For F*** sake a rant about fruit booters

Comments

• _Ferret_
    _Ferret_ Posts: 660
    I hate everyone regardless of bike or riding skill.

Scotto - if you're 26, then you're old - it is a sad truth!

Frankly you're all snobs or reverse snobs and should all be lined up and shot!
    None of this, "love everyone regardless of bike or skill" - that's just a PC lie you bunch of hippies.

BTW - it doesn't hurt to sometimes take things with a pinch of salt. :wink:
    Not really active
  • bay73
    bay73 Posts: 130
    _Ferret_ wrote:
    I hate everyone regardless of bike or riding skill.

Scotto - if you're 26, then you're old - it is a sad truth!

Frankly you're all snobs or reverse snobs and should all be lined up and shot!
    None of this, "love everyone regardless of bike or skill" - that's just a PC lie you bunch of hippies.

BTW - it doesn't hurt to sometimes take things with a pinch of salt. :wink:

i would love to post a reply here both would be accused of something or other :lol:

i guess sarcasm isn't the best form of humour to use in the written form :roll:
  • rhyko7
    rhyko7 Posts: 781
    what have i done? i only wrote this thread as a little rant against one individual i met out on the trail who was dissing my bike and wouldnt even ride his in the mud. the point was kinda its better to have a crap bike and actually ride it than have an amazing bike your afraid to get muddy.

this thread has spirralled dangerously outa control and ive only been adding fuel to the fire.

lets leave this one alone now guys, i think we have all had our say, your all entitled to your opinions, i dont think anyone is right or wrong other than me-im obviously right :wink:

this is just turning into a pointless debate and people arguing for the sake of it.

how do i delete this thread before it goes too far? :roll:
    Dont look at it-ride it! they are tools not f*cking ornaments

my riding:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/rhyspect

Some of my Rides Data/maps:
    http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/Users/527337
  • x-isle
    x-isle Posts: 794
    ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! :roll:

PLEASE CAN A MOD DELETE THIS POST, DON'T LOCK IT JUST DELETE IT.

IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY. FOR SOME REASON, I CAN'T STOP LOOKING BACK.

THERE'S A LOT OF PEOPLE WHO REALLY NEED TO GROW UP!!!!

WHO GIVES A SH1T IF SOMEONE HAS A BETTER BIKE THAN YOU, EVEN IF THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO RIDE IT.

WE LIVE IN SUCH A GREEN-EYED SOCIETY.

GET OVER IT............MOVE ON!
    Craig Rogers
  • meesterbond
    meesterbond Posts: 1,240
    Personally, it's been keeping me amused during a rather tedious morning...

I'm thinking of starting a 'Why you shouldn't wear a helmet while riding' thread in a moment...
  • bay73
    x-isle wrote:
    ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! :roll:

PLEASE CAN A MOD DELETE THIS POST, DON'T LOCK IT JUST DELETE IT.

IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY. FOR SOME REASON, I CAN'T STOP LOOKING BACK.

THERE'S A LOT OF PEOPLE WHO REALLY NEED TO GROW UP!!!!

WHO GIVES A SH1T IF SOMEONE HAS A BETTER BIKE THAN YOU, EVEN IF THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO RIDE IT.

WE LIVE IN SUCH A GREEN-EYED SOCIETY.

GET OVER IT............MOVE ON!

you'll get your post deleted for posting in caps... :twisted:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Hang on, so "fruit booters" means rollerbladers, but the OP decided that he knew a better definition to it?

I'm confused. I don't get how rollerbladers are in any way relevant in this thread. :oops:
  • meesterbond
    I misread it first and thought it was an anti-litter thread about those Fruit Booster drinks for kids...
  • rhyko7
    rhyko7 Posts: 781
    Hang on, so "fruit booters" means rollerbladers, but the OP decided that he knew a better definition to it?

I'm confused. I don't get how rollerbladers are in any way relevant in this thread. :oops:

yep the OP in his godly like wisdom coined a new meaning for the term fruit booter! :wink:
    rollerblading isnt really relevent to this thread, but i didnt expect anyone to know what the term meant, i underestimated the curiosity of the common man and the power of google!
    Dont look at it-ride it! they are tools not f*cking ornaments

my riding:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/rhyspect

Some of my Rides Data/maps:
    http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/Users/527337
  • Anonymous
    See, when I first clicked on it, I thought this thread was going to be about people wearing those crazy shiny SPD boots/shoes or something.
  • x-isle
    I hate the fact that the council only empty the bins every other week.....
    Craig Rogers
  • Dobbs
    Dobbs Posts: 186
    There is a rule, a rule which all MTBers know.
    If you don't then learn it now;
    NEVER EVER SLAG OFF ANOTHER RIDERS BIKE.
    It boils down to manners, basic, simple manners.
  • CycloRos
    CycloRos Posts: 579
    stubs wrote:
    I was out on my new expensive bike today and some twit on an old nail came up to me and started sneering at me because my bike was worth 100 times what his was. Jeez he was so arrogant and chippy so I tried to get my own back by pointing out the cheap shoot parts on his bike but he just rode off trying to look cool and hip he ruined the effect when he tried to bunnyhop over his ego but missed by a mile

The ONLY post in 6 pages (other than the OP's) actually worth reading! :x

The whole class-war/snobbery debate is sooo tiresome and is born out of pure ignorance of anyone other than yourself. Expensive bike or cheap bike, World DH champ or weekend warrior doesn't matter, if they enjoy what they are doing who am I to judge!
    Current Rides -
    Charge Cooker, Ragley mmmBop, Haro Mary SS 29er
    Pics!
  • mac_man
    mac_man Posts: 918
    This thread has made me laugh and feel sad in equal measure.

