OT what X-mas present do you want?

Comments

• CdrJake
    CdrJake Posts: 296
    NGale with me for Christmas. It's not often I get Christmas off from work myself to it is a bit of an arse that she is having to work. We have New Year together, but it would have been nice to have our first Christmas together.

Other than that I want for nothing present wise, I have everything I could wish for.
    twitter: @JakeM1969
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Sidi genius 5

sidigenius5shoe.jpg

In my size but not the colour i'd like, what to do????

On sale too at £80
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    Coriander wrote:
    It's a list that's getting ever longer, which is a pity as I've asked for no presents:
      A pizza stone An oven thermometer

Pizza stone - got one, gash, don't bother, can't wash it in the dishwasher so utter tripe
    Oven thermometer quite useful however especiallyNONONONONO WHATAMISAYING?

I've had my pressie, a PS3, my PS2 finally died.

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Greg66 wrote:
    i can recommend Belstaff, although when I bought my two several years ago they were about £400 cheaper than they are now (even for the same jackets). Ah the privilege of being on the bleeding edge :wink: Actually I did get one off ebay, the bloke's missus was selling it to spite him for getting too fat to fit it! :lol:

I would like a Breitling Aeromarine Chrono Superocean - but that ain't gonna happen, ever.

I don't mind being a Johnny come lately wannabe. Much.

I couldn't really work out what the little dials were for on that sort of Breitling. The Airwolf appeals to the functional aesthetic in me.

James I forgot to say at the pub, Breitling are awesome. I've got thin girls wrists and the ladies version would look OK for size on me, couldn't wear the man's one, too big. But if I were you and could afford it, then yes.

In fact I'll go as far as to say that Breitling are one of the few watchmakers that I'd argue could justify the price of some of their watches. For example the links of the braclet are put in a special machine where lasers makesure the measurements of each link including the density are just right to ensure quality - or so my Manager told me when he went on the Breitling training course to see where and how they make their watches.

So yes, I I had the money and the wrists yes, I'd get a Breitling.

Me, I'm thinking about an Omega...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    NGale wrote:
    NGale wrote:
    I would just like Christmas Day and Boxing day off work. :cry:

I'm off from the 18th December and not back until the 11th January :D

I'm probably not helping here am I?

(Oh, and thanks for the Boardgames ideas... there's a fantastic place in Stoke I know that is a boardgame geek's paradise. I'm going to pop in there for some to get my friends kids)

Not helping in the slightest. This is the second christmas in a row I've had to work, and looking at my shifts next year I'll be working again next christmas :(

Oh heavens you sound like a nurse...are you? I have a vague recollection...something health sector...

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • Nothing much actually. I usually get a Joe Cornish ( http://www.joecornish.com/ ) calendar from my Mum, as all the photos are from where I grew up. I also usually get a bottle of Single Malt from the in-laws. More of the same this year, I hope.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    itboffin wrote:
    Sidi genius 5

sidigenius5shoe.jpg

On sale too at £80

where?
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    SecretSam wrote:
    Coriander wrote:
    It's a list that's getting ever longer, which is a pity as I've asked for no presents:
      A pizza stone An oven thermometer

Pizza stone - got one, gash, don't bother, can't wash it in the dishwasher so utter tripe
    Oven thermometer quite useful however especiallyNONONONONO WHATAMISAYING?

I've had my pressie, a PS3, my PS2 finally died.

But you should never wash a pizza stone. :shock: :roll:
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Should anyone's lottery numbers come up...
    http://www.sportivaimportareusa.com/uploads/MaximaRS_12pp_complete.pdf

Otherwise: Nothing whatsoever.
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    SecretSam wrote:
    NGale wrote:
    NGale wrote:
    I would just like Christmas Day and Boxing day off work. :cry:

I'm off from the 18th December and not back until the 11th January :D

I'm probably not helping here am I?

