Commando Cyclists?

124»

Comments

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,376
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Trailradar wrote:
    I wear a pair of briefs under my cycleshorts. That way after a ride the only thing which needs changing is the briefs and not the shorts. Also with all the washes of the briefs it means replacements are allot cheaper than a set of new shorts.

Going 'commando' is disgusting - all those sweaty ar@s cracks repeatadly wearing the same shorts day in and day out - gross - wear is the hygiene with going commando. How many days do you commandos go before sticking the cycleshorts in the wash? At least wear a thong!!!!!!!

ps - why dont you just wear the same pair of boxers back home again and wear the boxers for work and home - two pairs simple.

I kinda agree with you but you simply cannot put it into practice.

Example:
    Back in the day, when I was a student and stopped over at a young girlies abode for frolics and a walk of shame back home , in the morning there was only one place yesterdays boxers were going and that was back on my persons.
    When going to the swimming pool or PE at school most if not all, girls and boys, wore one pair of undies for the day and that was it.

I dare anyone to tell me they where their jeans once and then wash them... Wash your jeans? Is that even legal? Girls and bra's, guys and jumpers

Fact is people where their clothing more than once. Deal with it.

Me, I own more than five pairs of cycling shorts and tights of varying lengths. :wink:

Turned inside out of course.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689

Turned inside out of course.

What about your jeans, Man! What about the jeans!!!

Assuming your 3 months into the 6 month period between washes....
    "ming, ming ming!"
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • What if you have 'followed through'? :oops:
    '11 Cannondale Synapse 105CD - FCN 4
    '11 Schwinn Corvette - FCN 15?
    '09 Pitch Comp - FCN (why bother?) 11
    '07 DewDeluxe (Bent up after being run over) - FCN 8
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,376
    fenboy369 wrote:
    What if you have 'followed through'? :oops:

You do know people are reading this :lol:
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Well, I do wear the same pair of shorts for several days, obviously get a shower in the morning and night. The shorts get placed on the radiator overnight, for 2 reasons - 1. to "heat treat" dry and disinfect and 2. so that I am pulling on a nice, warm pair of shorts first thing on a cold, rainy day in Glasgow.

As for washing them - hell its Glasgow and they get washed on way in and way back, so what is the problem!!??

Obviously if there is any heavy soiling, then needs must and they go in the wash - by that i mean mud thrown from the road, before anyone gets too grossed out!!
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    This is nothing.

When me and a few mates did the Mongol Rally last year, we went fully 2 weeks - and 6 countries, and roughly 3,000 miles - without a sniff of a wash. In Central Asia. In the summer.

We hummed. Fortunately the worst biological smells were covered by a pervasive aroma of petrol and transmission fluid.

My frame of reference regarding wearability of clothing has been slightly altered since then! My gear gets washed twice a week unless it's been really, really muddied. Not really bothered about smells etc on the cycling kit.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • Canny Jock
    Canny Jock Posts: 1,051
    I guess this is the reason cycling shorts are mainly dark colours...
  • I wonder if when you let 'one rip' when going 'commando' its a bit like blowing bubble gum.
  • tried going 'commando' today but my 'buster gonads' were aching like hell as they got squashed and slapped across the seat all the time as I done a revolution with the pedals! Never again.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Trailradar wrote:
    tried going 'commando' today but my 'buster gonads' were aching like hell as they got squashed and slapped across the seat all the time as I done a revolution with the pedals! Never again.

How baggy is your sack... do not answer that.

wear padded shorts, and position yourself so you're in a place where you are most supported.

Think burd!
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    Trailradar wrote:
    tried going 'commando' today but my 'buster gonads' were aching like hell as they got squashed and slapped across the seat all the time as I done a revolution with the pedals! Never again.

wear padded shorts, and position yourself so you're in a place where you are most supported.

Think burd!

well........................
  • Trailradar wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Trailradar wrote:

Think burd!

well........................

thanks for the tip
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    My wife has just worked out what cyclists wear under their lycra... she was shocked.
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    jimmypippa wrote:
    My wife has just worked out what cyclists wear under their lycra... she was shocked.

I was shocked the first time I found out as well. :shock:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Trailradar wrote:
    I wonder if when you let 'one rip' when going 'commando' its a bit like blowing bubble gum.

and if you're lucky on a cold day you'll see your 'breath'
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14