a magimix
    a very big frying pan so I can do loads of bacon at once
    a bigger TV - about 42"
    a stand for the TV since my current stand won't fit in the new house
    some blu rays
    some CDs
    sky hd

It shall all be mine :)
  • I just refer enquiries to Page 14 of the January 2010 edition of Cycling Plus.

<Sighs>
  • Coriander wrote:
    It's a list that's getting ever longer, which is a pity as I've asked for no presents:
      The Ottolenghi cookbook Hugh F-W's fish cookbook Shimano 545 pedals A pizza stone An oven thermometer Agricola - a board game Diplomacy - a board game A job

The Ottolenghi cookbook is very good. The Carrot cake and the Pear & Amaretto Crumble cake both come highly recommended by me (and lots of my friends)! :D
  • Big Wib
    Big Wib Posts: 363
    Coriander wrote:
    It's a list that's getting ever longer, which is a pity as I've asked for no presents:
      The Ottolenghi cookbook Hugh F-W's fish cookbook Shimano 545 pedals A pizza stone An oven thermometer Agricola - a board game Diplomacy - a board game A job

Have you tried 'War on Terror' - a board game?
  • Big Wib
    I just want peace and happiness for all.
    And something from Rapha.

:lol::lol:

tbh kids get the presents these days, I tend to just buy when I want
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    LazyBoycp wrote:
    Coriander wrote:

The Ottolenghi cookbook is very good. The Carrot cake and the Pear & Amaretto Crumble cake both come highly recommended by me (and lots of my friends)! :D

Mmmmmm... now there's an idea - a carrot cake cook off between what I think is already the best recipe in the world from 'Falling Cloudberries' and Ottolenghi...

Am getting quite excited... Not that I have the book yet.
  • Coriander
    Big Wib wrote:
    Coriander wrote:

Lol - have just had a look. But it isn't top of the listings at Boardgamegeek and designed by Germans...
  • Big Wib
    Coriander wrote:
    Big Wib wrote:
    Coriander wrote:

Lol - have just had a look. But it isn't top of the listings at Boardgamegeek and designed by Germans...

true, but fun none the less (can't see Diplomacy on the list :wink:)

[which listings bit are you looking at so that I can see what other games are good now that you've pointed me in this direction?]
  • Coriander
    Big Wib wrote:
    Coriander wrote:
    Big Wib wrote:
    Coriander wrote:
      Agricola - a board game Diplomacy - a board game

Lol - have just had a look. But it isn't top of the listings at Boardgamegeek and designed
    by Germans...

true, but fun none the less (must of missed Diplomacy on the list :wink:

[which listings bit are you looking at so that I can see what other games are good now that you've pointed me in this direction?]

This is the geek's site - Board Game Geek

I love playing board and card games. :oops:
  • Big Wib
    Coriander wrote:
    Big Wib wrote:
    Coriander wrote:
    Big Wib wrote:
    Coriander wrote:

Lol - have just had a look. But it isn't top of the listings at Boardgamegeek and designed
    by Germans...

Thanks, that's some more presents sorted :lol:

nothing wrong with board & card games, more sociable than most computer games & definately more conducive to having a drink with mates
  • Coriander
    Big Wib wrote:
    Coriander wrote:
    Big Wib wrote:
    Coriander wrote:
    Big Wib wrote:
    Coriander wrote:

by Germans...

Thanks, that's some more presents sorted :lol:

nothing wrong with board & card games, more sociable than most computer games & definately more conducive to having a drink with mates

That's how we play - I cook, there's wine, carrot cake and cheese. Yummy.

My absolute favourite game is Puerto Rico (it was top of the Geeks list for about 5 years). Another good city building game that your kids (can't remember their ages, but I play this with my godchildren who are 8 and 6) might enjoy is Carcassone.

Guillotine is also a fun game that is great for adults and also for kids. And High Society is an auction game with a fiendish twist.
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    I just refer enquiries to Page 14 of the January 2010 edition of Cycling Plus.

<Sighs>

Everything on the page? :)
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • Big Wib
    Coriander wrote:
    Big Wib wrote:
    Coriander wrote:
    Big Wib wrote:
    Coriander wrote:
    Big Wib wrote:
    Coriander wrote:

by Germans...

That's how we play - I cook, there's wine, carrot cake and cheese. Yummy.

My absolute favourite game is Puerto Rico (it was top of the Geeks list for about 5 years). Another good city building game that your kids (can't remember their ages, but I play this with my godchildren who are 8 and 6) might enjoy is Carcassone.

