Bellis in hospital

124»

Comments

• dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    great news. he needs two years to get back-,the experience must take while to put behind him. I hope he has the physical coaching and psychological support in equal measure
  • orangepip
    orangepip Posts: 219
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    The more that comes out about Jonny Bellis's injuries, the horrific details (bedsores on the back of his head? As a nurse, I am appalled by this),just how close to death he was several times, the stress on his family and friends and yet how he's now back in the saddle......a beautiful future awaits him.
    And he comes over as having a serenity, a thankfulness for life rather than a 'why me?' stance. He should go far.

And I hope he stays at Saxo Bank for a while to repay their support.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I'd LOVE to see him back in the pro peloton. Nice one Jonny!
  • pomtarr
    pomtarr Posts: 318
    "Difficult, difficult, lemon difficult"
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    He completed his first race following his accident this weekend - dead last but I'm sure he's chuffed to bits just to be racing again:
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/bellis- ... -to-racing
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Bronzie wrote:
    He completed his first race following his accident this weekend - dead last but I'm sure he's chuffed to bits just to be racing again:
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/bellis- ... -to-racing

Yeh spotted that on CN too, terrific stuff and well chuffed for him.
  • dave_1
    I think Lemond's come back story was quite inspiring, being completely dropped by 3rd cats for months after each run...reminds me of Bellis. Good luck Jonny Bellis!
  • dave_1
    pomtarr wrote:

what a moving story...am sure Bellis is a far more matured-forcibly matured person by this experience-than he should be at his age and am sure just going back and relating to his peer group in a competitive setting will help him recover, even though I've never met him I'd imagine it isn't purely about fitness but psyhcological recovery. I hope he's getting support both in training and in reintegrating into such a high pressure environment
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Just read we will have the pleasure of seeing Jonny Bellis in the TOB, moving forward at pace now: http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest/495146/jonny-bellis-named-in-saxo-bank-s-tour-of-britain-team.html
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Brilliant news. I hope he does well- or rather, I hope he does as well as he can.
    Just getting back on a bike is a huge achievement.
  • I did not go through the full six pages and my total condolences to he and his family and friends and I hope he fully recovers.

But did anyone mention a helmet? As a pro cyclist, he probably wears a helmet all the time riding and I wonder if he was wearing a helmet in this accident since he received head trauma.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Good luck to him, it's always nice to see someone back on the bike. He rode recently but was dropped quickly, I hope he's come on in form.

Does anyone know if he's regained his level in full and if he can make a total comeback?
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    After what his body has gone through I wouldn't have thought he will be back to full form until next year to be honest. Great to see him back though and great to see Saxo Bank supporting him so wholeheartedly.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    I did not go through the full six pages and my total condolences to he and his family and friends and I hope he fully recovers.

But did anyone mention a helmet? As a pro cyclist, he probably wears a helmet all the time riding and I wonder if he was wearing a helmet in this accident since he received head trauma.

If you has read all the pages your question would be answered.
  • I did not go through the full six pages and my total condolences to he and his family and friends and I hope he fully recovers.

He did wear a helmet and he had not been drinking. No one knows what happened, because no one saw and he (obviously) doesn't remember.

Great news about ToB, can't wait to cheer for him!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,221
    I did not go through the full six pages and my total condolences to he and his family and friends and I hope he fully recovers.

You do realise this was an accident on a motor scooter nearly a year ago rather than a cycling crash don't you?
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    Isnt' it funny that no-one says anything about the support he has received from Bjarne Riis? O, I've just remembered, some of you might have to eat humble pie. :lol:
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    Ms Tree wrote:
    Isnt' it funny that no-one says anything about the support he has received from Bjarne Riis? O, I've just remembered, some of you might have to eat humble pie. :lol:

Good point. Fair play to Riis he has stuck with Bellis all the way. Nice to see.
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.