Live and let live I say.

Sure I might have a chuckle at some guy with a posh bike who's scared to get it dirty, more so if he acts like he knows what he's doing and then turns out to be a total chump.

But if somebody wants to spend £3k on a bike, £500 on riding lights, and many more hundreds on cycle gear... then who am I to give him stick? It's HIS Money

But if anyone EVER came over to me (uninvited) and slagged me or my ride/riding/gear or whatever then they'd better be able to move fast or they'll end up with a smack in the face.

Touch wood I've never met anyone like that just yet... most people here 'oop north' have been unfailingly friendly and polite. And that includes trail centres, bridleways and singletrack.

IMO we should all practice 'Christian' cycling - "treat others as you would want to be treated"
    Cool, retro and sometimes downright rude MTB and cycling themed T shirts. Just MTFU.

By day: http://www.mtfu.co.uk
  • Anonymous
    mac man wrote:
    IMO we should all practice 'Christian' cycling -
    Do you mean in the classical sense where you invade and destroy places that have different opinions to yours, or in the modern sense in which you say you're all good and fair, and then do the exact opposite behind closed doors?
  • bay73
    mac man wrote:
    Do you mean in the classical sense where you invade and destroy places that have different opinions to yours, or in the modern sense in which you say you're all good and fair, and then do the exact opposite behind closed doors?

just as this thread was calming down, here comes another can of worms opened...
  • Anonymous
    :lol:
  • mac_man
    mac man wrote:

Heretic!

Blasphemer!
    Cool, retro and sometimes downright rude MTB and cycling themed T shirts. Just MTFU.

• Anonymous
    Seriously, don't start. People who base their morals on, or use religion to justify their actions makes me sick to my core.
  • mac_man
    Seriously, don't start. People who base their morals on, or use religion to justify their actions makes me sick to my core.

I was joking mate :)

I was thinking of James May who used the phrase 'Christian motoring' on Top Gear. I wasn't taking it literally..... you won't see me 'happy clapping' in the car park at Gisburn that's for sure :wink:.

I was just adopting one of Christianity's basic ideas... 'Do unto others.... etc'. Love thy neighbour and all that.

Having said that I probably do break the commandment that states "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's bike" on the odd occasion. :lol:

• colintrav
    colintrav Posts: 1,074
    rhyko7 wrote:
    Sorry but another rant against what ile call fruit booters

I took my hack bike out for a long enduro ride today which involves riding from my house 45 minutes along main roads country lanes to get to my xc route. It’s the 1st time ive taken my hack around bike offroad since I built it up a few weeks ago.

I had been riding for about 2 hours when I ran into a guy on a ludicrously expensive bike and stopped for a little chat. I asked him about his bike because it looked real nice, it turns out his wheels are worth almost more than I paid for my full sus. I asked him what he was about to ride-he said he was “just cruising the road practicing manuals.” I said oh right how come your not riding the trails, his reply was “ I don’t want to get my bike muddy and have to replace any parts, I only use this bike in the summer”. I said “I take you ride DH on that bike en?” it was 160 mm travel front and rear, to my surprise he said “no I just ride trail centres on it.”
    We spoke about riding for a while and then he started picking holes in my bike about my components and tyre choice etc, I couldn’t believe what I was hearing, I almost lost it. I decided to just ride off. I didn’t tell him it was my hack bike or that I had skinny tyres on because I had rode 8 miles on roads to get there.

I really wanted him to come to the DH track with me so I could show him up on my crappy hack bike lol

Im sorry but things like this really p*ss me off, bike snobbery. Bikes are for f**king riding not looking at, whats the point of having an awesome bike not to ride? I just don’t get it, I thought the idea of expensive components was that they ride better? Hence I would ride more with them!

Anyway rant over the guy was c*ck, I have zero respect for people like that! :roll:

What's missing is a pic of the said person and his bike ...
  • Anonymous
    fair enough mac man.
    I used to get harangued by a born again christian who lives around the corner. MAN that guy was annoying.
  • x-isle
    mac man wrote:
    IMO we should all practice 'Christian' cycling - "treat others as you would want to be treated"

Oh damn it, does it mean that my bike doesn't exist?
    Craig Rogers
  • mac_man
    x-isle wrote:
    mac man wrote:

Oh damn it, does it mean that my bike doesn't exist?

Only if it's a scientologist.

Everybody knows they're just made up nonsense.

(I just hope Tom Cruise doesn't post on here)

• x-isle
    I think you can generalise religion full stop with that comment.......!
    Craig Rogers
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    where's your local XCV route rhyco? i swear it wasn't me you saw :lol:
  • Rich9
    Rich9 Posts: 1,635
    SS. Lock the bl00dy thread quick :P
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • meesterbond
    NOOOO!!! This thread's brilliant. We've got class warfare, the beginnings of a religious arguments, it's got everything... well almost.

This sort of thing wouldn't happen under the Tories... they'd ban the fruity boosters quick sharp... this country's going to hell in a handcart under this government....

discuss...
  • birchy
    birchy Posts: 309
    I just got back from my night ride i mentioned on page 3, forgot how much fun it is and spooky after a summer of daylight riding :D
  • I haven't witnessed bike snobbery for about 15 years!

If someone can afford a £XXXX bike but can't ride for shit then why judge?

If someone can only cobble together a cheapy does it really matter?

I'll chat to anyone on the trails- regardless of what bike they're on- 9 out of 10 times I don't even notice! :?
    08 Pitch Pro
    14 Kona Unit
    Kona Kula SS
    Trailstar SS
    94 Univega Alpina 5.3