(Oh, and thanks for the Boardgames ideas... there's a fantastic place in Stoke I know that is a boardgame geek's paradise. I'm going to pop in there for some to get my friends kids)

Not helping in the slightest. This is the second christmas in a row I've had to work, and looking at my shifts next year I'll be working again next christmas :(

Oh heavens you sound like a nurse...are you? I have a vague recollection...something health sector...

close but no dice :lol:

Nope I work for the ambulance service as a call taker in the 999 section

I'm the nerd on the end of the phone asking all the questions when you've come off your bike :lol:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,952
    Clever Pun wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Sidi genius 5

sidigenius5shoe.jpg

On sale too at £80

where?

Leisurelakesbikes dude.

Dan
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • solsurf
    solsurf Posts: 489
    snowboard and bindings

Also if I'm lucky a chance to renew a cycle to work scheme voucher. :) I just need an excuse to add another bike to the collection :?
  • Jamey wrote:
    I want this:
    http://www.cuisinart.co.uk/content_sub. ... ID=9&id=21

But I don't think I'll get it.

They're nice, i've got one, and a matching slow cooker. It just keeps going and going and going. I've cooked everything on it, it even got put in a sports bag, taken to the river and used to cook a fry up for race committee running a regatta!

The slow cooker isn't as useful, but is great if you live alone as you can cook a week's meal in it and just leave it simmering when you're not eating. I tend to make christmas pot in mine, all the leftover meat i can get my hands on, a couple of bottles of wine, some decent bits of veg, and simmer for about 3 days, then decant some into a bowl, add paprika dumplings, stick in the oven for 30mins or so to cook the dumplings then eat. Amazing!
  • jedster
    jedster Posts: 1,717
    I couldn't really work out what the little dials were for on that sort of Breitling. The Airwolf appeals to the functional aesthetic in me.

Booger me. Just searched for Airwolf and the picture practically gave me a headache - it's got hands, markings and lcd displays up the whazoo.

Incidently the "watches for professionals" bobbins amuses me. One of my neighbours is a fast jet pilot. He wears a very simple analogue watch - looks a bit like an IWC pilot but I suspect a lot less expensive. If you think of the instrumentation in a cockpit, the idea that pilots spend much time meddling with all the functions on their absurdly overcomplicated watches seems a bit unlikely.

Except of course long haul civilian pilots who probably need something to keep them busy...
  • jedster
    jedster Posts: 1,717
    Back on topic I'm thinking perhaps these

http://www.ldmountaincentre.com/image.a ... uctid=2722

Line prophet 100 skis
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    OOh adding a Kindle2 to my list. I was resisting but am v tempted. Also a Castelli Mannaggia to replace my Solo that was destroyed in the crash. 9501_023.jpg
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    IP that jacket appears to have room for moobs......

For Christmas I would like to be happy.

Christmas is done and dusted as far as I am concerned :D
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    oooo pretty jacket, want want want
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Super quiff for the pub - nice!
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    Big Wib wrote:

Have you tried 'War on Terror' - a board game?

My brother got me that a couple of years ago.

It is actually a pretty good game (if you like Risk).

If you want to play the WMD card, you have to wait 45-mins...
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    jimmypippa wrote:
    Big Wib wrote:

Have you tried 'War on Terror' - a board game?

My brother got me that a couple of years ago.

It is actually a pretty good game (if you like Risk).

If you want to play the WMD card, you have to wait 45-mins...

or speak to the taxi driver :lol:
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • jedster wrote:

Booger me. Just searched for Airwolf and the picture practically gave me a headache - it's got hands, markings and lcd displays up the whazoo.

Incidently the "watches for professionals" bobbins amuses me. One of my neighbours is a fast jet pilot. He wears a very simple analogue watch - looks a bit like an IWC pilot but I suspect a lot less expensive. If you think of the instrumentation in a cockpit, the idea that pilots spend much time meddling with all the functions on their absurdly overcomplicated watches seems a bit unlikely.

Except of course long haul civilian pilots who probably need something to keep them busy...

Look, it's just a watch. One that you have to concentrate really hard to use.

