what drivel

Comments

• Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    20/20 wrote:

Tomorrow its different intervals on the turbo and your first swim. Enjoy tonight

20/20

Why do I need to learn to swim better to ride a bike? :?
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    20/20 wrote:

Tomorrow its different intervals on the turbo and your first swim. Enjoy tonight

20/20

Why do I need to learn to swim better to ride a bike? :?

Don't be silly. It's so you'll have an opportunity to wear your newly-acquired "IronMan" mankini.

Anyone know if you're to leave your water-wings on for the tubo session?
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • 20/20
    20/20 Posts: 26
    There is some mocking on here by blinkered cyclists unable to see how hampered by its own history the sport has become.

The best cyclist of all time Lance Armstrong started as a triathlete and now he’s started his own team maybe his training and preparation methods can be shared with others. This might lead to an improvement in performance for his team mates. This will demonstrate that Triathlon has a lot to offer.

If you haven’t got some proper swimming trunks pop out at coffee break and get some and this lunch time aim to swim at least 30 lengths breast stroke at a pace which is challenging but maintainable. It shouldn’t be an imitation of a saga paddling trip. This will help strengthen your core back and shoulders which in turn will help you keep form for cycling. I’ll talk more about form later but it’s important to strengthen and get more flexible first.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    20/20 wrote:
    There is some mocking on here by blinkered cyclists unable to see how hampered by its own history the sport has become.

The best cyclist of all time Lance Armstrong started as a triathlete and now he’s started his own team maybe his training and preparation methods can be shared with others. This might lead to an improvement in performance for his team mates. This will demonstrate that Triathlon has a lot to offer.

If you haven’t got some proper swimming trunks pop out at coffee break and get some and this lunch time aim to swim at least 30 lengths breast stroke at a pace which is challenging but maintainable. It shouldn’t be an imitation of a saga paddling trip. This will help strengthen your core back and shoulders which in turn will help you keep form for cycling. I’ll talk more about form later but it’s important to strengthen and get more flexible first.

Lance Armstrong was not the best cyclist of all time. That's universally accepted as being Mark Cavendish.
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789

Since you believe your some kind of expert, perhaps you could post your credentials? Most of what you say is drivel and/or could be picked up with a quick Google search.

So who are you and what have you achieved/won that should make anyone believe you're not just some idiot?
    More problems but still living....
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,534
    20/20 wrote:

Lance turned to cycling when he realised that, unlike other triathletes, he could ride a bike :lol:
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    what's better - compact or standard..?
  • Edwin
    Edwin Posts: 785
    The only grain of truth in this thread is the title. I think somebody is having a laugh....
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    20/20 wrote:

I'd agree. And heres some more, cos let's face it, triathlon is what the elderly stars of "Deparate Housewives" do to get in "Hello" magazine

This is racing:-
    FShincapie.jpg

Whereas this is a casting call for "Priscilla: Queen of the Desert"

Triathlon-feature-style.jpg
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Lance Armstrong was not the best cyclist of all time. That's universally accepted as being Mark Cavendish.

I'm sorry - but it is universally accepted that I am the best cyclist of all time.
  • elPedro666
    elPedro666 Posts: 1,060
    I'm in stitches, thanks so much :lol::lol::lol:

(although I am worried some people appear to be taking this very seriously... :? :shock: )
    WTD:
    Green Halo TwinRail
    25.0mm-26.2mm seatpost shim
    Red X-Lite bling
    Specialized ladies BG saddle (white?) 155mm
    RH thumbie
    700x28c CX tyres&tubs
    Flatbars 620mm 25,4mm & swept, ti in an ideal world
  • Bear77
    Bear77 Posts: 60
    Since being abducted by aliens a short time ago I have recently discovered I have acquired various ‘cutting edge’ abilities. These include, but are not limited to, being able to bend time, telepathy and the ability to move at near light-speed. These powers have enabled me to win every sporting event I have ever entered – including those that have not yet taken place. I have done this whilst remaining anonymous.

I have noticed that some of you struggle with such simple activities as ‘riding a bicycle quickly’. I believe my talents could assist you in becoming reasonably competent at this.

