London Calling

Comments

• popstar
    popstar Posts: 1,392
    Planning to ride early morning this Sunday, in a range of 8.00-11.00 ... as still after ride have to go to work! Anyone interested, give a shout. And welcome to forums metalmonkey*.
    What could have been (Video)

I'll choose not put too much stake into someone's opinion who is admittingly terrible though
  • popstar
    gregsd wrote:
    ...Don't even have a clue if CYB can be remotely compared to Surrey Hills...

LOL! They actually have hills in Wales, you know :wink: Lets see what you say when you get back...

After trip to CYB* I wouldn't realy say that it's hard to ride welsh hills, they are somewhat a tad longer, but have to agree that you can't realy compare Wales with Surrey hills. Managed to convince better half to ride Dragons Back* , and even she, being unfit could complete full distance ... in 5 hours. Shame it was snowing on next day, otherwise would go for other trails.
    Having said that, it was reaaaaal gooood!

I'll choose not put too much stake into someone's opinion who is admittingly terrible though
  • Helter
    Helter Posts: 137
    Saturday ride around Leith Hill with Supra-Man was shweet as!! A lot more ups than Swinley then there were the downs as well :lol: I'm sure there are loads more trails around Swinley and Leith Hill that i've missed though, there's only so much you can fit into 3 hours.

Anyone going to either spot this weekend? Thinking 9 - 9:30 Saturday or Sunday
    Charge Duster (RIP)
    Ragley mmmBop
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Maybe up for it Sunday. Can't really make it Saturday except maybe a quick blast between 2pm (1.30 at a push) and whenever the sun goes down (4.45-ish now?)... which tends to be when I manage to drag myself out most weekends anyway :D

Interested in Leith but I'm addicted to Holmbury and Pitch at the moment (and exploring Winterfold) and not knowing Leith much I'm not convinced it's as good. Need a guide really else I'll end up finding nothing.

Holmbury and Pitch are great though and Peaslake is just such a good base to start from.

I'm giving Swinley a rest at the moment but I can be persuaded. I just don't get enough exercise there and little in the way of surprises now but I'm probably still missing stuff I don't know about.
  • This week end should be fine with me , rear mesh gets changed tomorrow.

yes i did leith hill most of the morning on 9 th gear on an Enduro.... I swear the climbs were harder than in the alps.... real killer work out

I dont know holmbury or pitch yet, so why not. :wink:

for the moment can do both sat and sunday.
    specialized enduro 06 gone snif
    RS Lyrik U-turn sold
    Mondraker Dune XR

My Megavalanche qualifier : http://vimeo.com/15094020
  • Atz
    Atz Posts: 1,383
    My HT is out of action after last weekend but might fettle the FS into some sort of condition for Sunday if there's an early one going. After last weekend, also have some "new" trails in the Fleet/Aldershot area uncovered.

kenny - Unless swinley has dried out, give it a miss, the trails were bad 2 weeks back and wouldn't have got less messed up in the meantime.
  • popstar
    Coming this Sunday to Surrey Hills. Route = Climb on pitch hill, ride TS-Proper beu-T5, then small brake in Peaslake if required. Climb on Holmbury, ride Youghurt pots-Telegraph row then gentle pass towards Barry Knows Best. All ride should take at gentle pace around 3hours. Planning to start 8.00ish from peaslake, as after a ride need to go to work!

p.s* for unfit riders it's the least climb more ride type of route.

• Atz
    Depending on whether the HT and I can reach an agreement on repairs, might join you. I really don't want to be bothered with cleaning the linkage on my Trance after a day in the mud.
  • popstar
    Supraman, Helter ... you lot sleeping?! Deadkenny somehow quite as well? Metalmonkey fancy a ride? God it takes few shouts for lazy peeps to start moving, don't be couchpotatoes, x-box games won't make you fit!

• hey Im not sleeping, sunday should be good, Ill confirm tomorrow, normally i get my new rear derailleur.
    :D
    RS Lyrik U-turn sold
    Mondraker Dune XR

• Helter
    Sleeping? In a bit maybe, just making the most of the thirsty Thursdays so am fresh and ready for the weekend. Sunday's all good. Let me know where and will see you there for the early bird start.

