Thread to tell everyone what bargains you've spotted!

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,871
    If you're XS there are some Chptr3 jerseys, brand new with tags, going on vinted for £20.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,610
    edited October 2023
    Delighted to hear that @Mad_Malx , shame about those back pockets, don't recall checking to see if my perfetto has drain holes or not, but you would think it would be key really.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,460
    Damn Perfetto in any form has pockets that are too tight for me.
    My new Rapha long sleeve has good pocket size and access is far easier.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,896
    daniel_b said:

Delighted to hear that @Mad_Malx , shame about those back pockets, don't recall checking to see if my perfetto has drain holes or not, but you would think it would be key really.

My Gabba pockets have holes which lead to a small mesh section on the exterior.
    This is not obvious. Take a good look to check.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pinno said:

I see Wiggle have a Castelli sale.

This "camouflaged against the winter" colour would have to be reduced more than 43% before it appeals to me.

• pinno
    Yeah, not my thing either.

Would like the Saville blue long sleeve Perfetto.
  • pinno

• Mad_Malx said:

daniel_b said:

Castelli Go cycling jacket, touted as a bit of a perfetto with a slightly more relaxed fit plus a front pocket - £220 down to £69.
    Perhaps a good light touring/gravel jacket?

https://merlincycles.com/castelli-go-cycling-jacket-aw21-242204.html

Currently all sizes available, some colours have more limited sizes that others, and don't forget to go through TCB.

Here is the best one if you're unsure:

I picked this up on Daniel's recommendation back in March, but only got round to wearing it properly this week. It's fantastic for cool, drizzly showers.
    Absolute bargain, still available at that price in a range of sizes and colours (including Dan's favourite). As mentioned, it's a relaxed (but not baggy) fit - I went for the Large, which is usually a snug fit for me in Castelli. I can put an extra layer under if I want.

Minor critcism - back pockets don't have any drain holes, so might collect water in heavy rain. May pop some eyelts in if this is a problem.
    I bought and returned one on the same recommendation. Thought it might make a nice city/commuter crossover casual jacket for me. In the end it wasn't different enough from my Perfetto LS to justify having both, but I could absolutely see it being an amazing garment if race fit isn't your style. I think I was hoping for 'not too weird to wear to the pub,' but it's very clearly still a performance focused cycling top.
    Custom Albannach Torragar [BUILD IN PROGRESS]
    2020 Ribble CGR SL
    2019 Vitus Vitesse Evo CRS Disc
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,896
    edited October 2023
    pinno said:
    Tempted.
    34.5" waist is a small? Thinking I'd size up, then have a flappy jersey. 🤔

Edit:- Also, the shiny material reminds me of a "Nalini bargain" I got from Planet X.
    Closest it had got to Nalini was the same name on the label. Hard pass.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pinno
    Anyone owned a Rapha Winter Windblock Jersey?
  • rick_chasey
    pinno said:

Anyone owned a Rapha Winter Windblock Jersey?

Not specifically but do have a rapha winter jersey / jacket which is wind block on the front and fabric on the back.

Probably the best performing piece of kit I’ve ever owned.

Heading into the 9th winter I’ve worn it.

Wear it from anything from -2 to 8 degrees.
  • If you like KMC Gold chains, some good deals this Prime Day (10/11th)
    X11 EL - £27.49
    X11 SL - £36.99
    X12 - £32.49
    X12 Ti - 24.99
  • banditvic
    banditvic Posts: 549
    Some Mega deals on parts at Ribble at the moment 11-32 R7000 cassettes for £21 for example.
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,401
    banditvic said:

Some Mega deals on parts at Ribble at the moment 11-32 R7000 cassettes for £21 for example.

I got one of these last week, along with disc rotors. It made no difference to me, but just know these aren't packaged, all came bubble wrapped. I'm assuming they're clearing their stock of 11-speed mechanical to fully move to 12-speed
  • ...... plus a fiver delivery. Still a good price.
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,854
    edited October 2023
    Looks like the big "bargains" thread that got moved to "bikeradar team" section now shows updates again when clicking "recent discussions" after not doing so earlier this year.