Guillotine is also a fun game that is great for adults and also for kids. And High Society is an auction game with a fiendish twist.

we tend to add beer & crisps to the mix - explains my sylph like figure :wink:

+ 1 for Carcassone, the kids (10 & 8 ) both love it. will check out the others :D:D
  • StuAff wrote:
    I just refer enquiries to Page 14 of the January 2010 edition of Cycling Plus.

<Sighs>

Everything on the page? :)

Not the helmet. Obviously. :roll:
  • My list is a blank. I bought myself a compromised mid life crisis-mobile in Nov which kind of rules out anything, well, forever really.

Though I fancy a Belstaff leather biker jacket.

Middle age? Moi?

Shurely shome mishtake.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    :lol:
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Cori - I'd like to point out that Diplomacy is not a board game.

It's an argument in a box.

:P
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Coriander
    Cori - I'd like to point out that Diplomacy is not a board game.

It's an argument in a box.

:P

:lol::lol::lol:
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Greg66 wrote:
    My list is a blank. I bought myself a compromised mid life crisis-mobile in Nov which kind of rules out anything, well, forever really.

Though I fancy a Belstaff leather biker jacket.

Middle age? Moi?

Shurely shome mishtake.

I can recommend Belstaff, although when I bought my two several years ago they were about £400 cheaper than they are now (even for the same jackets). Ah the privilege of being on the bleeding edge :wink: Actually I did get one off ebay, the bloke's missus was selling it to spite him for getting too fat to fit it! :lol:

I would like a Breitling Aeromarine Chrono Superocean - but that ain't gonna happen, ever.

I'll settle for practical new home kinda stuff and the inevitable 2 copies of the same Jamie Oliver cookbook, despite the fact that I've made repeated allusions to the fact that I think Jamie 'I'm 1/16 Somalian' Oliver is a cnut of the highest order... my family love to torment me.
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    I've just decided I'm getting meself one of these. Not actually available for another week or so, it might have to wait till Jan.
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    I am getting a baby in February, to add to my collection. So, I guess the practical list looks like this:

New Buggy (now ordered!)
    baby grows
    baby carrier
    car seat
    New Car (Just ordered a Honda CRV Diesel)
    Handyman has come in for a few weeks to finish off the house (the stuff that I have not done and won't get time to do!)
    new carpets for bedrooms (I wanted to re-sand the floors, but my wife insisted on carpet as she finds wood floors cold......)

Urm......as for what I would like....a piece of kit that keeps me dry and warm on the bike (please recommend) and a New Fender guitar amp - preferable a Pro Reverb or Twin Reverb.
  • richk
    richk Posts: 564
    I've asked MrsK for a copy of Cyclecraft...
    There is no secret ingredient...
  • benno68
    benno68 Posts: 1,689
    What, no one asking for James Martin's cook books - I wonder why :twisted:

I've got no chance of getting a carbon bike :roll: - maybe next year when I've saved a years gym membership, done a full 2 years of cycling and hit 5000 miles, waddya reckon.

But I may go for some prescription sports glasses - I NEED them!

I may get my daughter Wii Fit too - she hasn't asked for it but still :lol::lol::lol:

Pinarello Dogma 2 (ex Team SKY) 2012
    Cube Agree GTC Ultegra 2012
    Giant Defy 105 2009
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Genesis Croix de Fer - but probably not until the weather gets better
  • Roastie
    Roastie Posts: 1,968
    Espresso Machine.
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    I would just like Christmas Day and Boxing day off work. :cry:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • NGale wrote:

I'm off from the 18th December and not back until the 11th January :D

I'm probably not helping here am I?

(Oh, and thanks for the Boardgames ideas... there's a fantastic place in Stoke I know that is a boardgame geek's paradise. I'm going to pop in there for some to get my friends kids)
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    A fixed calf muscle so I can actually cycle again before the end of the year..... :(
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    NGale wrote:

I'm off from the 18th December and not back until the 11th January :D

I'm probably not helping here am I?

(Oh, and thanks for the Boardgames ideas... there's a fantastic place in Stoke I know that is a boardgame geek's paradise. I'm going to pop in there for some to get my friends kids)

Not helping in the slightest. This is the second christmas in a row I've had to work, and looking at my shifts next year I'll be working again next christmas :(
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • i can recommend Belstaff, although when I bought my two several years ago they were about £400 cheaper than they are now (even for the same jackets). Ah the privilege of being on the bleeding edge :wink: Actually I did get one off ebay, the bloke's missus was selling it to spite him for getting too fat to fit it! :lol:

I would like a Breitling Aeromarine Chrono Superocean - but that ain't gonna happen, ever.

I don't mind being a Johnny come lately wannabe. Much.

I couldn't really work out what the little dials were for on that sort of Breitling. The Airwolf appeals to the functional aesthetic in me.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A