Rather than the shallow pursuit of sporting glory I have decided to make my knowledge available to others. To this end I will shortly set up a web based consultancy service. This will give you access, for a small fee, to my knowledge.

I am also available for children’s parties.
    The revolution will not be televised
  • 20/20
    Bear77 wrote:
    Since being abducted by aliens a short time ago I have recently discovered I have acquired various ‘cutting edge’ abilities. These include, but are not limited to, being able to bend time, telepathy and the ability to move at near light-speed. These powers have enabled me to win every sporting event I have ever entered – including those that have not yet taken place. I have done this whilst remaining anonymous.

I have noticed that some of you struggle with such simple activities as ‘riding a bicycle quickly’. I believe my talents could assist you in becoming reasonably competent at this.

Rather than the shallow pursuit of sporting glory I have decided to make my knowledge available to others. To this end I will shortly set up a web based consultancy service. This will give you access, for a small fee, to my knowledge.

Bear, Im trying to be serious, Triathlon offers real insights that can be used by real people. As far as Im aware i havent got my powers from Aliens but from 3 years of hard work and internet research.
  • softlad
    Bear77 wrote:

Bear - I was also abducted by aliens, but if anything I'm slower now than I was before. What am I doing wrong..?
  • 20/20
    softlad wrote:
    Bear77 wrote:

Bear - I was also abducted by aliens, but if anything I'm slower now than I was before. What am I doing wrong..?

Have you removed the probe? its not very aero
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    Bear77 wrote:

Can you do magic, or just dress up as a clown and do games?
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    OOOH THREE YEARS or hard work and internet research you say ? Blimey thats loads.

How old are you exactly ? 14 ?
  • 20/20 this is the most fun I've had in my lunch break for months. Keep it going, you are a comedy genius.

Some of you need to lighten up. You would have to be insane to take this seriously. If this was a thread that was entitled 'cyclists have no sense of humour', there'd be enough evidence to go on!
  • BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    I think you need to see 20/20's other thread dude....
  • torico
    torico Posts: 67
    he writes elsewhere??? - pleasse give me a link, the excitement is too much, I love 20/20 hes my favourite
  • Pokerface
    torico wrote:
    he writes elsewhere??? - pleasse give me a link, the excitement is too much, I love 20/20 hes my favourite

Check out Cake Stop section for another enlightening thread. Not as funny - but give it time!
  • Vino
    Vino Posts: 184
    I haff some veery bad news, I haf been ask to put the following form miss 20 she shocked and dissapoint 20/20 write below

20/20 was a light-hearted self depreciating comment on Cycling and triathlon. Particularly about the overly obsessive self important attitudes that burgeon on this and most other forums.

I was non threatening, and clearly not serious. I mean swimming trunk technology really. Sadly at a no news time of the year this comment was too subtle for many and was taken at face value and it appears 20/20 will post no more.

For those of you who had a laugh “i salute you”
    For those of you who took it seriously .... well bless.

For whoever binned my profile shame on you......

Ave humourless Calves
  • That's a pity, the 20/20 character was much better than the Vino one :wink:
  • Pokerface
    nasahapley wrote:
    That's a pity, the 20/20 character was much better than the Vino one :wink:

Agreed. Whoever had 20/20 banned needs to have a stickectomy (the medical procedure whereby you have the giant stick removed from your own arse).
  • Pokerface wrote:
    Whoever had 20/20 banned needs to have a stickectomy (the medical procedure whereby you have the giant stick removed from your own ars*).

What! 20/20 banned? Tell me it isn't so. I've been laughing so hard here I think I've soiled myself (this'll be a verbal warning for sure...)

Ecto.

Only a Pawn in their Game...
  • softlad
    20/20 banned..? bit of an over-reaction.......
  • torico
    torico Posts: 67
    its not like he failed a drugs test - bring him back!!!!!
  • Bear77 wrote:

rofl please can you teach me?
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • That's a shame, this thread brightened up my dull morning!
  • For those of you who had a laugh “i salute you”
    For those of you who took it seriously .... well bless
    20/20 that was so funny 'tis you who should be saluted[/quote]