OT: HTC HD2 vs. iPhone

1235»

Comments

• DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    I just got am iphone 3Gs 16gb ordered through T-mobile.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    DonDaddyD wrote:

How much a month then? :)
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • DonDaddyD
    gabriel959 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

How much a month then? :)

£40 on an 18month contract 1000mins, unlimited text and wi-fi. Cost me £70 for the phone.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    *Sucks teeth* I'd would've gone for the 32Ggb myself...

Right choice though, none of that nasty HTC cr@p. :D
  • Oh - are you going to be making a lot of calls on it then?

Prolly should have said this earlier.

Battery life isn't so great :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Relax. You'll be fine. :wink:
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Stuey01
    Stuey01 Posts: 1,273
    Not bad DDD.

I've got the 8gb 3G iphone, started to put videos on it and wish I had the 16gb one now.
    Not climber, not sprinter, not rouleur
  • Eau Rouge
    Eau Rouge Posts: 1,118
    Greg66 wrote:

As you can imagine, I didn't care for English, lit, and it didn't care for me much either...

Fixed that for you.
  • DonDaddyD
    Greg66 wrote:
    Oh - are you going to be making a lot of calls on it then?

Prolly should have said this earlier.

Battery life isn't so great :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Relax. You'll be fine. :wink:

Meh, nothing will stop my iPhone dance. Nothing.

:P
    Food Chain number = 4

• DonDaddyD
    I got an iphone!

So this is what the future feels like?

Food Chain number = 4

• NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I got an iphone!

No the future is a BlackBerry

My sanity is restored at 18 months of hell with an iPhone! :D
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • NGale wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I got an iphone!

the keyboard didn't you say? which I agree is at best subpar. even as a digital one (rather than physical) it's far from class leading.
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    NGale wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I got an iphone!

the keyboard didn't you say? which I agree is at best subpar. even as a digital one (rather than physical) it's far from class leading.

I found the iPhone touch screen keyboard frankly drove me around the bend which is why I considered the Palm Pre for a while until I actually tried it (seeing the keyboard on that was an issue in itself!). I went back to the BlackBerry (the Curve 8900), a phone which I have had in one form or another since about 2001. It's reliable, the keyboard dosen't infruiate you, it can multi task (for christs sake Apple have you ever heard of multi tasking, people do that these days!) the battery lasts more than two hours when being used and it dosen't randomly switch itself off during calls or in apps. Most importantly the BlackBerry actually functions as a smartphone unlike iPhone which only serves as a fashion accessory these days. Strangely I get more positive comments about the phone now that I have a BlackBerry again.
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • NGale wrote:
    NGale wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I got an iphone!

I found the iPhone touch screen keyboard frankly drove me around the bend which is why I considered the Palm Pre for a while until I actually tried it (seeing the keyboard on that was an issue in itself!). I went back to the BlackBerry (the Curve 8900), a phone which I have had in one form or another since about 2001. It's reliable, the keyboard dosen't infruiate you, it can multi task (for christs sake Apple have you ever heard of multi tasking, people do that these days!) the battery lasts more than two hours when being used and it dosen't randomly switch itself off during calls or in apps. Most importantly the BlackBerry actually functions as a smartphone unlike iPhone which only serves as a fashion accessory these days. Strangely I get more positive comments about the phone now that I have a BlackBerry again.

yup all fair comments to be honest, while I do like the iphone it's limits have nothing to do with hardware or software, under the gloss hides UNIX. it's could do so much more than apple allows.

this said for us they (iphones) work very well, but we do a fair bit of the lifting else where with a server at home etc.
  • Had an iPhone but got rid of it after a year.

Was fed up with calls getting dropped and time it took to connect after dialing.

Went for the HD2, it's a top top handset with an absolute load of software tweaks that are available on the XDA forum.

iPhone apps are of course great but I found I wasn't using most of them as many are just gimmicky.

HD2 uses Windows mobile but most of it is hidden under the HTC Sense software.
    Windows Mobile 7 will be out next year and will no doubt improve the HD2 even more!
  • DonDaddyD
    Each to there own. The iPhone is more accessory than smartphone. Bit I think everything the pro iPhone bunch have been saying is spot on. I love this phone.

If I need a work phone then work can get me a blackberry. The iPhone is pure fun. I like the keyboard
    Food Chain number = 4