XBox? Am the PS generation
    Charge Duster (RIP)
    Ragley mmmBop
  • Atz
    Whereabouts exactly you meeting?
  • popstar
    Supraman Helter Atz ... you all live in west London? I can offer 2 spots in me car only tho, never took 3 bikes on a rack but guess it will be fine. And for meeting point ... have to arrange it, your suggestions?!

What about Deadkenny and Metalmonkey? You guys lurking on forums or what?

• Anonymous
    I'm always lurking. Maybe not on forums though :D

I'll see what I can do on Sunday. 8am is very early for me! I'm no morning person, especially at the weekends.

Count me in anyway. I can always go back to bed after :D

As for meeting point, if you're doing Pitch/Holmbury, then a good spot is the car park at Walking Bottom (Peaslake). It's the big one at the bottom of the climb up to Pitch. That's where I park anyway.
  • Atz
    Nah, don't need a lift thanks. As long as I know where to meet up and as long as I can get the rear mech/hanger back in order, should all be fine.
  • popstar
    Ok, the car park at the bottom of Pitch Hill will be meeting point. It's best place overall, not that busy. What about wannabe Sunday Warriors from W London? ;-) helter have you finally got a car rack or you come with me?

• Helter
    Atz, being the genius that he is, suggested taking the wheels off. The bike fits nicely into the motor now so am good thanks. Anyone know a road and postcode that I can plug into the Tom Tom that will take me near the car park?
    Charge Duster (RIP)
    Ragley mmmBop
  • postcode could be useful too or name of road, normally the parts have arrived and fit everything on tomorrow. :wink:
    RS Lyrik U-turn sold
    Mondraker Dune XR

• popstar
    Go to website of peaslake bike shop, pedal and spoke* I believe, and simply put that postcode into tomtom.

• Atz
    I think the question was exactly where the carpark is rather than where peaslake is ;)
  • popstar
    Walking Bottom
    Peaslake
    Surrey
    GU5 9RR

it's going/passing from MTB Shop to Peaslake communal hall , then drive few yards and first off to the left to large car park.

• popstar
    Considering that on average it takes about 1hour to drive from W London to Peaslake, all you guys happy to meet at 8.00ish at Peaslake? Is there anyone has been left out to whom I could give a lift? 

• Helter
    Cheers for the directions.

Can make 8am no worries as you said you've work after. If we can push it back half an hour or so that would be ideal though?
    Charge Duster (RIP)
    Ragley mmmBop
  • popstar
    Think it's better to try 8.00 as there always waiting time for other peeps or preparations, guess on average it's no more than 20-30min. Anything over that, would be considered rude towards others. But then, our group should agree on timing.

Atz, Supraman, Deadkenny, Helter, Pops... seems like group of 5 riders coming? Plz confirm for all to know if you can make early start at Peaslake, don't want to be rude myself but I am limited to time and must finish 11.30* latest ... but if you guys don't get enough am sure it's your liberty to stay for as long as you may have liked.

• Atz
    I found a mech hanger in the toolbox and assuming the indexing isn't massively off when I pedal up and down the road outside, I'm on for 8
  • Anonymous
    I'm on for 8 also. If I'm not there (i.e. I oversleep! :D), don't wait.

Don't know what standard everyone is, but if I'm too slow, I'm fine to do my own thing :D.

p.s. I'm Tim by the way.
  • I m good for tomorrow at 8, see you guys there.
    RS Lyrik U-turn sold
    Mondraker Dune XR

• popstar
    I wouldn't say that would be a race, but some easiest way of climbing and average speed descends down trails. So the latest person to arrive gonna have to put make up on? ;-)

• Atz
    Thats a totally different sort of day out altogether
  • popstar
    On serious note, am just planning to sit on Atz's tail and do some filming. As far as I know, Atz is fast on trails. Wish me luck at trying to keep up.