OT what X-mas present do you want?

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited December 2009 in Commuting chat
On the strength that my teenage brother (16 on New Years day) is getting a laptop this Christmas/Birthday. I suggested my Mum and Dad buy me a Garmin Edge 705 road package (the one with the Garmin slipstream jersey's) cycle computer. I checked the jersey sizes and everything.

The response from my beloved Father:
"You avin a *@*!!!* laugh."

Now given that that was a straight copy and paste from the email it came from, things don't bode well for my Garmin.... :cry:

Anyway...

What Christmas presents are you asking for this Christmas?
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments

• jedster
    jedster Posts: 1,717
    you know I am really struggling...

I quite fancy a new bike or a new pair of skis but there is almost nothing else that I actually want.

Given that skis and bikes cost plenty of money and I "quite fancy" them rather than "really want" them, I'm being useless with ideas.

Oh, I did ask for a helmet cam.

Humbug!

J
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    well, and it doesn't surprise me, it's £330!!!!

Most expensive pressie in my family runs to about a £100...
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    A GoPro HD sports camera, although I'll have to heavily subsidise it!
  • Bikerbaboon
    Bikerbaboon Posts: 1,017
    New bike for me this year..... I kinda cheated and i already have it.... and been out on it 2 times :oops: 2009 trek 1.7 very happy bunny.

its for my birthday as well and im collecting cash from any fool that wants to give me present this year.
    Nothing in life can not be improved with either monkeys, pirates or ninjas
  • SPD pedals and shoes and maybe some new panniers (mine are really rubbish)

Non cycling related but really hopeing for a new top section mast for my boat.
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    My dad announced he was giving me £500 at the weekend!? I was afriad to quiz him and acted as if it was normal.

DDD - why don't you tell your GF and parents to club together for the Garmin - its on sale today for one day only at wiggle!
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,952
    edited December 2009
    What was the bargain super cheap Muvi camera equivalent as seen on ebay?

I quite fancy one of them.

I'm sure someone posted about it on here, but I'm damned if i can find it.

I also want a bracelet made out of real bicycle chain, can't find the link right now, but will post it later.

Also, anyone wanting to buy some jewellery with a bicycle slant, check this place out:
    http://www.bikegifts.net/bicycle-jewelry.asp?gclid=CNKBpJnzt54CFcqHzAodbQ-Mjw

Ordered a necklace and earrings for my gf, and granted you have to pay duty, and customs sat on them (not literally) for a while, and she loved them :D

The quality is superb as was customer service - I dealt with the designer herself, and I imagie it is her own business.

http://www.bikegifts.net/proddetail.asp?prod=SE416

And:

http://www.bikegifts.net/proddetail.asp?prod=jw006

Cheers

Dan
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • DonDaddyD
    Sewinman wrote:
    My dad announced he was giving me £500 at the weekend!? I was afriad to quiz him and acted as if it was normal.

DDD - why don't you tell your GF and parents to club together for the Garmin - its on sale today for one day only at wiggle!

Never double up your presents, you get less that way. School boy error.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • My list is pretty basic so far this year:

A cookbook by a lady called Ree Drummond
    An attachment for my Kenwood mixer
    AAaaaaaand that's it...
  • DonDaddyD
    My list is pretty basic so far this year:

A cookbook by a lady called Ree Drummond
    An attachment for my Kenwood mixer
    AAaaaaaand that's it...

Feck me, I thought you'd be asking for a Eurofighter or Concord or something...
    Food Chain number = 4

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,209
    Not too fussed about presents, so a bit of peace n quiet and a good stiff drink while I'm watching the Bond film that is inevitably shown on Xmas day in the afternoon :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Eau Rouge
    Eau Rouge Posts: 1,118
    My parents insist on paying for the ferry back home, which I'm happy for.
    I could twist the leggings/cleats/chain I need for the bike as Christmas presents, but I'll need them before then.

Other than that, nothing really. I don't overly like getting presents from people. It just makes me feel guilty that I maybe should buy them something and I know I never will.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Liv's list is fully two items longer than I have. Unless you count a pair of bling climbing wheels, which I don't :?

