Thread to tell everyone what bargains you've spotted!

Comments

• notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Aidy wrote:
    Aidy wrote:
    The shorts sizes are blatant lies.
    They've obviously been bribed by fat people to make themselves feel better.

The 30" actually comes out as a 38". Not happy.

Posted too soon.

Just checked the other set I bought. That comes out as a 35" waist. Awesome.

Unless any fat people with size complexes want to step forward, I'll be returning these tomorrow.

I was tempted by these, but the sizing issue is a concern. So did they just send you the wrong size or is the label on the shorts just wrong?
  • Harry182
    Harry182 Posts: 1,170
    I've also returned most of my Bspoke order due to sizing issues. The 30" shorts were returned for same reasons as Aidy's and the medium full-zip merino jersey measured 48"(!!!) around the chest. Shame really as the quality/value for money was otherwise extremely good.

On the bright side I may use the refund to buy a set of merino base layers from Planet-X. Anyone have any experience with Planet-X's sizing?
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    notsoblue wrote:
    I was tempted by these, but the sizing issue is a concern. So did they just send you the wrong size or is the label on the shorts just wrong?

They're labeled incorrectly. But, by which, I mean the label that's sewn into the shorts is wrong.

I suspect there are some QC issues. In any case, I'm asking for a refund rather than an exchange as I don't trust them now.
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Aidy wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:

They're labeled incorrectly. But, by which, I mean the label that's sewn into the shorts is wrong.

I suspect there are some QC issues. In any case, I'm asking for a refund rather than an exchange as I don't trust them now.

Hmmm, thats a real shame!
  • Origamist
    Origamist Posts: 807
    Bspoke stuff comes up huge. I'm 6'2", 34" waist, 40" chest and wear a Medium in their tops (in Italian sizing I'm an XL or XXL). Order at least one size down, possibly two. That said, I only use the Bspoke kit for trips to the pub/cinema etc
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Yeah the shorts I bought were enormous. I actually chose a larger size because I knew I would be wearing them over lycra stuff but they are very big. I just wear them with a belt though, couldn't be bothered to return them....
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • Aidy
    Yeah the shorts I bought were enormous. I actually chose a larger size because I knew I would be wearing them over lycra stuff but they are very big. I just wear them with a belt though, couldn't be bothered to return them....

The thing that really gets me is that I ordered 2 pairs of the same size, and they're different sizes, despite being labeled the same.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Aidy wrote:

The thing that really gets me is that I ordered 2 pairs of the same size, and they're different sizes, despite being labeled the same.

Really?! May be that's why they are reduced so significantly - because the sizes are all over the place so they're seconds...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • straas wrote:

I like this! I Like this a lot!
  • Aidy
    Really?! May be that's why they are reduced so significantly - because the sizes are all over the place so they're seconds...

Yes, really.
  • Blue Meanie
    Blue Meanie Posts: 495
    FCN16 - 1970 BSA Wayfarer

FCN4 - Fixie Inc
  • Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097

I think this starts tomorrow? I've got my eye on a couple of things...
    FCN 2 to 8
  • UpTheWall
    UpTheWall Posts: 207
    Bah. Evans.

Got an email yesterday about the Scott clothing sale at Evans.

I liked the look of the Scott LTD Bib-Shorts which were reduced to 44.99.

Added them to my basket, and still 44.99.

Signed in, got to checkout, and bumped up to 49.99.

I went through the process a few times to double check and the same.

Sent off a complaint to customer services. Their reply?

"I have looked at the link you provided (please see below ) and the bib shorts are advertised at £49.99 not at £44.99 " along with a screen shot of the adjusted page now showing 49.99.

Rather duplicitous if you ask me. Rather than fess up, they imply the mistake is mine.
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Mr Plum wrote:

I think this starts tomorrow? I've got my eye on a couple of things...
    25th to 28th March

(I received their catalog today :D)
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    UpTheWall wrote:
    Bah. Evans.

