Rivington and Nab rides.

Comments

• Well a better idea is getting the Train to Adlington and then its 1.9 mile from Adlington to Rivington from the train station.

The train from Bolton to Adlington is at 1040 which gets us to Adlington for 1056.
  • Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    bigbenj_08 wrote:
    lol wimps :P

I used to ride my bike through parts of Hounslow in London! Fast... but I did it haha.

Pipe down Benji :lol:

Thats pretty brave though - I wonder what is more dangerous, road riding or mtb :?
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • Whytepeak
    Well a better idea is getting the Train to Adlington and then its 1.9 mile from Adlington to Rivington from the train station.

The train from Bolton to Adlington is at 1040 which gets us to Adlington for 1056.

Yep, adlington is the station to go for, we might meet you there if you like, though were travelling from swinton / walkden, so trains can get a bit complicated - we shall see (goes of to figure out train times).
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • Road riding!!!!! Due soley to alot of 4 wheel users (not all) see anything 2 wheeled, with or without a motor as a target that must be killed :lol:
  • compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    To get to Adligton from Walkden/Swinton, go to Salford Crescent then change onto a train

Not many trains stop at Adlington but more stop at Horwich Parkway so you may be better getting off there as its only bout 10 mins longer ride

Horwich Parkway Staion is next to the Reebok Stadium
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    probably wont make 10 it a bit early for me.. wont fin work till six by the time i got home and that be 630..
    i would probably beable to hook up with you guys at the nab around 100 ish..

i will probably head to the nab and spend a few hours there playing.. not been on a bike in 2 weeks. thinking i will get the scott out of the shed and cycle to work tonight.

steal the r. do you know were the high school is follow that road past the school keep going (country road) for a few mile you will come to a building on your left there is a carpark here this is the lower barn teerooms and cafe.
    if you turn righ opposite it up the road there are car park spaces to your right as you ride up this takes you to the upper barn..

will let you know if i will be out this sat.
  • Whytepeak
    Sure delcol, hopefully there will be more rides to follow.

Well Rivington was good today, a bit icy mind - added some 'spice' to the riding :lol:
  • I may have to come a bit later about 1300 as i finish at night shift at 0800, so want a hour or two's shut eye :lol:

Delcol were you hailing from?
  • I'm struggling on the all day pass out (the in-laws are coming over early afternoon).

I could hook up with you lot for a few hours, but I need to be away for 1 ish.
  • StealTheR
    StealTheR Posts: 195
    Cheers Delcol :D

Are we still going to be riding there Whytepeak? I'll meet you at Maccies if you like :D
  • Whytepeak
    StealTheR wrote:
    Cheers Delcol :D

Are we still going to be riding there Whytepeak? I'll meet you at Maccies if you like :D

Yeah, we could, but its a bloody long way, mush easier by car (thats taking into account loading the car ect...). So I'd be inclined to go by car, it's the same route that I'd cycle, only it'll take a fourth of the time...
  • StealTheR
    Yeah okay, would I be able to steal lift off you mate? :D
  • Whytepeak
    StealTheR wrote:
    Yeah okay, would I be able to steal lift off you mate? :D

Of course, you can have a lift and a fiver in exchange for a brake disc :wink:
  • compo
    Lets make it 1000 at the lower barn

We can then ride to the nab and meet Delcol and play around there
    Then we can head back in the direction of the barn so ManCat can return home
    The rest of us can please ourselves with maybe the pike or something in that area

What does anyone reckon?
  • Whytepeak
    Certainly, we'll have to meet back at the barn, if not to go back with Mancunianfightingcat, then to meet bwfc4eva868.

For that reason, it's probably a bad idea to take on the nab, best left until we have all day to play with... we'll see what it is like on Saturday - think some mobile phone number exchanges are on the cards.

Other than that, I'm looking forward to doing healey nab, though maybe that could wait until it has dried a bit - it was hand build after all... maybe one for a sunday, rather than a saturday?
  • If someone wants to pm me i'll pass on my Mobile number. I should defo be good for around 1230 - 1300. I maybe out earlier, dependent how zombied i'am after fridays night shift.

The Joys of working in a Nursing home :lol:
  • Whytepeak
    bwfc4eva868

Thats fine, as said, we can come back down the hill to meet you, then set out on a different route :) . I'll Pm you my phone number tonight - can't find the bloody thing atm :roll:
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    healey nab is only about 20 mins ride from the barn..

i will confirm on friday if i can make it i should be able to i don't think missus has any plans and i not been out biking for weeks, since before christmass...

i skip between culcheth and leigh..

the nab could very well be a mud haven especially the bottom end..
  • compo
    Good points about the nab

Is it taken that we are doing my plan as above but substituting the nab with another place?
  • Sorry guys, looks like my pass out will be revoked and replaced with a Sunday afternoon ticket, I'll try and get it reinstated though. If I'm successful I'll be at the barn at 10, if not I hope you all have a good ride! :cry:
  • Whytepeak
    Sorry guys, looks like my pass out will be revoked and replaced with a Sunday afternoon ticket, I'll try and get it reinstated though. If I'm successful I'll be at the barn at 10, if not I hope you all have a good ride! :cry:

:( Best of luck Mancat, sorry to hear that.

Hopefully this will be the first of many rides in the area, so it's not you're last chance to get in on the action :)
  • Good to see ur getting together. Cant make saturday but will be riding at rivi the sunday after (31st) so if anyone is up for it let me know.

Have a good one saturday.
  • compo
    So the situation as of Thursday

We are meeting at the lower barn at 10 and then returning at 1 to pick up Delcol, presuming he can still come
    Current role call is:
    Whytepeak, Stealther, Compo at 10am

Delcol at 1 pm
  • StealTheR
    Sounds good so far.
  • Whytepeak
    StealTheR wrote:
    Sounds good so far.

Surely does, let the good times roll :D
  • compo
    Finally we have a plan - let's hope that we can stick to it for once
    See everyone at 10 :)
    Dry weather so far :)
    Bring a Banana
  • Hi all im new to the site and new to mountain biking and i am looking to start going up rivi to start out and learn the ropes before i start goin anywere else.
    could anyone tell me how to get to healy nab
  • Whytepeak
    Hi Anthony jr and welcome to bikeradar

Starting out at Rivi is a good idea - be warned though, there are some pretty technical descents, such as the slabs, so look before you leap.

The trails at healey nab are quite technical too - see for yourself - vid of trails

The number of times I've been told directions, but I've forgotten, I think attempting to describe the way there could result in you getting lost, which is not what we want :roll: .
  • lappymatt
    lappymatt Posts: 331
    Whytepeak wrote:
    The trails at healey nab are quite technical too - see for yourself - vid of trails

That looks awesome :shock:

Can I tag along??! 8)
  • StealTheR
    bigwehttam wrote:
    Whytepeak wrote:

That looks awesome :shock:

Can I tag along??! 8)

ofc mate. it should be a good ride, weather depending..