Commando Cyclists?

Comments

• I don't understand the point in paying vast sums for cycling shorts/bib shorts etc to stop them doing what they are designed to do!! the pad is designed to protect and cushion and if you put an extra layer inbetween then you interfer with that process and add a layer of abrasion.

if you use an anti bacterial chamois cream you can use the same shorts to cycle to and from work and change into clean pants at work...sorted
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    :shock:

I'm not fuming, strong words to describe the fact that I disagree with you.

I'd be interested to hear the views of the other lady cyclist in this forum.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    onthefells wrote:
    I don't understand the point in paying vast sums for cycling shorts/bib shorts etc to stop them doing what they are designed to do!! the pad is designed to protect and cushion and if you put an extra layer inbetween then you interfer with that process and add a layer of abrasion.

if you use an anti bacterial chamois cream you can use the same shorts to cycle to and from work and change into clean pants at work...sorted

I can go a few days with the same pair of shorts, dry them overnight. Obviously have shower after each wear, so I see no problem at all.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Now with thread: Ladies do you cycle commando
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Now with thread: Ladies do you cycle commando

bit unecassary as there is contribution already in here

As SJ said it's a personal thing, do what you want.. it's wrong but do it anyway
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • sarajoy
    sarajoy Posts: 1,675
    Harry B wrote:
    Why not just wash the cycling shorts and the end of the day.They will dry overnight. It works for me
    Waste of electricity and water? I do only a couple of loads of washing a month.
    4537512329_a78cc710e6_o.gif4537512331_ec1ef42fea_o.gif
  • Well for me it depends on whether or not I am going to college or someone's house (other than my GFs :P ) Going to college I would rarely wear cycling shorts anyway. Mainly cos I don't have the luxury of an office/locker/showers or anything to leave stuff in. So I wear what I am happy wearing all day at college. That said, I do most of the time wear my jerseys and change them only if I'm in for more than one lesson at a time (Slacking students I know!) So some form of shorts (biking outers or just casual) or a pair of jeans with boxers :)

But. Should I be doing a ride of any kind that the aim is just to "get out and ride" (Im an MBR guy at heart!) I most likely will go commando.
    For I shall agree that MOST of the time it is more comfortable especially on a long ride. (BTW I'm and XC/AM rider)

My opinion. I shall now ask my club on their forum what they all do, men and women a like. Wish me luck!

Ed
    "Clothing:
    None +3" Pure awesomeness!

A Felt Q520... My baby and first serious bike! - http://is.gd/9Vab
  • sarajoy
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Maybe not fuming, but incredibly persistent to the point of my feeling rather harassed. What is the big problem?
    Clever Pun wrote:
    As SJ said it's a personal thing, do what you want.. it's wrong but do it anyway
    Indeed - you're welcome to your opinion, but allow me mine.
    I can go a few days with the same pair of shorts, dry them overnight. Obviously have shower after each wear, so I see no problem at all.
    Lovely, but I wouldn't like to do that.
  • Just one thing... Did this post not start with an open question? So let us leave everyone to their own opinion? :)
    "Clothing:

• Flasheart
    Flasheart Posts: 1,278
    sarajoy wrote:

I gather you live alone.
    There's got to be at LEAST 2 loads a day in our house :shock:
    5 of us btw
    The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle. ...Stapp’s Ironical Paradox Law
    FCN3
    http://img87.yfrog.com/img87/336/mycubeb.jpg
    http://lonelymiddlesomethingguy.blogspot.com/
  • My loverly mother does most of the washing. And for 4 of us (though + dog) Its about the same as Flasheart
    "Clothing:

• Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    Flasheart wrote:
    sarajoy wrote:

I gather you live alone.

Or a massive washing machine?
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    esamenoi wrote:
    My loverly mother does most of the washing. And for 4 of us (though + dog) Its about the same as Flasheart

What does your dog wear? :lol:
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    sometimes i just ride in boxers and jeans :oops:
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • sarajoy
    Porgy wrote:
    Flasheart wrote:
    sarajoy wrote:

I gather you live alone.

A bit of both - I live with one other lass but we're definitely not organised enough to launder our stuff together! I do have an extensive floordrobe though.
  • sarajoy wrote:
    I do have an extensive floordrobe though.

Ever get lost in it? :D

Tis a pain when I subconsciously hide barbells in mine and then meet them suddenly with barefeet. Poor little sore toes.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • cjcp wrote:

Sudocrem is what you want. Tremendous stuff.

that stuff doesn't actually taste too bad, quite sweet. and I'm told isn't poisonous -never eaten enough to find out tho.

commando.
  • hisoka
    hisoka Posts: 541
    sarajoy wrote:
    Porgy wrote:
    Flasheart wrote:
    sarajoy wrote:

I gather you live alone.

A bit of both - I live with one other lass but we're definitely not organised enough to launder our stuff together! I do have an extensive floordrobe though.

"Extensive floordrobe" had drink covering my keyboard nearly. Awesome phrase there, I must remember it.

