me and I am amazed I got out of it unscathed, although was very shaken. I took a bit of time out, checked the bike over and then went on my way but never dared to go that fast again.

I've now done a lot of research so know how to control wobbles should it happen to me again (get out the saddle, don't grip tight, put knee on top tube etc). I am petrified of it happening on a DC with a 60mph lorry charging up behind me.......
  • Anonymous
    Bex looking happy on the top step -

LMTT2010%20108.jpg

Steve's cracking result in the overall -

LMTT2010%20115.jpg

The lad who came 3rd overall (on the right) did the fastest combined climb time, his arms were the thinnest I've ever seen!
  • BeaconRuth
    And Steve (in red) really IS on a higher step of the podium than Dean Robson who was third. :lol:

Ruth
  • SBezza
    BeaconRuth wrote:
    And Steve (in red) really IS on a higher step of the podium than Dean Robson who was third. :lol:

Ruth

:lol: I do appear to be slightly vertically challenged
  • ma123
    ma123 Posts: 87
    Just like to say what a great event Ruth, it was my first LMTT and wont be my last :D .
    SBezza I saw you coming past me on the first loop you were really motoring even in those windy conditions, SBezza is that a road frame on your TT set up?
  • bexslack
    bexslack Posts: 81
    SBezza wrote:
    BeaconRuth wrote:

Ruth

don't worry SBezza, so is Ruth........... :wink:
  • BeaconRuth
    bexslack wrote:
    SBezza wrote:
    BeaconRuth wrote:

Ruth
    don't worry SBezza, so is Ruth........... :wink:
    :D All the best things come in small packages.

Ruth
  • BeaconRuth
    ma123 wrote:
    Just like to say what a great event Ruth, it was my first LMTT and wont be my last :D .
    Glad you enjoyed it so much Max - it's about time we met given that we're in the same club - I was going to say hi yesterday but missed my chance. Sorry!

Ruth
  • SBezza
    ma123 wrote:
    SBezza is that a road frame on your TT set up?

It is a TCR Aero Compact road frame, so a pretty good frame for a TT bike. It probably isn't as aero as the modern TT bikes, but I think there is more to be gained in getting myself more aero than the actual frame.

One of the top guys doing 19 min 10's used one last year, so the frame itself is not a limiting factor.
  • Marko1962
    Marko1962 Posts: 320
    You know how you get yourself a mental picture of someone based on what they say and what they give away in their posts? well my mental picture of Nap D was as his avatar, I'm quite disorientated now I've seen what he really looks like :lol: