Forum home BikeRadar team Deals and offers

Thread to tell everyone what bargains you've spotted!

1575576578580581584

Posts

  • galatzogalatzo Posts: 1,295
    I placed 2 orders, one is held, the other packing (which is the order with most in)
    I'm gonna hold on the prices were so good, if I receive great, if not its not the end if the world!
    I bought my Look from the Shirebrook store (which is amazing, so many top bikes and kit in one place) and no issues.
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • mrb123mrb123 Posts: 2,787
    "We have received your order and will process it promptly"

    That message has been there for a week...
  • ibr17xviiibr17xvii Posts: 432
    mrb123 said:

    "We have received your order and will process it promptly"

    That message has been there for a week...

    Have you tried ringing / emailing?
  • mrb123mrb123 Posts: 2,787
    ibr17xvii said:

    mrb123 said:

    "We have received your order and will process it promptly"

    That message has been there for a week...

    Have you tried ringing / emailing?
    The website suggests they're not taking calls.

    I sent a couple of emails to them prior to placing the order. One wasn't replied to and the other was replied to but only after a few days.

    I'll chase them up some time next week if the order status remains unchanged. Like I said, I'm in no desperate hurry, but wouldn't mind knowing if the order isn't going to be fulfilled.
  • redvisionredvision Posts: 2,659
    I emailed them about a set of wheels I wanted. Was told they were in stock but would be processed as a lower priority order and delivery would be expected in 4-6 weeks.

    I wasn't in a rush, would just be for training, but I'm uncomfortable with companies who take the money up front before the order is processed, especially when they know that processing will be slow. So I've decided against it.
  • daniel_bdaniel_b Posts: 8,712
    mrb123 said:

    "We have received your order and will process it promptly"

    That message has been there for a week...

    I expect it will change to 'Held' in the next day or two.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • wolfsbane2kwolfsbane2k Posts: 2,992
    "Unraveling the Cycling City bundles the state-of-the-art knowledge that emerges from research and practice on the Dutch cycling system. As such, it provides an easily accessible platform to learn about important causes and effects, to open minds for the complexity of the entire system and to support group deliberations around the world."

    Zero Monetary Cost (aka free), 5 week course (circa 3-6 hours work a week) if you are interested in improving your city/area for those that cycle for transport. Or you can "formalise" it and pay £38 for a certificate if you want/desire to work in the transport planning circles.

    https://www.coursera.org/learn/unraveling-the-cycling-city
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...
  • mrfpbmrfpb Posts: 4,492
    Has Wolfsbane been infected?
  • poptart242poptart242 Posts: 487

    So they called me today - saying they couldn't fulfil the shoes as they're in a warehouse that is closed. They've refunded it, and the knee warmers I'd bought too. They say they'll call me when they know they can fulfil it but let's be honest, they're not going to be selling £340 shoes for £85 again are they... not impressed.

    That being said the person on the end of the phone was lovely and most likely very harassed. Mike Ashley can do one though

    Update from me - after my call on Friday, the items they could send were dispatched and arrived on Saturday morning. I don't think I'll be hearing from them any time soon on the shoes or knee warmers, but I'm happy with my Mavic gravel jersey and socks for the price I'd paid.

    My order was moved to 'essential' because it contained shoes, but then they dispatched it anyway even though they couldn't fulfil them??
  • bendertherobotbendertherobot Posts: 11,668
    Garmin 1030 £299 at wiggle
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • wolfsbane2kwolfsbane2k Posts: 2,992
    mrfpb said:

    Has Wolfsbane been infected?

    Nah.
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...
  • mrb123mrb123 Posts: 2,787
    For anyone looking for some Chinese carbon wheels, LightBicycle (one of the most well regarded and reputable direct Chinese sellers) currently doing free postage during April.

    That saves 70USD on a wheelset and 49USD on a pair of rims. There is still the option available to pre-pay the UK import duty.
  • redvisionredvision Posts: 2,659
    edited April 2020

    Garmin 1030 £299 at wiggle

    Likewise at halfords and now the BC 10% off can be used online there!

    Worth noting though, the 1030 is reduced as Garmin are about to release a newer model.

    Same applies to the varia radar.
  • mrb123mrb123 Posts: 2,787
    daniel_b said:

    mrb123 said:

    "We have received your order and will process it promptly"

    That message has been there for a week...

    I expect it will change to 'Held' in the next day or two.
    Oh ye of little faith.

    Order status now "packing" with the message "we are currently preparing your order for dispatch".
  • ibr17xviiibr17xvii Posts: 432
    redvision said:

    Garmin 1030 £299 at wiggle

    Likewise at halfords and now the BC 10% off can be used online there!

    Worth noting though, the 1030 is reduced as Garmin are about to release a newer model.

    Same applies to the varia radar.
    There's a new Varia coming out?

    Not been that long since the last one.
  • ibr17xviiibr17xvii Posts: 432
    mrb123 said:

    daniel_b said:

    mrb123 said:

    "We have received your order and will process it promptly"

    That message has been there for a week...

    I expect it will change to 'Held' in the next day or two.
    Oh ye of little faith.

    Order status now "packing" with the message "we are currently preparing your order for dispatch".
    Hopefully you get sorted.

    I think I'm gonna look elsewhere, I keep changing my mind about what I want / need anyway but that's a whole other story........
  • redvisionredvision Posts: 2,659
    ibr17xvii said:

    redvision said:

    Garmin 1030 £299 at wiggle

    Likewise at halfords and now the BC 10% off can be used online there!