So your mate the fast jet pilot. If he knew that the bezel on a Breitling is a circular slide rule that (with really good eyesight) you can use to work out your rate of ascent/descent, fuel consump, or arrival time, I reckon he'd be proper emerald with envy.

I like the one with the pull out aerial and radio transmitter for you crash land. If you set it off by accident, you have two choices. Pay the cost of an air rescue (perhaps a bit embarrassing if you're at home) or snap the aerial off. Choices, choices! :D
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • See now, I know a fast jet pilot or two really rather well.

One of them doesn't even wear a watch, it turns out that the RAF have at some point thought 'ah, these functions that this watch has... we should perhaps somehow incorporate these into the instrument panel so that pilots don't have to keep looking at their damn watch. I mean, really, if a bloomin' watch can do it you'd think we'd be able to. We, like, totally invented radar'.

Joking aside, nobody who flies good planes needs those functions. Note my use of the word 'good'. Yeah. You heard.
  • Eau Rouge
    Eau Rouge Posts: 1,118
    See now, I know a fast jet pilot or two really rather well.

One of them doesn't even wear a watch, it turns out that the RAF have at some point thought 'ah, these functions that this watch has... we should perhaps somehow incorporate these into the instrument panel so that pilots don't have to keep looking at their damn watch. I mean, really, if a bloomin' watch can do it you'd think we'd be able to. We, like, totally invented radar'.

Joking aside, nobody who flies good planes needs those functions. Note my use of the word 'good'. Yeah. You heard.

You've sort of hit the whole point of the watch though. There was a time when a pilot needed a good watch to navigate by, and if it can help with a bunch of other stuff too, all the better because they hadn't got around to building it into the planes yet.
    Mechanical watches in general are a throwback too, more about nostalgia than telling the time. £5 Casio's have done that perfectly well since the 70's.
    So, if having a mechanical watch is a throwback to the past, it may as well be a throwback to the time when a watch that did all these extra things would actually have been useful.
  • i want world peace
    i want to live in a world where everyone gets on, a wonderful world where there is no wars, diseases, hunger, or famine
    a clean beautiful world where people think not only of themseves but think more of others.
    i want to live in a world filled with smiling faces, where hate, jealousy, selfishness are banished
    christmas should be a celebration, a time for reflection, a opportunity to meet with friends, family and loved ones.
    these are the true values, monetry and materialism are not so important
    i also want to wish you all a merry christmas and a happy new year :)
  • Eau Rouge wrote:
    See now, I know a fast jet pilot or two really rather well.

You've sort of hit the whole point of the watch though. There was a time when a pilot needed a good watch to navigate by, and if it can help with a bunch of other stuff too, all the better because they hadn't got around to building it into the planes yet.
    Mechanical watches in general are a throwback too, more about nostalgia than telling the time. £5 Casio's have done that perfectly well since the 70's.
    So, if having a mechanical watch is a throwback to the past, it may as well be a throwback to the time when a watch that did all these extra things would actually have been useful.

Navigate by? Well sort of, but the only feature of the watch needed for that is the time. And most watches have that.
  • "Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy lies a small, unregarded yellow sun. Orbiting this at a distance of roughly 92 million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue-green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea. "
  • Stuey01
    Stuey01 Posts: 1,273
    I want a Garmin 705 road package. But at 29 I'm a bit old for presents from parents and the gf and I have set ourselves a limit of £50 each so we don't go and blow silly money on each other.

Think I'm gonna have to buy the Garmin myself... or a new snowboard... decisions decisions.
    Not climber, not sprinter, not rouleur
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Stuey01 wrote:
    I want a Garmin 705 road package. But at 29 I'm a bit old for presents from parents and the gf and I have set ourselves a limit of £50 each so we don't go and blow silly money on each other.

Think I'm gonna have to buy the Garmin myself... or a new snowboard... decisions decisions.

Both. I've always wanted to take the Garmin skiing but completely forgot when I had the opportunity. It'd be very cool to have a GPS log of a days skiing, and v interesting to see some of the speeds achieved.