Comments

• Atz
    Atz Posts: 1,383
    Swinley
  • popstar
    popstar Posts: 1,392
    Hehhh wish i had a day off to join you :(
    What could have been (Video)

I'll choose not put too much stake into someone's opinion who is admittingly terrible though
  • What sort of time? Okay to tag along? though it will be my 1st ride for '10 so will need to warm up!!
  • supra-man
    supra-man Posts: 358
    I will gladly join you guys for a ride or regular ones from next weekend. I know many trails around leith hill ( surrey hills). I don’t really know swinley, but happy to ride as much as I can with a group for a change. It will help me prepare my races for the summer. 8)
    specialized enduro 06 gone snif
    RS Lyrik U-turn sold
    Mondraker Dune XR

My Megavalanche qualifier : http://vimeo.com/15094020
  • Helter
    Helter Posts: 137
    Let's ride!!

Am almost sorted for the ride this Saturday, need to Meths up my brakes to stop the banshee screech but will definitely be out there.

Am meeting up with these guys below as have no idea where I’m going but all are welcome to tag along.

http://www.d2-workshop.co.uk/vcgh_phase1/node/242

See you there
    Charge Duster (RIP)
    Ragley mmmBop
  • Atz
    Not sure what time I'm getting there (usually earlyish) but happy to guide around. Would possibly have enough room in my car to give a lift from my neck of the woods (Walton on Thames) if someone was desperate.
  • Forecast for heavy rain but I'm going to give it a whirl anyway. I'm hitching a ride out with Helter for a 9am start from the Lookout. Following the VCGH guys this time I think. Would be cool to meet up with you Atz and others as well. Chat in the car park... I'm on a tiny purpley Specialized Hardrock Sport.
  • Atz
    I'll be there around 9am unless it's pouring but may just go for couple of fast loops rather than joining the group. That said, looks like Mark from Hurtwood is running the whole thing so mebbe I'll tag along for a while as I've wussed out of helping his trail building efforts.
  • OK, well come and say hi at least. I'm not one for riding alone so it be good to meet up and then we know each other for future rides.

Forecast not good AT ALL!!! :?
  • Atz
    I'll either be on a red commencal hardtail or a silver Trance depending on how bad the weather is (no urge to clean crap out of the linkages and bearings for the rest of the weekend).
  • Is there still snow there?
  • Atz
    Probably a little but mostly gone. Was melting fast when I drove home last night past the area.
  • fatlad
    fatlad Posts: 105
    Hey chaps,

I would love to share my knowledge of trails around surrey hills with anyone that is interested - am in slight rehab with torn knee ligament so am pretty slow on the ups but can hold my own on the downs :)

Have car and bike rack and live a few miles south of sutton.
    If you dont ride in the rain, you dont ride
  • hey 'Fatlad"

interested in learning about some great routes at "Surrey hills" as I haven't been there before. I live in Sutton so not far from you - let me know when your up in the Hills next.

Al
  • ashleymp777
    ashleymp777 Posts: 1,212
    Fatlad and crazysmudge,

PM me when you next plan to go riding - my riding buddies are married now and cant really spend the time out on the trails!
  • Atz
    Ditto for me. Always up for a blast and building up more local riding pals is a bonus.
  • Cool, "Fatlad" looks like you are going to have quite a few riders following you. Let us know when you have a free weekend to go riding.
  • Atz
    Anyone for anything this weekend?
  • Helter
    Yeah for sure!

The ride last weekend ruined my brakes and gears though so need to sort them out. If the pads arrive tomorrow i'll be looking to head to Swinley late morning on Saturday or Sunday. Not too sure of my way around yet so if your heading over there can I tag along?
    Charge Duster (RIP)
    Ragley mmmBop
  • Atz
    Depends what you call late morning. My usual time is to get started around 9:30 or so :)
  • I can do Sat or Sunday morning. Let me know which it ends up being so I can organise a ladies lunch on the opposite day, thanks!
  • Helter
    Getting the bike sorted early Sat so can jump in the car for 9:30/ 10ish. It's about a 45 mins drive so will be just before 11 by the time we get going on the bikes. Sunday won't be a problem to get there for 9:30 though
    Charge Duster (RIP)
    Ragley mmmBop
  • Atz
    Sunday then. 9:30.
  • supra-man
    supra-man Posts: 358
    I ll come along with you guys on sunday if thats ok. :wink:
    Never been to swinley. Is there any place to meet up ??
    good occasion to meet a few riders of the area
    specialized enduro 06 gone snif
    RS Lyrik U-turn sold
    Mondraker Dune XR

My Megavalanche qualifier : http://vimeo.com/15094020
  • Atz
    Fine by me. Don't expect much of a turn of speed as both the conditions and the fact I'm "winter fit" (i.e. not at all) conspire against me.
  • Helter
    Won't be able to make it :cry: Seals have gone in my front calliper so need to get some new ones. Will be out next weekend though. Have a good one
    Charge Duster (RIP)
    Ragley mmmBop
  • Bike stolen!!!

yep. just discovered an empty spot where the bike once was.

Sadly, it may take me some time to rectify this situation. So until then, thanks guys, it was lovely riding with you.

damn. and a whole lot of other words.
  • Atz
    Well crap, sounds like a bad week in general for the West London pair. Just me and you then Supra... or me alone at this rate :)

rosie - Really bad news for you. Next time (fingers crossed you were insured), wheels off, bike under bed when not in use
  • popstar
    popstar Posts: 1,392
    Went today (saturday late lunch ride) with me wife to Surrey. Overestimated her tolerance to some MTB-ing. Ended up shouted at ... :shock: , but guess after some time will sort things out for some more action but albeit at slower pace +lots of explaining to her on how to ride easier, never mind that myself bad at it. The poor woman was scared of yoghurt pots ... telegraph row was fine but at walking pace, and Barry knows best ... she managed to crash. Well ... the bike is ok, which is important ... and she had long banana face looking at me. To make matters worse, next weekend we plan to go to Wales MTB-ing, please help me how to convince me wife back to MTB!
    And now she calls me crazy? I say she should just gone faster ... those wet roots love speed.

p.s. rosierosie ... sorry to hear your misfortune, specialized bikes are magnet to dirty scumbag thieves.
    What could have been (Video)

I'll choose not put too much stake into someone's opinion who is admittingly terrible though
  • Atz
    Forcing other half, not really a smart idea. If she wants to go, she will.