    Worth noting though, the 1030 is reduced as Garmin are about to release a newer model.

    Same applies to the varia radar.
    There's a new Varia coming out?

    Not been that long since the last one.
    Yes. The varia rtl510 is two years old now. Garmin had scheduled the launch of the new one for the second quarter of 2020 but has been delayed due to the virus.
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 4,407
    edited April 2020
    Start fitness have some Merida branded inner tubes for £1.50 a go +p&p. 26", 29" and 700c available but no 27.5".
    https://m.startfitness.co.uk/merida-lightweight-bicycle-inner-tube-presta-valve-mlitpv.html

    Use code extra10 for 10% off.

    They've also got other random items at silly prices (£5 jerseys), especially if you're at the extreme ends of sizes.




  • mrb123mrb123 Posts: 2,787
    ibr17xvii said:

    mrb123 said:

    daniel_b said:

    mrb123 said:

    "We have received your order and will process it promptly"

    That message has been there for a week...

    I expect it will change to 'Held' in the next day or two.
    Oh ye of little faith.

    Order status now "packing" with the message "we are currently preparing your order for dispatch".
    Hopefully you get sorted.

    I think I'm gonna look elsewhere, I keep changing my mind about what I want / need anyway but that's a whole other story........
    Order still in "packing". They must be making a very careful job of it.
  • daniel_bdaniel_b Posts: 8,712
    edited April 2020
    mrb123 said:

    ibr17xvii said:

    mrb123 said:

    daniel_b said:

    mrb123 said:

    "We have received your order and will process it promptly"

    That message has been there for a week...

    I expect it will change to 'Held' in the next day or two.
    Oh ye of little faith.

    Order status now "packing" with the message "we are currently preparing your order for dispatch".
    Hopefully you get sorted.

    I think I'm gonna look elsewhere, I keep changing my mind about what I want / need anyway but that's a whole other story........
    Order still in "packing". They must be making a very careful job of it.
    LOL, not checked back for a bit, logged in just now, and mine says packing, no idea how long it has said that, but as per your order, we'll see how long it takes to send, and whether I get both items, 1 item, or 0 items!

    Status is Picked!
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • bmxboy10bmxboy10 Posts: 1,873
    If Debenhams has gone bust maybe his other businesses will follow......
  • redvisionredvision Posts: 2,659
    redvision said:

    ibr17xvii said:

    redvision said:

    Garmin 1030 £299 at wiggle

    Likewise at halfords and now the BC 10% off can be used online there!

    Worth noting though, the 1030 is reduced as Garmin are about to release a newer model.

    Same applies to the varia radar.
    There's a new Varia coming out?

    Not been that long since the last one.
    Yes. The varia rtl510 is two years old now. Garmin had scheduled the launch of the new one for the second quarter of 2020 but has been delayed due to the virus.
    Varia 2 now reduced at halfords and other places (assume clearing stock for the new version). Bargain @ £99! Plus you can use the 10% BC discount online now! And don't forget quidco.

    https://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-accessories/bike-lights/garmin-varia-2-radar-tail-light-654906.html
  • For those of you with SRAM cranksets, 38T Rival1 for £55 https://www.wiggle.co.uk/sram-rival-1-chainset-bb30-bb
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • ibr17xviiibr17xvii Posts: 432
    redvision said:

    redvision said:

    ibr17xvii said:

    redvision said:

    Garmin 1030 £299 at wiggle

    Likewise at halfords and now the BC 10% off can be used online there!

    Worth noting though, the 1030 is reduced as Garmin are about to release a newer model.

    Same applies to the varia radar.
    There's a new Varia coming out?

    Not been that long since the last one.
    Yes. The varia rtl510 is two years old now. Garmin had scheduled the launch of the new one for the second quarter of 2020 but has been delayed due to the virus.
    Varia 2 now reduced at halfords and other places (assume clearing stock for the new version). Bargain @ £99! Plus you can use the 10% BC discount online now! And don't forget quidco.

    https://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-accessories/bike-lights/garmin-varia-2-radar-tail-light-654906.html

    Highly recommend this & at £99 is an absolute steal.
  • kingstongrahamkingstongraham Posts: 13,197
    Does that just beep when there's a car behind you? Seems a lot of money still. I think I might be missing something.

  • redvisionredvision Posts: 2,659

    Does that just beep when there's a car behind you? Seems a lot of money still. I think I might be missing something.

    I thought so at first, but now think it's arguably garmins best cycling product - particularly if you have a neck issue which makes looking behind more difficult (as I do).

  • kingstongrahamkingstongraham Posts: 13,197
    I think it might be that I ride mostly in London and so I assume there's always a car behind me.
  • fenixfenix Posts: 5,437
    A mirror seems cheaper ?
  • redvisionredvision Posts: 2,659
    fenix said:

    A mirror seems cheaper ?

    yeah well turning your head (if you can) is cheaper than that.
    But don't mock the varia until you've tried it. It is simply brilliant and a great assistance.
  • johngtijohngti Posts: 905
    redvision said:

    fenix said:

    A mirror seems cheaper ?

    yeah well turning your head (if you can) is cheaper than that.
    But don't mock the varia until you've tried it. It is simply brilliant and a great assistance.
    Just bought one - looked at some reviews, seems a no-brainer and now it has Wahoo support its ideal. I get an awful stiff neck at the best of times so hopefully this'll make life a little easier.
Sign In or Register to comment.