Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,860
    edited December 2009
    Moray Gub wrote:

Is my nationality relevant here ?

what is your nationality? srsly!

don't know about everyone else but

just because I'm innately anti American doesn't mean that's the reason I take the p1ss out of you (if you are a yank)

ohhh your a jock

my stupid
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • calvjones wrote:

No, but I was hoping to spark a classic Gub rant-o-thon involving sheep. Fail :?

He may be off sheep, at the moment, as apparently he's been savaged by a dead one, over on the Lance 8ers thread. :wink:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:
    redraggon, realists admit that it is likely doping played a part but talent, training, ability to read the race all played the greater part by far...but possibly you don't believe that so much, like the gang of 10 or 15 others you make common cause with on here...you skew the forum towards the conclusion only doping helped?

So you are a realist then Dave?

Personally I don't like Lance because he's a knob.

I hope Lemond gives him a bloody nose legally speaking, am no livestrong fan and hate the way he's exploited cancer to gain political office BUT I think he was, is a fantastic athlete and he has added something to the racing this year....

Now it all makes sense - Dave's a timetraveller from the future. And his posts get warped when passing across the space/time continuum thus only making full sense to beings able to straddle dimensions...
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    afx237vi wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:
    No irony at all... yes you can complain about unprovoked resort to ad hominem with simialr tone-esp as frenchie did not address the point I made and started argument to the man-"you're rubbish" being his comment...frenchie came on a little bit abusive, no?

Would you not reply in similar tone, if I called you rubbish, dragging the standard of threads downhill?

Don't make yourself fair game with an abusive tone to others and you wont get stones thrown back. You know that and so I don't see you as being even genuine in replying on this, it's a fair rule, just don't cast the first stone and one wont back...

My hunch is that what you don't like about my posting re ad hominem is that ...you're in bed with Frenchie, Andyp etc re Lance doping etc.....so you're defending your friend cause you've the same cause. Do you type in the LA fanboy insult in as a reply? I think that's why your replying...cause you resort to the "you're a brainwashed idiot if you don't agree with me that he doped" reply that LA fanboy is and , like andyp replying twice to my comments in an hour last night with less than friendly tone after my ad hominem comment re ff, you also don't like anyone pulling you up about the frankly lame, low standard reply that "LA fanboy" is...

I have no idea what that last sentence is even supposed to mean. I've never called anyone an LA Fanboy in my entire life. In fact, I can't even remember the last time I got properly involved in an Armstrong debate. I just don't care enough.

As for frenchfighter, he was posting constructively on the thread topic and only came out with the "usual rubbish" comment after you called someone a "bitter loser". I've criticised both frenchfighter and aurelio in the past for derailing threads and think arguing on the internet is beyond stupid whatever side of the fence you're sitting on. Life is too short.

AFX, I didn't call him a bitter loser, merely said the equal of the fanboy tag is like me saying someone is a bitter loser. You're rabidly anti-Armstrong...witnessed many of your posts this year during his return...you're definitely in the andyp gang

Posted 02 Dec 2009 03:05
    redddraggon wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    who doesnt ? this forum would be an incredibly dull dull place if we all agreed with each other.

Arguments are good. Where would we be without the eccentrics like DennisN and the LA Fanboys, to ensure balance with the realists.

why the ad hominem comment?... just cause we don't agree LA is doped...we must be brainwashed...that's argument to the man...that's "you're so stupid you're incapable of rational reasoning of argument A and B"...that's unfair...

the equal of the fanboy tag is we call you bitter losers? Is that fair? No
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,112
    I have a gang?

This forum is like being back at school this week. :roll:
  • mididoctors
    andyp wrote:
    I have a gang?

oh come on don't tell me you didn't know
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    well...........

do think basso can get on podium?
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    well...........

do think basso can get on podium?

Conty
    Schleck
    Evans

Job done. Can we talk about Het Volk now?

Strava is not Zen.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    andyp wrote:
    I have a gang?

Yep. And apparently I'm in it; throwing rocks at passing Americans.

Now all we have to do is think of a cool name.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    DaveyL wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:
    redraggon, realists admit that it is likely doping played a part but talent, training, ability to read the race all played the greater part by far...but possibly you don't believe that so much, like the gang of 10 or 15 others you make common cause with on here...you skew the forum towards the conclusion only doping helped?

So you are a realist then Dave?

Personally I don't like Lance because he's a knob.

I hope Lemond gives him a bloody nose legally speaking, am no livestrong fan and hate the way he's exploited cancer to gain political office BUT I think he was, is a fantastic athlete and he has added something to the racing this year....

Now it all makes sense - Dave's a timetraveller from the future. And his posts get warped when passing across the space/time continuum thus only making full sense to beings able to straddle dimensions...

hey smarty pants, re his gaining political office.....the work's already done, he's one of the most recognised brands in the USA and has said he will...

edit-davey, do you need an English grammar lesson as the sentence makes grammatical sense, does not need corrected IMO? :D