Snow rides! Pics and Vids

124»

Comments

• bobpzero
    bobpzero Posts: 1,431
    edited January 2010
    searching in the forests for the last bit of snow in northern ireland. tho theres more snow to be had if i had gone west a bit instead.
    4269646660_9af5b1c8b6.jpg
    4269646852_be9c3d3274.jpg
    4268903577_10653f87fb.jpg
    im glad i was using my flat pedals as i came off on an iced short steep descent, thankfully had my overshoes in my back pockets as i landed on my lower back. decided to ride to the forest tho when leaving the wind was against me most of the way home.
  • My first ride out on a 'proper' mountain bike since I bought my Cube Attention a while ago :P

Went from South Manchester to the Roman Lakes:

My bike leaning against a wall
    2vj699s.jpg

My bike leaning against a post
    311w22a.jpg

A bridge
    2jdp286.jpg

My bike in front of a massive bridge. or something.
    t7ibr8.jpg
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Here's a fairly slow-paced, 2-wheels-on-the-ground video from the weekend... I just like it for its flow

http://www.vimeo.com/8677713

andrewfall.jpg

daveposesnearmenhir.jpg

It's probably not all that clear what this is, unless you know what you're looking for. You know snow angels? This is a snow biker

snowbike.jpg

Then, we went to the reservoir and discovered that they've been lowering the water level for flood prevention once the snow melts, and that as it's receeded, it's left huge sheets of 6 inch thick ice all around the shore, which you can walk on (not over water!) So, we made Art:

menhirveryclose.jpg

chrisposeswiththemenhir2.jpg

If anyone is riding in the pentlands up at Harlaw, please check and see if it's still there :lol: It's on the shore near the visitor's centre.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Me and a friend going around Bedgebury on Sunday:

not very flattering, but hey....

15.jpg

some firetrack:

19.jpg

Bit of single track:

17.jpg

Deepish

16.jpg