OT: Employment advice (again)

124»

Comments

• cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    Greg66 wrote:
    Over a bottle of red wine, in the corner of an intimate and low-lit bistro, the deep fat fryer sizzling gently in the background, and a few locals fighting outside ... "So, babes, what's going on?" :twisted:

Red wine? Surely Devon's finest tonic wine!! It reaches the parts that others just fail to reach....

in fairness.....

that wine is reddish.........
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    Greg66 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    That is very funny.
    AT,

Man up. If you know there isn't anything wrong with your attire and how you carry yourself then confront the issue (in the most professional manner), stand your ground, gain your respect and then after you've won go to the gents toilet to look at yourself in the mirror and kiss your biceps.

Now *that* was proper laugh-out-loud funny!

You are going to have to address the matter sooner or later. So take a deep breath and walk purposely to her office. Do not waiver. Confidently ask "Fancy a sh*g?"
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    There is something to be said that the majority of people in this thread acknowledge have said "if its not you then its her and she probably just fancies you/needs a good seeing to".

Invite her for a drink/have it out with her/talk about sex and possible James Bond attire you could wear/cheekily tell her she should wear pencil skirts and have her hair down. Let her admit to herself that she's got the 'horn' for you. Once you have the power she'll be buying you lunch and making you teas on demand.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • [Dress codes, for example, can only go as far as to be equally applicable to both sexes. Thus, if dress for men is a suit and tie, dress for women cannot, legally, be a nurse's costume and fishnets.

Just wait until I'm Prime Minister. That sort of ridiculous law is first on my hit list. After that, it'll be nurse's costumes and fishnets for 50% of the population. Compulsory.
    Never be tempted to race against a Barclays Cycle Hire bike. If you do, there are only two outcomes. Of these, by far the better is that you now have the scalp of a Boris Bike.
  • always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    There is something to be said that the majority of people in this thread acknowledge have said "if its not you then its her and she probably just fancies you/needs a good seeing to".

Invite her for a drink/have it out with her/talk about sex and possible James Bond attire you could wear/cheekily tell her she should wear pencil skirts and have her hair down. Let her admit to herself that she's got the 'horn' for you. Once you have the power she'll be buying you lunch and making you teas on demand.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planet_Ear ... an_song%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_cuckoo_land

Delete as applicable.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    I only went and forgot to get a shave this morning! Only realised when I was having a shower at the gym and face felt furrier than it should for a Monday morning. :oops: Its gonna be a long day!
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    MatHammond wrote:
    I only went and forgot to get a shave this morning! Only realised when I was having a shower at the gym and face felt furrier than it should for a Monday morning. :oops: Its gonna be a long day!

Its funny how other peoples posts can affect you!

I usually shave every 3 days due to me working on a nicer environment but yesterday I found myself in front of the mirror going for it again after 2 days thinking about my poor colleagues suffering my sticky little hairs coming out of my face!!!
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    gabriel959 wrote:
    MatHammond wrote:

I usually shave every 3 days due to me working on a nicer environment but yesterday I found myself in front of the mirror going for it again after 2 days thinking about my poor colleagues suffering my sticky little hairs coming out of my face!!!
    What are you DOING to your colleagues?
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    edited January 2010
    So AT, have you confronted her yet?

Its amazing, given all the legal arguments/debates/conversations you have had on here AT. I would expect you to be the last person to be mistreated with this kind of nonsense. And lets face it, it is nonsense.

An organisation can have a dresscode, in some places they can even specify what colour clothing you must wear, but this is a code that all staff have to adhere to. No one person manager or otherwise can tell an individual the exact type of clothes, price, brand or quality (i.e. "you must wear £350 shoes and only these shoes") they want them to wear unless they set a precedent for all staff.

Same with you as well LiT's. Say what you might about "it being their company", asking you to wear heels instead of flats is a law suit waiting to happen at its very worse. It could also in someways be considered sexual harrassment, what if after that they asked you to wear skirts not trousers, tops with deep plunges and fishnet stockings? Where does it stop? Asking you to sack someone on the grounds that they were fat. Can't believe you stood for that to be honest.

Oh well.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    gabriel959 wrote:
    MatHammond wrote:

gabriel at work this morning

ron.jpg
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    prawny wrote:
    gabriel959 wrote:
    MatHammond wrote:

gabriel at work this morning

ron.jpg

heheh,

it was actually a bit more like this!

george3.jpg
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra