Basso doing Giro and Tour next year

Comments

• moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    andyp wrote:
    Anyone else see the irony of Dave_1 (member since 12 Dec 2006 with 7394 posts) accusing frenchfighter (member since 23 Jun 2007 with 1942 posts) of not having a life?

It's an internet forum, people waste time here. It's not important.

Its not important in any way shape or form but for FF to say he has standards surely cant pass without comment no ?
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • moray_gub
    Not sure why some people have to judge how people manage their time. It just so happens that some people are a lot more efficient at doing things than others. If you knew what I did for a living...

Aghhhh the curse of the internet blowhard strikes again.................
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    andyp wrote:
    Anyone else see the irony of Dave_1 (member since 12 Dec 2006 with 7394 posts) accusing frenchfighter (member since 23 Jun 2007 with 1942 posts) of not having a life?

I joined C+ forum in summer 2004
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Dave_1 wrote:
    andyp wrote:

Ah...C+.. them were the days. L ost enough posts in the translation to BR to be considered an internet loser myself.

Although in my main job I'm a cosmonaut, and run a middling sized Asian country as an autocratic despot just for a hobby.

Strava is not Zen.
  • moray_gub
    calvjones wrote:
    Although in my main job I'm a cosmonaut, and run a middling sized Asian country as an autocratic despot just for a hobby.

It was believable until you said it was a hobby :lol:
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Dave_1 wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    What was that you were saying about ad hominem attacks?

It's a little sad Frenchie has that much free time that he does the pics every week

usual rubbish is from you picture man-get a life will you!!

Get a life ffs

listen caller, I don't think the thread or its contibuters are rubbish and anyone who has enough free time to go posting pics every week and changing avatar every day is maybe a little quiet...life is not busy, hence get a life!

I was just pointing out the irony, Dave. You can't complain about ad hominem attacks in one post, then spend the next three posts telling someone to get a life. It's irrelevant whether they do need to get a life or not.
  • dave_1
    afx237vi wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    What was that you were saying about ad hominem attacks?

It's a little sad Frenchie has that much free time that he does the pics every week

usual rubbish is from you picture man-get a life will you!!

Get a life ffs

listen caller, I don't think the thread or its contibuters are rubbish and anyone who has enough free time to go posting pics every week and changing avatar every day is maybe a little quiet...life is not busy, hence get a life!

I was just pointing out the irony, Dave. You can't complain about ad hominem attacks in one post, then spend the next three posts telling someone to get a life. It's irrelevant whether they do need to get a life or not.

No irony at all... yes you can complain about unprovoked resort to ad hominem with simialr tone-esp as frenchie did not address the point I made and started argument to the man-"you're rubbish" being his comment...frenchie came on a little bit abusive, no?

Would you not reply in similar tone, if I called you rubbish, dragging the standard of threads downhill?

Don't make yourself fair game with an abusive tone to others and you wont get stones thrown back. You know that and so I don't see you as being even genuine in replying on this, it's a fair rule, just don't cast the first stone and one wont back...

My hunch is that what you don't like about my posting re ad hominem is that ...you're in bed with Frenchie, Andyp etc re Lance doping etc.....so you're defending your friend cause you've the same cause. Do you type in the LA fanboy insult in as a reply? I think that's why your replying...cause you resort to the "you're a brainwashed idiot if you don't agree with me that he doped" reply that LA fanboy is and , like andyp replying twice to my comments in an hour last night with less than friendly tone after my ad hominem comment re ff, you also don't like anyone pulling you up about the frankly lame, low standard reply that "LA fanboy" is...
  • calvjones
    Jeez. This place is the pits.

Slagging the guy who runs PTP is something that I'd avoid doing even if he stood on my dog. :shock:

Strava is not Zen.
  • calvjones wrote:

Slagging the guy who runs PTP is something that I'd avoid doing even if he stood on my dog. :shock:

+1000
    Dave, your posts have been far more abusive than FF's, whatever his views, and as alex is the forum member who brings most to the forum by a country mile, I , and I am sure many others would appreciate it if you didn't abuse him.
    Dan
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Dave_1

I never said you were a LA Fanboy - where did I say you were?
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,805
    calvjones wrote:

I wouldn't mind all the flame if it was done with more style and humor its just boring 99% of the time
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133

I wouldn't mind all the flame if it was done with more style and humor its just boring 99% of the time

That's because you're so fat your cereal bowl has its own lifeguard. :P
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,805
    Timoid. wrote:

That's because you're so fat your cereal bowl has its own lifeguard. :P

oh yeah well your mum...etc
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • dave_1
    calvjones wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:
    andyp wrote:

Ah...C+.. them were the days. L ost enough posts in the translation to BR to be considered an internet loser myself.

I liked the cyclingplus forum , tough moderation though, remember one guy wrote in the office section he'd got his mag late, had some complaint, perhaps strongly worded..and the response was a locked profile for Laurence Jerams, Bangkok...they also had guys like Yates and Sunderland take questions live online which was interesting....

Andyp's handle shows same transition date as mine in Dec 06 :? ...but Moray Gub's shows 2005? No offence to Moray Gub.,..but I can't remember so many postings from MG back in 2005. It was Timoid, Andyp, Monty Dog who had the harsher views on the yanks back then and Titanium-clearly a journalist who had some pretty good insight very anti LA before the current grouping
  • dave_1
    calvjones wrote:

+1000
    Dave, your posts have been far more abusive than FF's, whatever his views, and as alex is the forum member who brings most to the forum by a country mile, I , and I am sure many others would appreciate it if you didn't abuse him.

I didn't think I was abusing AFX :? I fully appreciate afx has put in his own time to keep PTP pundit going, am sure everyone is glad of him being here....please point out to me where in recent past I have been abusive without the first shot fired from others?
  • afx237vi
    Dave_1 wrote:
    No irony at all... yes you can complain about unprovoked resort to ad hominem with simialr tone-esp as frenchie did not address the point I made and started argument to the man-"you're rubbish" being his comment...frenchie came on a little bit abusive, no?

Would you not reply in similar tone, if I called you rubbish, dragging the standard of threads downhill?

Don't make yourself fair game with an abusive tone to others and you wont get stones thrown back. You know that and so I don't see you as being even genuine in replying on this, it's a fair rule, just don't cast the first stone and one wont back...

My hunch is that what you don't like about my posting re ad hominem is that ...you're in bed with Frenchie, Andyp etc re Lance doping etc.....so you're defending your friend cause you've the same cause. Do you type in the LA fanboy insult in as a reply? I think that's why your replying...cause you resort to the "you're a brainwashed idiot if you don't agree with me that he doped" reply that LA fanboy is and , like andyp replying twice to my comments in an hour last night with less than friendly tone after my ad hominem comment re ff, you also don't like anyone pulling you up about the frankly lame, low standard reply that "LA fanboy" is...

I have no idea what that last sentence is even supposed to mean. I've never called anyone an LA Fanboy in my entire life. In fact, I can't even remember the last time I got properly involved in an Armstrong debate. I just don't care enough.

As for frenchfighter, he was posting constructively on the thread topic and only came out with the "usual rubbish" comment after you called someone a "bitter loser". I've criticised both frenchfighter and aurelio in the past for derailing threads and think arguing on the internet is beyond stupid whatever side of the fence you're sitting on. Life is too short.
  • Richrd2205
    Richrd2205 Posts: 1,267
    Dave_1 wrote:
    calvjones wrote:

+1000

I didn't think I was abusing AFX :? I fully appreciate afx has put in his own time to keep PTP pundit going, am sure everyone is glad of him being here....please point out to me where in recent past I have been abusive without the first shot fired from others?
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Dave, I hope that helps...

If you think the above is justifiable, then you might want to reconsider.

To me, it's a very cheap shot, that's made worse by being, at best, at bit silly. This sort of posting really doesn't help the board at all. If it's in response to something that you consider unacceptable, then I still fail to see how it's useful.
  • moray_gub
    Dave_1 wrote:
    calvjones wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:
    andyp wrote:

I liked the cyclingplus forum , tough moderation though, remember one guy wrote in the office section he'd got his mag late, had some complaint, perhaps strongly worded..and the response was a locked profile for Laurence Jerams, Bangkok...they also had guys like Yates and Sunderland take questions live online which was interesting....

Andyp's handle shows same transition date as mine in Dec 06 :? ...but Moray Gub's shows 2005? No offence to Moray Gub.,..but I can't remember so many postings from MG back in 2005. It was Timoid, Andyp, Monty Dog who had the harsher views on the yanks back then and Titanium-clearly a journalist who had some pretty good insight very anti LA before the current grouping

I tended to post on mountain touring and commute back then i found the cycling plus race forum cr ap , full of anti american nonsense its slightly better now but still has its moments.
  • moray_gub
    calvjones wrote:

Who give a monkeys if he runs PTP if he (afx) posts a comment that someone else doesnt like then the other person is perfectly entitled to have a pop :roll:
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Anyone want to contribute to a fund to buy MG a new pair of cycling shorts which don't have sandpaper in them?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • moray_gub
    iainf72 wrote:
    Anyone want to contribute to a fund to buy MG a new pair of cycling shorts which don't have sandpaper in them?

I am sorry but i didnt realise certain posters were somehow protected from critical comment.
  • dave_1
    Moray Gub wrote:
    who doesnt ? this forum would be an incredibly dull dull place if we all agreed with each other.

Arguments are good. Where would we be without the eccentrics like DennisN and the LA Fanboys, to ensure balance with the realists.

:twisted:

redraggon, realists admit that it is likely doping played a part but talent, training, ability to read the race all played the greater part by far...but possibly you don't believe that so much, like the gang of 10 or 15 others you make common cause with on here...you skew the forum towards the conclusion only doping helped?
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Moray Gub wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

I am sorry but i didnt realise certain posters were somehow protected from critical comment.

They're not.

But you do tend to be spectacularly abrasive sometimes.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • afx237vi
    Moray Gub wrote:
    calvjones wrote:

Who give a monkeys if he runs PTP if he (afx) posts a comment that someone else doesnt like then the other person is perfectly entitled to have a pop :roll:

I entirely agree, as long as they do so without the personal sniping.
  • moray_gub
    iainf72 wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

They're not.

But you do tend to be spectacularly abrasive sometimes.

I call a spade a spade if thats what you mean if others dont like that then then they can ignore me or retort back no biggy really. For the record i have no axe to grind with afx in fact he posts a lot of sense at times but finding posters more or less saying dont pass critical comment on afx coz he does PTP a bit pathetic and worthy of comment.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Dave_1 wrote:
    redraggon, realists admit that it is likely doping played a part but talent, training, ability to read the race all played the greater part by far...but possibly you don't believe that so much, like the gang of 10 or 15 others you make common cause with on here...you skew the forum towards the conclusion only doping helped?

So you are a realist then Dave?

Personally I don't like Lance because he's a knob.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • calvjones
    Wow. Moray thinks my post is a bit pathetic. Better than being in Dave's anti- Lance black book.

The implication, actually, was that afx might diddle the scores downward of posters he'd argued with, but clearly this attempt at humour simply made a whooshing sound as it passed high over Moray's little Scots head. :wink:

Strava is not Zen.
  • moray_gub
    calvjones wrote:
    Wow. Moray thinks my post is a bit pathetic. Better than being in Dave's anti- Lance black book.

The implication, actually, was that afx might diddle the scores downward of posters he'd argued with, but clearly this attempt at humour simply made a whooshing sound as it passed high over Moray's little Scots head. :wink:

mmmmm sure

"jeez. This place is the pits."

Is my nationality relevant here ?
  • calvjones
    Moray Gub wrote:
    calvjones wrote:

mmmmm sure

"jeez. This place is the pits."

Is my nationality relevant here ?

No, but I was hoping to spark a classic Gub rant-o-thon involving sheep. Fail :?

Strava is not Zen.
  • dave_1
    edited December 2009
    Dave_1 wrote:

So you are a realist then Dave?

Personally I don't like Lance because he's a knob.

I hope Lemond gives him a bloody nose legally speaking, am no livestrong fan and hate the way he's exploited cancer to gain political office BUT I think he was, is a fantastic athlete and he has added something to the racing this year....