Rivington and Nab rides.

Comments

• Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    :lol:

Just looking at the descent off Winter Hill, down to Belmont Road - the one you have a vid of delcol.

Then up the 'Rivington Road' climb back up to Belmont road. Should make for a giood loop - a long way though.
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • StealTheR
    StealTheR Posts: 195
    Whytepeak wrote:
    :lol:

Just looking at the descent off Winter Hill, down to Belmont Road - the one you have a vid of delcol.

Then up the 'Rivington Road' climb back up to Belmont road. Should make for a giood loop - a long way though.

Yeah, this is the ride I wanted to do.
  • Whytepeak
    Yeah, well we could do that on the next ride, as Healey Nab was a bit too wet to ride...
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • StealTheR
    Next Sunday? If that's okay with everyone else?

I am working on saturday unfortunately :(:(
  • Whytepeak
    meta55matt wrote:
    Good stuff. Lets get a date sorted....

Well this weekend, saturday or sunday, what can people make?
  • Yeah that sounds like me not done much winter work,sounds like a good run
    so when you thinking the next one will be i've checked the area out on google maps
    so should know how to get there looks straight forward to get to i ride a specialized
    rockhopper fully loaded with the usual components (hope brakes,hope hubs,etc...).
    If in doubt get the WD40 out........
  • i can do sunday aswell ....
    If in doubt get the WD40 out........
  • Whytepeak
    TRAILBLAZER123 good stuff :)

Looks like StealTheR wants a sunday ride :wink:

Can people make a ride on the Sunday, 31st of Jan then?
  • Sounds like you all had a good ride. Gutted I had to cut my riding short at rivington especially when the only reason I was leaving was to watch Chelsea give north end a lesson in football. Boooo.

Anyhow good to meet you all be it very breifly (stopped by on my way out of the carpark, I was in the green golf) and will keep my eyes out for when your heading up there. Gonna try and get up to whinlatter next weekend so won't be able to join you next weekend.
  • Whytepeak
    meta55matt Good, glad you can make it, twas a good ride, we'll be going a bit further to that big mast this time. :D

Dave Gti Wondered who you were :oops:

We are already planning 2 rides ahead actually, so there will be a ride :D see you there.
  • We'll not be fit enough for next Sunday i don't think, not after today lol
    Caz xx
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    sundays can be pretty busy up rivi,, best to be there early to avoid the beghaus pole weiliding gang and all the pr1cks on motor bikes,, it really can be asssshole heaven on sundays...

the belmont decent off winterhill (the one i got on vid via the ditch) we tend to do it as a there back route ie from the barn up over the top via the dog kennles up the road past the mast and down the decent, to the fence,,, then the challenge is to try to clear it as a climb.
    at the top you can either go back the way you came and decend from the tv mast down the road a bit then turn right over the moor towards the dog kennels fun decent

or turn right just after the gate towards the phone masts it's a tecchy steep decent. through the gully is tight and rocky.... probably not at this time of year though as it would be hell in the wet...
    i think it's about 5 miles so you can still go to the nab if you want to..

or if you want to do an epic do winterhill to belmont and over to darwin tower and back..
    around 19-20 mile
  • delcol wrote:
    sundays can be pretty busy up rivi,, best to be there early to avoid the beghaus pole weiliding gang and all the pr1cks on motor bikes,, it really can be asssshole heaven on sundays...

One less motorbikers at the moment, and I was a regular rivvy wazzock :lol:

Caz xxx
  • Whytepeak
    delcol wrote:
    the belmont decent off winterhill (the one i got on vid via the ditch) we tend to do it as a there back route ie from the barn up over the top via the dog kennles up the road past the mast and down the decent,

Thats what I was planning, then from Belmont Road, going to Belmont, and turing left up Rivington road, after a punishing climb, turming off on Belmont road, wgich takes you back to the pigeon tower, then onto Healey Nab maybe (or maybe not).
  • StealTheR
    Yeah, when I go up there on Sunday's we try to be riding for about 9:30ish, it can be a mega pain trying to find a parking space aswell.
  • Whytepeak
    StealTheR wrote:
    Yeah, when I go up there on Sunday's we try to be riding for about 9:30ish, it can be a mega pain trying to find a parking space aswell.

We might ride there this weekend :wink: , normal saturday service should be resumed on the 6th of Feb.
  • I will be there on sunday. Coming from near bolton town centre and will have a spare seat in the car if anyone needs a lift.
  • Whytepeak
    Okay then sunday it is - I'm afraid the jury is out as to whether or not I can make it, we shall see...
  • lappymatt
    lappymatt Posts: 331
    Think im going llandegla friday too if anybody has a day off and wants to join me...
  • Whytepeak
    meta55matt wrote:
    Think im going llandegla friday too if anybody has a day off and wants to join me...

I wish :lol:

Have a good time on your new bike :)
  • StealTheR
    College till 3 on Friday :(

I'm free tommorow though if anybody wants to do something?
  • Whytepeak
    Can you still make sunday Stealthy? - I've got to weigh up digging / riding :?
  • StealTheR
    Yeah, I'll still be coming.

Digging?
  • Whytepeak
    StealTheR wrote:
    Yeah, I'll still be coming.

Digging?

Was up for digging at Gisburn, but that will have to be on the 14th now :roll:

Still, it'll be a good ride up Rivi/ the mast.
  • StealTheR
    Is anybody free tommorow? Any time really
  • StealTheR
    pfft, I'm in college for just one 45 minute lesson on Friday's, it's a joke.