After posting in the other bargains thread the other day about CRC doing deals on Shimano R7000 cassettes, Merlin are now doing better deals for the wider range R7000 cassettes, such as £38 for 11-34 (which I've been using those easiest sprockets far more of this year due to long covid and now struggling to get under 90Kg instead of typically being ~80Kg in the past).

List of all other Shimano drivetrain bits on sale too https://www.merlincycles.com/shimano-gear-drivetrain-sale-299741/
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,819
    Endura FS260-Pro Bib Shorts are available for £30 at Sportpursuit - these worth it? Not desperate for another pair of shorts but this seems a decent reduction.
    Only limited sizes available now.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    My experience of sportpursuit is that things take a long while to arrive I.e. 4 weeks.
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,338
    webboo said:

My experience of sportpursuit is that things take a long while to arrive I.e. 4 weeks.

Depends which warehouse they have it in, some stuff is a few days, some is a month or so. It does tell you though.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • andyrr
    I’ve bought a few things from them - some are available from their stock, others have much longer lead-times I'm happy with the speed they arrive with normally.
  • andyrr
    So, the FS260 shorts - worth the £30?
  • pangolin
    andyrr said:

@daniel_b might know
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,610
    edited October 2023
    pangolin said:

andyrr said:

@daniel_b might know
    Regrettably I'm not massively in a position to comment.

I have a lot of the 260 shorts but probably made about 5 or 6 years ago, I still have some ones in their packaging from that era.

If you search the forum, I think there was a thread in the last 12 months about 'top end shorts' or wording to that effect, and the 260s came up on that thread.
    A forumite bought some, and said the material and cut had changed a lot from the style that I was familiar with.

It could be that that new style/cut fits you perfectly of course, and for £30 (Assuming you can return them easily enough) I'd be inclined to definitely give them a go.

*If I find the other thread I will post it later.

EDIT: Have now realised following Rick's post that it is the Pro SL's I have used and still do, so all of the above is null and void - sorry :-(
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • rick_chasey
    edited October 2023
    daniel_b said:

pangolin said:

andyrr said:

@daniel_b might know
    Regrettably I'm not massively in a position to comment.

I have a lot of the 260 shorts but probably made about 5 or 6 years ago, I still have some ones in their packaging from that era.

If you search the forum, I think there was a thread in the last 12 months about 'top end shorts' or wording to that effect, and the 260s came up on that thread.
    A forumite bought some, and said the material and cut had changed a lot from the style that I was familiar with.

It could be that that new style/cut fits you perfectly of course, and for £30 (Assuming you can return them easily enough) I'd be inclined to definitely give them a go.

*If I find the other thread I will post it later.
    This was me and I ended up going for the Pro SL version.

FWIW, my friend (and former forumer) uses them and prefers them to the Pro SL, and he regularly does 200km rides.

This review from last year says they're good value at £85, so go figure.

https://road.cc/content/review/endura-fs260-pro-bibshort-285665
  • pangolin
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • andyrr
    Thanks, will add a pair of these to my wardrobe - I’ve a few decent pairs of shorts with life left in them but I’m always the lookout for a good deal.
  • rick_chasey
    Minor gripe on the Pro SLs which i imagine are anatomically related but despite ordering the narrow pad it still creeps up the crack and causes chaffing in the heat.

Nothing some well placed chamois cream doesn't solve but other pads don't do this.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,448
    andyrr said:

Very comfortable shorts, nice pad, thousands of miles without issue. More room in the groin area than Castelli shorts.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • rick_chasey
    edited October 2023
    seanoconn said:

andyrr said:

Very comfortable shorts, nice pad, thousands of miles without issue. More room in the groin area than Castelli shorts.
    >:)