Thread to tell everyone what bargains you've spotted!

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    Mr Plum wrote:
    Great quality Nonnas/Planet X Long Sleeve Jersey @ £14.99

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/CLN ... eve-jersey
    Thanks for that. Duly ordered
    And arrived today. Ordered a large and its definitely on the slimmer side of large. OK for me but if you're more than 78kg @ 6', you might want to go XL
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    Mr Plum wrote:

And arrived today. Ordered a large and its definitely on the slimmer side of large. OK for me but if you're more than 78kg @ 6', you might want to go XL

Got mine too. I knew what expect with regards to the sizing so my large is just about perfect.
    FCN 2 to 8
  • Mr Plum
    Spotted these earlier - http://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/footwe ... low-p82931

Scott Road Team Issue Road Shoes 2010 - £179.99 reduced to £79.99...
    FCN 2 to 8
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    Mr Plum wrote:
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    Mr Plum wrote:

Got mine too. I knew what expect with regards to the sizing so my large is just about perfect.

I ordered one of the light blue long sleeves in XL which turned out to be too big. Anyone interested before I send it back to Planet X for a refund? Would prefer meeting in central/south east London for collection in person to avoid the hassle of posting.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    kelsen wrote:
    Mr Plum wrote:
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    Mr Plum wrote:

I ordered one of the light blue long sleeves in XL which turned out to be too big. Anyone interested before I send it back to Planet X for a refund? Would prefer meeting in central/south east London for collection in person to avoid the hassle of posting.

I might be interested. I'm in SE London and am about 6'3" and 80kg. Do you think it would fit?
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • kelsen
    I might be interested. I'm in SE London and am about 6'3" and 80kg. Do you think it would fit?

Might be ok on you. You're welcome to have a look and try it on if we're able to meet. I commute between Croydon and the City. Will PM you my contact no. if you are interested.
  • BigMat wrote:

Ordered those, I suspect the "slight musty-smell" will wash out and they'll be ace next winter. Cheers.
  • Mr Plum
    BigMat wrote:

Ordered those, I suspect the "slight musty-smell" will wash out and they'll be ace next winter. Cheers.

What's the sizing like on those?
    FCN 2 to 8
  • kelsen
    Mr Plum wrote:
    BigMat wrote:

+1 How do they compare to other brands?
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    kelsen wrote:
    Mr Plum wrote:
    BigMat wrote:

+1 How do they compare to other brands?

There is a sizing guide, but it is for height rather than waist - I don't know off hand what my inside leg / back length are in cm's so I just guessed large. Its lycra, it'll be stretchy...

Oh, and I imagine they'll be more than "a bit musty" aftertheir first proper wear I imagine, so I have no issue with that!
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    Front length? Back length? Hip to hip? Who sizes things like that??

Inside leg is fair enough but it ranges from 24.2 to 27.3 inches? Eh?

I'm 6' tall with a 30" waist, any ideas?
  • thegibdog wrote:

+1

I've just dug out the tape measure, and what i'm measuring bears no relation to the sizing guide :?
    I'm 6' 1" with a 34" waist

I'm kinda thinking L?
    You're the light wiping out my batteries; You're the cream in my airport coffee's.
  • Mr Plum
    I'm 5'11'' with a 32'' waist and I'm going for a medium...
    FCN 2 to 8
  • nation
    nation Posts: 609
    Ooh, ordered two of the (short sleeve) jerseys. One in each colour.

Would have got a Nonna's one as well, but they're out of my size.
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    shimano-rs80-wheel-carbon-laminate-rear.jpg

Shimano RS80 clincher wheelset for £311, CRC price matched Ribble, amazing cos Ribble are always out of stock and CRC offer fantastic service! 8)

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=38244

edit: epic, going to get some P-X jerseys, need something high vis!
  • BigMat wrote:

Worth a punt, duly ordered.
    Buying gear for autumn/winter already?
    What is the world coming to?
    You're the light wiping out my batteries; You're the cream in my airport coffee's.
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    I wonder whether the measurements are for the unstretched garment (bearing in mind that tights stretch quite a bit when you put them on. If that's right, the best way to work out the sizing is to measure one of your existing pairs, if you already have some.

NB: I haven't actually tried this, I just took a punt and ordered two XXL pairs, because my current XL (different brand) are a bit on the small side...
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • mattsaw
    mattsaw Posts: 907
    This thread is making very expensive viewing :shock:
    Bianchi C2C - Ritte Bosberg - Cervelo R3
    Strava
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    I ordered those tights. I ordered XXL but phoned and changed to XL....
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • kelsen
    I ordered those tights. I ordered XXL but phoned and changed to XL....

Let us know how you get on. Not sure whether to go for the M or L.
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Purchased 2 x Jerseys, never gone Large before! Odd sizes but fingers crossed, will get more if they fit!
  • BigMat wrote:

Mine arrived today.
    L fits like a glove.
    Now, I have a cold at the mo, but my housemate can't detect any musty odour.
    Still, went straight into the washer as a precaution.
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    thegibdog wrote:

+1

I've just dug out the tape measure, and what i'm measuring bears no relation to the sizing guide :?

I'm kinda thinking L?
    I asked Planet X which size to go for and they said large... then I looked at the website and saw the medium were out of stock so treated the recommendation with a bit of scepticism and decided not to bother.
  • thegibdog wrote:
    thegibdog wrote:

+1

I'm kinda thinking L?
    I asked Planet X which size to go for and they said large... then I looked at the website and saw the medium were out of stock so treated the recommendation with a bit of scepticism and decided not to bother.

Mine were hidden under the doormat when I got back from a weekend away. I'm 6' 3" with a 33" waist and a 42" chest and went for large. They're a good enough fit for me, slim fitting but quite tight when zipping up over the chest.

No musty smell at all with mine. Worth noting that they're unpadded, though.
  • phy2sll2
    phy2sll2 Posts: 680
    Just received my Planet-x / On-one SS Jerseys today. Fit brilliantly and no problem with them still being damp / marked at all.

I'm 5'10", slim-ish and went for a medium.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Got my Planet X shirt / tights over the weekend.

I'm 6'2", 33 leg, 33 inch waist, 39" chest (oh to be a regular size!)

Shirt is L, pretty good fit (M may have worked) - arms seem slightlt loose and have 70's style football shirt style capped sleeves which is a bit odd, but great for £10 and no musty smell.

Tights are also L, seem like a great fit. I too was surprised by the lack of pad, but probably makes sense as I can then just stick them over various pairs of shorts and cut down on the washing a bit. Glad I kept the shorts I ripped the buttock out of the other week now - will be fine under the tights!
  • Mr Plum
    Got mine too. No mustyness at all, but the jersey definitely felt a bit moist or something, but didn't smell at all - I probably wouldn't have noticed if I wasn't looking for faults...
    FCN 2 to 8