"I have looked at the link you provided (please see below ) and the bib shorts are advertised at £49.99 not at £44.99 " along with a screen shot of the adjusted page now showing 49.99.

Rather duplicitous if you ask me. Rather than fess up, they imply the mistake is mine.

Not sure what you'd expect customer services to do, I can't imagine the person responding to the email had anything to fess up to - they'd not be privvy to DB errors and if the price history says 49.99 then that's what they'll reply.
    They've always been spot on pricematching things for me and rarely seem to try and get out of things, even if a few times I think they might be matching an error on another site.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • UpTheWall
    UpTheWall Posts: 207
    dhope wrote:
    UpTheWall wrote:
    Bah. Evans.

Not sure what you'd expect customer services to do, I can't imagine the person responding to the email had anything to fess up to - they'd not be privvy to DB errors and if the price history says 49.99 then that's what they'll reply.
    They've always been spot on pricematching things for me and rarely seem to try and get out of things, even if a few times I think they might be matching an error on another site.

Erm, offer me the shorts at the advertised price at best.
    (Trade descriptions and all)
    Apologise for the mistake at worst.

Not pretend it didn't happen
  • dhope
    UpTheWall wrote:
    dhope wrote:
    UpTheWall wrote:
    Bah. Evans.

Erm, offer me the shorts at the advertised price at best.
    (Trade descriptions and all)
    Apologise for the mistake at worst.

Not pretend it didn't happen

Trade descriptions and all gets thrown around a lot.
    A price shown on a website is not a contract, only when they've taken money are they obliged to sell at that price. By the time you got to the checkout it was displaying the 'correct' price so they've not deceived.

Am simply saying the person that replied likely had no way to check what was on your screen at that time, and if it wasn't still in your basket and the pricing history didn't show it as ever having been 44.99 then they're probably told not to apologise for things they have no record of ever having happened. Irritating, sure. Duplicitous, nah.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Zachariah
    Zachariah Posts: 782
    A common misconception - the advertised price is not part of the description of the item itself, and the vendor is under no obligation to sell you something at a wrongly-marked price (otherwise people would make a living scanning car lots and estate agents for printing mistakes). Trades descriptions rules come in to play AFTER the transaction is completed (ie you have already bought it) otherwise there is no relationship between you and the vendor to justify any action.

Of course, many companies will honour a mistakenly-priced item to keep the customer sweet, but this is done purely out of good will.
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Most website T&C include E&OE or Error and Omissions Excepted

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E%26OE.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • calonuk
    calonuk Posts: 78
    http://activesport.co.uk/shop/article_8 ... .KABC1B%26

Saw this and thought it was a bargain.

exercise.png
  • Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • Zachariah
    Zachariah Posts: 782
    The ZipVit sampler pack is going for £4.50 inc. postage at PBK - not bad for a new bottle and a selection of fancy bike sweets.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Zachariah wrote:
    The ZipVit sampler pack is going for £4.50 inc. postage at PBK - not bad for a new bottle and a selection of fancy bike sweets.

-6 in stock :(
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    damn!!! now that's a bargain ebay item 180639775859

NOS 70s Reynolds 531 steel frame & fork for £90 buy it now :shock:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • dhope
    itboffin wrote:

I'm after a steel fixed as it happens. 65cm frame, that'd be a bit large for my 5'10" I imagine :(
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    dhope wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

I'm after a steel fixed as it happens. 65cm frame, that'd be a bit large for my 5'10" I imagine :(

Yeh I guess it would although they do have a couple of chromed frames, call them they frequently have real bargains.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    Great quality Nonnas/Planet X Long Sleeve Jersey @ £14.99

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/CLN ... eve-jersey

Italian sizes so size up...
    FCN 2 to 8
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Mr Plum wrote:
    Great quality Nonnas/Planet X Long Sleeve Jersey @ £14.99

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/CLN ... eve-jersey
    Thanks for that. Duly ordered