Same here, Stevo. Just good to see the family collected in one place. The exciting presents go to my nieces these days.
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • I just want peace and happiness for all.
    And something from Rapha.
    Cannondale Supersix / CAAD9 / Boardman 9.0 / Benotto 3000
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,209
    JonGinge wrote:
    Same here, Stevo. Just good to see the family collected in one place. The exciting presents go to my nieces these days.
    Too right Jon - got a bit tired of pressies when I realised I could afford the stuff I wanted at any time of year - just like to enjoy time out/family time/food & drink/no s0dding Blackberry beeping at me etc :)

Steve.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Garmin is cheaper at Handtec
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:
    Too right Jon - got a bit tired of pressies when I realised I could afford the stuff I wanted at any time of year - just like to enjoy time out/family time/food & drink/no s0dding Blackberry beeping at me etc :)

Steve.
    Oh my lord, yes
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • I've got a bday on the 23rd, so i'm asking for the new carbon fibre 456 when it comes out in the spring...
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    I just want peace and happiness for all.
    And something from Rapha.

+1, that was the instructions to my crowd, just take yourself and your wallet to a certain shop on Grays Inn Road, and don't see me untill both are empty :wink:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • Actually you lot could help me here :wink:

I want a pair of SPD waterproof and warm winter shoes... help?
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    Not after anything in particular.

First year my parents have actually asked me what I wanted, and I can't think of anything.

Most of the inexpensive type stuff I'll end up buying for myself as I want it, and anything pricey isn't really gift material, is it?
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    DDD you offering to buy us all something?

I would like an extra day in the week, three extra hours every night and I am a sucker for a nice hat.

Apart from that, I would like a restful holiday and some lovely times with my family and friends.
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • DonDaddyD
    edited December 2009
    linsen wrote:
    DDD you offering to buy us all something?

I would like an extra day in the week, three extra hours every night and I am a sucker for a nice hat.

Apart from that, I would like a restful holiday and some lovely times with my family and friends.

MMMmmm let me see...
    I would like an extra day in the week

I could look after the kids, wash, cook, clean, manage your bills, plough your field (allotment, you naughty minded bunch). Do all the things that take up a day. How's that? Or we could start our own 8 day week cult... what would the 8th day be spent doing?
    three extra hours every night

All as mighty and awesome as I am, I'm not sure my heart can meet these demands. I mean, damn... :P

One hell of a women there chaps....
    I am a sucker for a nice hat.

Something like this:

osiris-ny-lase-new-era-59fifty-fitted-baseball-cap.jpg
    I would like a restful holiday and some lovely times with my family and friends.

I know! How about a trip to the Morpeth?
    Food Chain number = 4

• linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    hahaha!

You are too kind DDD

Not that hat so much.......
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    Rubbish hat...

Google images gives us...

can-you-draw-someone-wearing-a-nice-hat.jpg
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • DonDaddyD
    Personally I could see Linsen in quite a chic beret...

rhinestone-beret-by-tara-subkoff-bebe.jpg

I wonder if she comes with the hat?
    Food Chain number = 4

• Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    It's a list that's getting ever longer, which is a pity as I've asked for no presents:
      The Ottolenghi cookbook Hugh F-W's fish cookbook Shimano 545 pedals A pizza stone An oven thermometer Agricola - a board game Diplomacy - a board game A job
  • Been very lucky this year...
    Veho Muvi & active kit... Really loved the size of this gadget and the opportunities of easily filming our pets (2 baby guinea pigs; 1 young syrian hamster; 1 old syrian hamster), family getogethers and cycling explorations.

Other really useful bits...
    Polaris Vortex gloves
    100mm/40 degree stem
    Met Testagrossa helmet
    Safety trainers
    Safety boot socks

"Pressies" to myself this week (from redundancy pay of job that finished in summer)...
    56cm Specialized Tricross Singlecross
    Fanatec 911 GT3 RS Clubsport Edition wheel & clamp (I do quite a bit of online "sim" racing eg. Rfactor; GTR Evolution; GTR2; NFS Shift [new 1.02 patch has made it less arcadey])
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • cyberknight
    cyberknight Posts: 1,238
    gabriel959 wrote:
    well, and it doesn't surprise me, it's £330!!!!

Most expensive pressie in my family runs to about a £100...

Feck i am lucky if we get £20 spent on a prezzie !!

I have just got some cheap panniers as a crimble present
    FCN 3/5/9