And I am of the opinion that everyone has their own opinion and as a community of people who enjoy the same things we can respect them. :D

and to everyone, yes I go commando myself, much to lots of peoples horror I'm sure. WHAHAHAHAHA[/quote]
    "This area left purposefully blank"
    Sign hung on my head everyday till noon.

FCN: 11 (apparently)
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Guess what I forgot to pack this morning :oops:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    itboffin wrote:
    Guess what I forgot to pack this morning :oops:

pants400.jpg
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • colintrav
    colintrav Posts: 1,074
    Just a query following on from DDD's footwear fetish....

When I started commuting i wore boxers under my cycling shorts. This meant that by time I got work, they were not the best, fresh pair for day at work, cycle shorts over them, then cycle home, and another "soiled" pair. So I was going through 3 pairs a day. Not the best.

Decided that going commando was the way forward, and it has been fine.

Are you Commandos?

Are you hoping for a female ambulance driver to give you the kiss of life ...

Down there .. One day ..
  • I wear a pair of briefs under my cycleshorts. That way after a ride the only thing which needs changing is the briefs and not the shorts. Also with all the washes of the briefs it means replacements are allot cheaper than a set of new shorts.

Going 'commando' is disgusting - all those sweaty ar@s cracks repeatadly wearing the same shorts day in and day out - gross - wear is the hygiene with going commando. How many days do you commandos go before sticking the cycleshorts in the wash? At least wear a thong!!!!!!!

ps - why dont you just wear the same pair of boxers back home again and wear the boxers for work and home - two pairs simple.
  • so that means all you commandos wear the same cycle shorts how many times before washing!!!!!!!!!!??????????????? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
  • Dude, the padded ones are designed to be next to your skin.

I wash mine after a day's riding.

:roll:
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    colintrav wrote:
    Just a query following on from DDD's footwear fetish....

When I started commuting i wore boxers under my cycling shorts. This meant that by time I got work, they were not the best, fresh pair for day at work, cycle shorts over them, then cycle home, and another "soiled" pair. So I was going through 3 pairs a day. Not the best.

Decided that going commando was the way forward, and it has been fine.

Are you Commandos?

Are you hoping for a female ambulance driver to give you the kiss of life ...

Down there .. One day ..

Ahhh believe me that wouldn't happen down here in the South West. Mostly a bunch of hair arsed paramedics down here, and that is just the women :lol:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Dude, calm the f$ck down.

1 day, 1 wash. (shimples)

Edit: Lit, you pre-empted my use of 'dude'. May have to change the spelling...
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    Trailradar wrote:
    so that means all you commandos wear the same cycle shorts how many times before washing!!!!!!!!!!??????????????? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I think you need to have your head examined or you are just a beginner.

I wear my bib shorts once before the go on the wash like the professional cyclists do. I cycle long distances though so chaffing is one thing I like to avoid and its something you might not suffer if you only cycle a couple of miles there and back.

The weirdo here is you mate! :roll: :lol::lol::lol:
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • gabriel959 wrote:
    Trailradar wrote:
    so that means all you commandos wear the same cycle shorts how many times before washing!!!!!!!!!!??????????????? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I think you need to have your head examined or you are just a beginner.

I wear my bib shorts once before the go on the wash like the professional cyclists do. I cycle long distances though so chaffing is one thing I like to avoid and its something you might not suffer if you only cycle a couple of miles there and back.

The weirdo here is you mate! :roll: :lol::lol::lol:[/quote

Hasty!
  • DonDaddyD
    edited December 2009
    Trailradar wrote:
    I wear a pair of briefs under my cycleshorts. That way after a ride the only thing which needs changing is the briefs and not the shorts. Also with all the washes of the briefs it means replacements are allot cheaper than a set of new shorts.

Going 'commando' is disgusting - all those sweaty ar@s cracks repeatadly wearing the same shorts day in and day out - gross - wear is the hygiene with going commando. How many days do you commandos go before sticking the cycleshorts in the wash? At least wear a thong!!!!!!!

ps - why dont you just wear the same pair of boxers back home again and wear the boxers for work and home - two pairs simple.

I kinda agree with you but you simply cannot put it into practice.

Example:
    Back in the day, when I was a student and stopped over at a young girlies abode for frolics and a walk of shame back home. In the morning there was only one place yesterdays boxers were going and that was back on my persons.

When going to the swimming pool or PE at school most if not all, girls and boys, wore one pair of undies for the day and that was it.

I dare anyone to tell me they where their jeans once and then wash them... Wash your jeans? Is that even legal? Girls and bra's, guys and jumpers

Fact is people where their clothing more than once or take them off and put them back on in the same day. Deal with it.

Me, I own more than five pairs of cycling shorts and tights of varying lengths. :wink:
    Food Chain number = 4

• biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Oh ffs. You're not going to get some yeast infection if you wear the same pants/shorts two days running. No-one is going to know, or care. Lighten up, the lot of you.

(obv if you will be getting intimate with a third party then this doesn't apply)