Mundane Observations Thread

Comments

• PhilofCas
    PhilofCas Posts: 1,153
    BBC Radio travel news can be factually incorrect
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    I cut myself shaving :shock: I havent done that in years.
  • It is impossible to describe how wet you get when you are caught in a shower whilst on a ride, you simply have to experience it
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    I got caught in the shower the other day.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    I just got off the phone after 12 minutes of intermittent Handel and a 2 minute chat with a teenager at Revenue and Customs. My employer has changed it's name ever so slightly, so naturally HMRC assumed I now have 2 jobs and double the salary.

I just avoided an enormously expensive tax cock-up. :shock:
  • passout
    Well done for recognising Handel. I wouldn't have done unless it was Messiah. I actually prefer lift music to classical!
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    There seems to be a move away from 'Aftershave' towards 'Eau de Toilette' in mens grooming products. :?

Whatever happened to 'Old Spice'?
    Cycling weakly
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    keef66 wrote:
    I just got off the phone after 12 minutes of intermittent Handel and a 2 minute chat with a teenager at Revenue and Customs. My employer has changed it's name ever so slightly, so naturally HMRC assumed I now have 2 jobs and double the salary.

I just avoided an enormously expensive tax fool-up. :shock:

I think this was a common error this year - thousands of people got letters in error stating that they were earning in excess of 100,000 - I heard that it was a computer error - and it added up all your previous employers as if you were working for them at the same time. I got one and one other in my team got one - so that's 2 in about 8 people - 25%. :shock:
  • Porgy
    skyd0g wrote:
    There seems to be a move away from 'Aftershave' towards 'Eau de Toilette' in mens grooming products. :?

Whatever happened to 'Old Spice'?

Perfumed ponce!!
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    I've never used a Breville sandwich toaster.
  • Porgy
    I can't think about work. I can only think about riding my new bike tomorrow.
  • Porgy wrote:

How can a new bike be mundane?
  • Porgy
    Porgy wrote:

How can a new bike be mundane?

The new bike isn't mundane - it's me not being able to concentrate at work that is mundane.
  • passout
    I went to the market in Bolton today. It is excellent value, for instance I got a whole fresh salmon for a fiver.
  • I like market news.
  • skyd0g
    I bet the salmon was gutted.
    Cycling weakly
  • passout
    Anybody watch that play about Enid Blighton last night? What a horrible person.
  • Although beautiful, Stowford's cider is the devil's work
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    CHRISNOIR wrote:
    I've never used a Breville sandwich toaster.

You haven't lived. I have a 4 berth Breville mothership. Cheese and onion brevilles, snack food of Nirvana.
  • passout
    Forecast said snow. There wasn't any.
  • PhilofCas
    PhilofCas Posts: 1,153
    the black cherries in my Longley Farm yogurt are much more chopped up than normal, still nice though
  • Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437
    How strange that I've neither read this thread for ages, nor used my Breville for over 6 months, yet here I am surfing the internet with a freshly-Brevilled tuna melt in my hand.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Ands smells of fish.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437
    Aggieboy wrote:
    Ands smells of fish.
    and cheese :wink:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Cheesefish.
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    This fish thing is getting too much,i've haddock enough of it.
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    I dont have the Thymallus thymallus for this either.

Sorry, that doesnt work at all, I dont have the fish that smells like thyme for this either. Back to Work Griffin :roll: .
  • skyd0g
    We could convince Ands to carry some chives around with her, but that may be making a meal of it.
    Cycling weakly
  • passout
    Depends on if you have Thyme to spare.
  • skyd0g
    A little mixed spice would make her a girl for all seasons.
    Cycling weakly